Is this Really Anderson "The Spider" Silva's Boxing Record?

Why the fuck would you bring this back up after 8 years?

It was stupid 8 years ago, its even more stupid now

It wasn't about the Silva Roy Jones Jr matchup.

I was thinking that boxing seems to be under rated right now amongst the mma fanbase.

I thought I'd point out that a younger Anderson Silva went 1-1 in boxing against two journeymen before he tore shit up in the UFC with his boxing.

Brazilian boxing champs are the same crazy level of skill as aethiopian weight lifters or Samoan Marathon runners

It wasn't about the Silva Roy Jones Jr matchup.

I was thinking that boxing seems to be under rated right now amongst the mma fanbase.

I thought I'd point out that a younger Anderson Silva went 1-1 in boxing against two journeymen before he tore shit up in the UFC with his boxing.
This man came in with good intentions.
If you would like sir, you should make a thread in the heavies about this and I will come in there and drive the point home.

I remember reading an interview with Freddie Roach in which he said Silva had pretty mediocre hands. He really praised B.J. Penn’s boxing and thought he could’ve been successful boxing if he’d gotten in at the right time.

Anderson impressed Roach at Wild Card

To the top.

Edit: damn thought this was the heavies.
Lmao!! The heavies wish they has discussion like we used to.

This was purposeful, I dont even think it's called the heavies anymore "white belt" hmmm

Anyone else notice Kid and LazyMan dont have "banned" under their names?

Roy murcks Anderson then and still now....Different game.

I remember reading an interview with Freddie Roach in which he said Silva had pretty mediocre hands. He really praised B.J. Penn’s boxing and thought he could’ve been successful boxing if he’d gotten in at the right time.

That’s how I remember it.

Roach said Silva came to the gym and he wasn’t impressed at all. He later said he saw him fight on TV and he was great, he just wasn’t a gym fighter at all, that you only got 30% out of him in the gym.

Roach also said BJ Penn was by far the best boxer in MMA. Then Mayweather sr trained with Penn and said he sucked.

This partly depends on your expectations. Fact is Anderson got stopped by a journeyman who probably wasn’t in the top 100 in his weight class.

Lotta banned mofo's in this threado_O

Some of them are still here. I know one who came back and is now a mod, not saying who though.
This thread brings back memories and the Sherdog Boxing Council era.
It kind of makes me wonder what happened to some of these posters, I remember almost all of them. Lugubrious , Kid, Bradlee, Mystic etc.
Only a couple in this thread aren't banned or still have the same username.

Back