Is this Really Anderson "The Spider" Silva's Boxing Record?

An article? The newspaper barely covers the world championsips, let alone the debut of some unknown fighter who got his head caved in the first time out. I think the burden of proof lies more on the side of those saying that its fake. Boxing Rec's a bit more credible than the heavyweight forum, sorry to break it to you.

if boxrec is so credible, why did it have anderson silva's record listed as 1-0 less than 6 months ago, why does it list his 2005 bout and his pro debut? why does every source, including anderson silva's camp list his pro boxing record as 1-0?

if that fight was an amateur bout it would make sense, but it's listed as a pro bout on boxrec, and it wouldn't make any sense at all for a 20-2 boxer to be fighting in an amateur bout.

i find it amusing that you claim he got "his head caved in" WTF are you talking about? have you seen the fight? no no no, you're simply a disgruntled boxing groupie

stubbornness? what proof did he post? absolutely none

he even claimed it was an amateur bout, if that was the case it shouldn't be on his pro record

show me an article or a pic or some source that proves the bout in 1998 took place and that is was pro and not an amatuer bout. otherwise it shouldn't be on his record

OK, if it was an amature bout, he was koed with headgear on.

There really is no more that can be said. People involved with the actual event confirm it. I have a feeling that if Silva himself confirmed it you'd be asking for photos and atricles.

i find it amusing that you claim he got "his head caved in" WTF are you talking about? have you seen the fight? no no no, you're simply a disgruntled boxing groupie

He was KOed in the first round. What would be your explanation?

Good Lord, MMAddicted is here...
...what's next, Brit/Scott?

pacmanug0.jpg

I posted the above picture of a ripped Pacman Manny Pacquiao in one of those ridiculous "Anderson Silva wants to box the 185 champ" threads, and I asked "how would Anderson Silva do against p4p #1 (or#2) Manny Pacquiao in an MMA match?
Then I asked, "In contrast, how would Anderson do against Pacquiao in a boxing match?"

MMAddicted replied that Anderson Silva "could hang" with Manny Pacquiao in a boxing match, but in an MMA match, Anderson would own.

'nuff said.

Here's the link, post #564 and #565:
http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showthread.php?p=21349478#post21349478

MMAddicted is the PERFECT EXAMPLE and the PERFECT REPRESENTATIVE of what permeates 90% of the Heavyweights forum.

OK, if it was an amature bout, he was koed with headgear on.

There really is no more that can be said. People involved with the actual event confirm it. I have a feeling that if Silva himself confirmed it you'd be asking for photos and atricles.

he was KO'd? last time i checked it was a TKO, meaning he clearly wasn't knocked out, you boxing huggers are hilarious, check this out:

http://www.boxrec.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=79698

but but but boxrec never makes mistakes!
Good Lord, MMAddicted is here...
...what's next, Brit/Scott?

pacmanug0.jpg

I posted the above picture of a ripped Pacman Manny Pacquiao in one of those ridiculous "Anderson Silva wants to box the 185 champ" threads, and I asked "how would Anderson Silva do against p4p #1 (or#2) Manny Pacquiao in an MMA match?
Then I asked, "In contrast, how would Anderson do against Pacquiao in a boxing match."

MMAddicted replied that Anderson Silva "could hang" with Manny Pacquiao in a boxing match, but in an MMA match, Anderson would own.

'nuff said.

Here's the link:
http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showthread.php?p=21349478#post21349478

MMAddicted is the PERFECT EXAMPLE and the PERFECT REPRESENTATIVE of what permeates 90% of the Heavyweights forum.

LMAO, making things up to dis someone is a sign that you got owned badly

Suffice to say, we wouldnt be watching him on TV.

Yea exactly.

Honestly, im a huge fan of Anderson Silva as an MMA fighter. I think hes by far the best striker in the sport.

However, listening to people from the heavyweight forum claim that this guy can take RJJ because he bobbed and weaved against Big Nog in a sparring session and showed some flashy head movement against the very mechanical Rich Franklin needs to get their head examined.

