Is this Really Anderson "The Spider" Silva's Boxing Record?

Are you aware TKO means technical KNOCK OUT?

you're a fan of boxing, of all people you should know there is a big difference between a knock out, where the guy is laying on the ground unconscious, and a TKO where the ref stopped it because the guy was getting beat up, or the guy got knocked down, got up and beat the count but was on wobbly legs so they called the fight.

big difference buddy

you boxing huggers are going around proclaiming that anderson was knocked out as if it proves boxing > mma, you people make me sick, there is no evidence that backs up the 1998 bout other than the infallible (sarcasm) boxrec
lol

Smells like.... desperation. I expect comments on my post count and descriptions of my mothers sexual prowess next.

Dead eh? Then why is Silva trying to sign a boxing match rather than an MMA fight?

i was waiting for that (talking about how silva is trying to sign a boxing match) you do realize anderson wants to fight a boxer to prove MMA is technical right? and because boxers and boxing fans have talked shit about MMA for years and he wants to shut them up... you do realize that correct? it has nothing to do with the popularity of boxing buddy

i completely agree with you

i just think the record of 1-1 means fuck a.silva could of been a great boxer and could still be

if he didnt think he could be a great boxer, then why do you think so. what makes you the expert on anderson silva?

you're a fan of boxing, of all people you should know there is a big difference between a knock out, where the guy is laying on the ground unconscious, and a TKO where the ref stopped it because the guy was getting beat up, or the guy got knocked down, got up and beat the count but was on wobbly legs so they called the fight.

big difference buddy

you boxing huggers are going around proclaiming that anderson was knocked out as if it proves boxing > mma, you people make me sick, there is no evidence that backs up the 1998 bout other than the infallible (sarcasm) boxrec

That is absolutely NOT the point. It actually doesnt matter if he's 1-1, 1-0, or 2-0, because he's in way capable of beating an elite boxer at boxing, which is what he's claiming to do. What is hard to udnerstand about that?

i was waiting for that (talking about how silva is trying to sign a boxing match) you do realize anderson wants to fight a boxer to prove MMA is technical right? and because boxers and boxing fans have talked shit about MMA for years and he wants to shut them up... you do realize that correct? it has nothing to do with the popularity of boxing buddy

*chuckles*

It doesnt have anything to do with the fact that in the UFC he'll make a couple hundred thousand for a fight, and millions (many) if he was at the top of boxing, would it?

1.you're a fan of boxing, of all people you should know there is a big difference between a knock out, where the guy is laying on the ground unconscious, and a TKO where the ref stopped it because the guy was getting beat up, or the guy got knocked down, got up and beat the count but was on wobbly legs so they called the fight.

2.i was waiting for that (talking about how silva is trying to sign a boxing match) you do realize anderson wants to fight a boxer to prove MMA is technical right? and because boxers and boxing fans have talked shit about MMA for years and he wants to shut them up... you do realize that correct? it has nothing to do with the popularity or boxing buddy

1.Right a KO can be anything from a big flurry to one big punch connecting. A tko is when you are getting beat so badly that you are unable to continue or defend even though fully concious. One is not better than the other in any way.

2. lol Yes, hes fighting for the freedom of MMA and the equality of the cage. :D I'm sureit has nothng to do with the exposure, the huge name hes chasing and the giant payday that will follow.

2. lol Yes, hes fighting for the freedom of MMA and the equality of the cage. :D I'm sureit has nothng to do with the exposure, the huge name hes chasing and the giant payday that will follow.

Jeez, Seano, youre so JADED! Anyone can see he's fighting for the liberation of MMA, and to show those boxing bullies whats what. Dont sully it.

LOL hit the nail on the head right there... Hey Seano, you know Roy Jones respects the hands of Anderson Silva...

big difference buddy

Whos trying to prove MMA>Boxing. Were just not naive and we dont look at combat sports through a very narrow scope like you do.

Silva doesnt give a rats ass about proving how technical he is against RJJ. Because he wont look technical when his jaw is in the 6th row.

He wants cash and that is exactly why he wants to do it.

MMA has talked more trash about boxing than the other way around. Dana White, Joe Rogan have started all this shit. Anyways you really think he cares about 1-2 boxers talking shit. And why would he fight a guy in RJJ whos never talked trash about MMA in his life. Why doesnt he fight Jeff Lacy than? Oh thats right no money in it.

