International First US troops killed in Mideast since start of Gaza war

The same people who were bitching at Biden's weakness leading to American deaths and attacks by pro Iranian forces are now bitching about Biden starting WW3.

If Biden did not respond to the attacks, these same righties would be bitching about how incompetent and weak Biden has made the US.

I honestly do not see a positive outcome in this. Striking Iranian proxies that are plentiful with or without warning or even killing Soleimani did not have and almost certainly will not have any meaningful effect and you wont be finding anyone that is wanting for a big, more or less permanent US presence in the area.

The same people who were bitching at Biden's weakness leading to American deaths and attacks by pro Iranian forces are now bitching about Biden starting WW3.

If Biden did not respond to the attacks, these same righties would be bitching about how incompetent and weak Biden has made the US.
Only one "bitching" is you.

You are a blind fool.

GFa9Pu8XsAAlXqI

was going to post the art of war pic in the meme thread. But that is basically what I was saying last week. Regardless of one's actual stance on the war and our policy, why the hell did he give them a weeks notice to disperse.

The headlines I saw were they hit like 85 targets, but didn't even kill 40 people? And some civilians were among the dead? Seems like a complete disaster IMO

was going to post the art of war pic in the meme thread. But that is basically what I was saying last week. Regardless of one's actual stance on the war and our policy, why the hell did he give them a weeks notice to disperse.

The headlines I saw were they hit like 85 targets, but didn't even kill 40 people? And some civilians were among the dead? Seems like a complete disaster IMO

I think because the aim is to destroy the infrastructure rather than kill. But that'll change if the tit for tat continues.

I think because the aim is to destroy the infrastructure rather than kill. But that'll change if the tit for tat continues.

These drones and such are small tho and quite mobile. I don’t think the released much info on what they supposedly destroyed, which is pretty telling. Unless I missed something along those lines

These drones and such are small tho and quite mobile. I don’t think the released much info on what they supposedly destroyed, which is pretty telling. Unless I missed something along those lines

Ah sorry, thought you were talking about the U.S strikes not the militia strikes.

Ah sorry, thought you were talking about the U.S strikes not the militia strikes.

I was talking about the Us strikes, and like the cnbc article I posted didn’t mention what was destroy, infrastructure wise.

I was saying that with a weeks notice, the militias could move drones, weapons, etc

Just like I said few days ago. Iranian axis is engaged in a long term campaign to undermine and eventually kick us off from the region while we play whack a mole every now and then.

US going to war again boys. How many of you keyboard warriors will be in the recruiters office Monday? Or doing something meaningful to support or stop the war? Lmao.
Already did my 20 years active and retired in 2019. What do you recommend we all do to "stop the war"?

Already did my 20 years active and retired in 2019. What do you recommend we all do to "stop the war"?
Shit, no idea just decided to throw it in there. Maybe go to the Capitol, little dust up, write your reps in the House and Senate, join some anti war group and March on Washington, become a billionaire and influence lawmakers via donations and tweets?

At least 6 Kurdish fighters are killed in a drone attack on a Syrian base housing US troops​

BY BASSEM MROUE AND KAREEM CHEHAYEB
Updated 7:25 AM BRT, February 5, 2024

BEIRUT (AP) — A drone attack on a base housing U.S. troops in eastern Syria killed six allied Kurdish fighters late Sunday, in the first significant attack in Syria or Iraq since the U.S. launched retaliatory strikes over the weekend against Iran-backed militias that have been targeting its forces in the region.
The U.S.-backed, Kurdish-led Syrian Democratic Forces said Monday the attack hit a training ground at al-Omar base in Syria’s eastern province of Deir el-Zour, where the forces’ commando units are trained. No casualties were reported among U.S. troops.

An umbrella group of Iran-backed Iraqi militias, dubbed the Islamic Resistance in Iraq, released a video claiming responsibility for the attack and showing them launching a drone from an unspecified location.

In late January, a drone attack by the same group killed three U.S. troops and wounded dozens more at a desert base in Jordan. The U.S. military launched dozens of retaliatory strikes targeting Iran-backed militant groups in western Iraq and eastern Syria and also struck the Houthis in Yemen.

The SDF initially accused “Syrian regime-backed mercenaries” of carrying out Sunday’s attack but in a second statement blamed “Iran-backed militias” after investigating the attack.

The umbrella group has launched dozens of drone attacks on U.S. military bases and troops in Iraq and Syria, and has called for the withdrawal of American soldiers from both countries.

The attack comes as tensions flare across the Middle East amid the Israel-Hamas war, which was sparked by Hamas’ rampage in southern Israel on Oct. 7.

Meanwhile, Britain-based opposition war monitor Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said at least seven SDF fighters were killed in the attack on Sunday and at least 18 others wounded, some in critical condition.

The attack late Sunday came two days after the U.S. military carried out strikes against militant targets linked to Iran in Syria and Iraq.

The SDF said it has the right to respond to the attack.

The U.S. military said it struck four anti-ship missiles on Sunday that were prepared to be fired at vessels in the Red Sea from Houthi rebel-controlled areas in Yemen.

In a statement early Monday, the U.S. Central Command said the strikes were in self-defense and came after forces determined the missiles “presented an imminent threat to U.S. Navy ships and merchant vessels in the region.”

Sunday’s strikes came a day after the U.S. and Britain launched a second wave of strikes against the Houthis, meant to degrade the Iranian-backed group’ capabilities to attack vessels in the Red Sea. The U.S. and Britain said they hit 36 Houthi targets.

https://apnews.com/article/syria-iraq-sdf-islamic-resistance-us-c621972db21d6b3db7ca1bccd50ce6ef

Lol, so after that week's long warning, we had said we told the Iraq government of the targets. They said we did not, and civilians and security forces were hit.

Looks like Iraq is more trustworthy than the Biden admin. Kill civilians and lie about it, yup, that is the Biden admin for you

White House National Security Council spokesman John Kirby apologized Tuesday for falsely claiming last week that Iraqi officials were notified before a series of coordinated airstrikes.

Kirby initially claimed Friday that the bombing of targets related to Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) inside Iraqi borders was communicated to national leaders beforehand.

He was forced to retract this claim after State Department deputy spokesman Vedant Patel confirmed this was not accurate and that Iraqi leaders were not informed until after the strikes.

Nation Building is a bad idea.
It worked in Germany, South Korea, and Japan (Philippines also?). Not when you are dealing with a mass of people who's culture is only 1 or 2 notches removed from pre-A.D. cave people with a dash of corruption. All the while protecting them via hands tied behind our backs. It totally sucked,

Back