I see average pro's at boxing gyms around Toronto that do the exact same thing as Silva. Using flashy head movement, bobbing and weaving to avoid punches against an elite boxer is impressive but using it on amateurs is NOT.

'nuff said.

HAHA truth. As if Pacquiao or Roy Jones havent seen it all. I like The Spider, but in the ring, Silvas boxing would be old news to these battle tested dogs.

if boxrec is so credible, why did it have anderson silva's record listed as 1-0 less than 6 months ago, why does it list his 2005 bout and his pro debut? why does every source, including anderson silva's camp list his pro boxing record as 1-0?

Kid said it better than I could - Sidney Gomes is one of the Boxrec correspondents from Brazil. In light of Anderson Silva

Yea exactly.

Honestly, im a huge fan of Anderson Silva as an MMA fighter. I think hes by far the best striker in the sport.

However, listening to people from the heavyweight forum claim that this guy can take RJJ because he bobbed and weaved against Big Nog in a sparring session and showed some flashy head movement against the very mechanical Rich Franklin needs to get their head examined.

I see average pro's at boxing gyms around Toronto that do the exact same thing as Silva. Using flashy head movement, bobbing and weaving to avoid punches against an elite boxer is impressive but using it on amateurs is NOT.

again..qft. I cant believe everyone thought his head movement against Franklin was "omg! freaking amazing!!" Sound like a buncha tards. Go to any gym, you'll see a couple people do it better than him.

he was KO'd? last time i checked it was a TKO, meaning he clearly wasn't knocked out, you boxing huggers are hilarious, check this out:

Fine, TKO then. The ref stopped it so he wouldnt suffer any more damage. fine. You win.

if that fight was an amateur bout it would make sense, but it's listed as a pro bout on boxrec, and it wouldn't make any sense at all for a 20-2 boxer to be fighting in an amateur bout.

I could careless whether or not this fight took place. But boxrec IS a credible source and their is little doubt in my mind this fight took place.

If it was an amatuer bout it just makes it look even worse as he got knocked out with headgear.

The point is he has a loss on his boxing record.

MMAddicted, you're the biggest troll and most out of touch MMA fan I have ever come across.

oh i don't know... perhaps the fact that your sport is dead?

All stats prove you wrong, princess. If you look at salaries, attendance, and PPV buys, mma is a small wart on the hairy ass that is boxing.

I could careless whether or not this fight took place. But boxrec IS a credible source and their is little doubt in my mind this fight took place.

If it was an amatuer bout it just makes it look even worse as he got knocked out with headgear.

The point is he has a loss on his boxing record.

MMAddicted, you're the biggest troll and most out of touch MMA fan I have ever come across.

once again, a boxing hugger proclaiming he got knocked out SMH
All stats prove you wrong, princess. If you look at salaries, attendance, and PPV buys, mma is a small wart on the hairy ass that is boxing.

SMH boxing is done for, get over it

http://www.boxrec.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=79698

but but but boxrec never makes mistakes!

I'm not sure what that link means.

Oh, and it was aTKO loss? Thats almost like winning the fight to you I guess.

Boxing huggers are hilarious? Kid McCoy s the only person who has provided any info other than the same old wiki page or silva fan page site.

http://www.boxrec.com/media/index.php/Human:325793

2005? pro debut? hmmmm

oh i don't know... perhaps the fact that your sport is dead?

You see last years PPV numbers? You ever step foot outside of the United States. How many Brits did Michael Bisping bring over to see him fight in Las Vegas? 30? 25? Ricky Hatton brought 30,000.

When Manny Pacquiao fights Juan Manuel Marquez this weekend the whole country of Phillipines will be watching the fight.

i'll take sherdog's article over what some poster says any day

the thing is, hopkins then dedicated his life to boxing like few others. He is up there with mayweather in terms of dedication to training. Not to mention hopkins first fights were at a higher than middleweight.

I am not saying silva would do bad though.... just bad against the top 20 in the supermiddles, lightheavies, and cruisers.

i completely agree with you

i just think the record of 1-1 means fuck a.silva could of been a great boxer and could still be

Back