Grow up.

LOL hit the nail on the head right there... Hey Seano, you know Roy Jones respects the hands of Anderson Silva...

Of course, he sees that there is no way he can win.

I mean, who has Jones ever fought really? James Toney 10 years ago? Anderson has shown time and time again that his hands are the only weapon he needs to put people down. Hes had fights in both the amtuer boxing realm and pro. How can Jones compete with that level of experience.

Silva brings too much to the table that will be totally new to Jones. Did you see that head movement against Rich Franklin? Come on, how does jones connect when franklin could not?

Also, check out the photos of Silvas confirmed pro fight. His opponent was clearly a defensive master, Jones isn't even technically good.

Thanks to elbowsmash for inspiration.

1.Right a KO can be anything from a big flurry to one big punch connecting. A tko is when you are getting beat so badly that you are unable to continue or defend even though fully concious. One is not better than the other in any way.

1) completely false, TKO can be if you get knocked down, you beat the count but you're on wobbly legs, yes one is far better than the other because it's indicative of how good someone's chin is, anderson has a phenomenal chin and has never been "knocked out"

2) according to himself and his manager he wants to fight a boxer to show MMA is technical... you have retards like Jim Lampley saying "nothing in mma is within light years of what we witnessed tonight in terms of tecnical skill" after watching the snooze fest that was mayweather/de la hoya

according to your own logic, i guess WWE > boxing because mayweather is pursuing that lame shit

all i'm looking for is clarification... was it an amateur bout? if so it shouldn't be on his record, was it a professional bout? then why is the 2005 bout listed as anderson's pro debut? boxrec contradicts itself as did kid mccrory or whatever his name is

it's strange that you keep changing the subject

this has absolutely nothing to do with roy jones jr.

this has to do with an error on anderson's pro record

1) completely false, TKO can be if you get knocked down, you beat the count but you're on wobbly legs, yes one is far better than the other because it's indicative of how good someone's chin is, anderson has a phenomenal chin and has never been "knocked out"

2) according to himself and his manager he wants to fight a boxer to show MMA is technical... you have retards like Jim Lampley saying "nothing in mma is within light years of what we witnessed tonight in terms of tecnical skill" after watching the snooze fest that was mayweather/de la hoya

according to your own logic, i guess WWE > boxing because mayweather is pursuing that lame shit

all i'm looking for is clarification... was it an amateur bout? if so it shouldn't be on his record, was it a professional bout? then why is the 2005 bout listed as anderson's pro debut? boxrec contradicts itself as did kid mccrory or whatever his name is

1. You said the same thing I said. If youre hurt badly enough to not contiinue although concious, thats a TKO. Wobbly legs are an indicator that somethng is wrong and you may not defend properly.

2. MAyweather/DLH? Weren't we talking about something else? Leave the biggest selling sports event ever out of this please. And actually, you're full of it. The HBO broadcast team was very crtical of Mayweathers performance.

Amateur or not, it appears t happened and the result was the same. If thats your argument, lets bring Jones' amature record into the mix.

Its not if youre on wobbly legs, but if the ref feels you are no longer capable of intelligently defending yourself. More often than that, a TKO occurs when the ref pulls a fighter off the other because the guy is out on his feet, unable to defend himself, and/or is taking too much of a beating. Both Ko's and tko's count as, you guessed it, a ko on the record.

Yeah, they should tell the buying public that the reason theyre switching over is for cold, hard cash. that sells well. :rolleyes: nah, far better to play up the mma vs boxing trump card.

Amateur or not, it appears t happened and the result was the same. If thats your argument, lets bring Jones' amature record into the mix.

Thats just silly. RJJ only had 134 ammy fights, was a golden gloves champion and an olympic silver medalist. He's not going to bring anything to the table Silva hasnt already seen before.

Thats just silly. RJJ only had 134 ammy fights, was a golden gloves champion and an olympic silver medalist. He's not going to bring anything to the table Silva hasnt already seen before.

Thats what I'm saying.

Oh and Jones really should have got the gold.

LOL @ MMAddicted.

So he didnt get KO'd into the 8th row. Instead the fight got stopped because he was getting beatdown and couldnt defend himself. Wooo glad we cleared that up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back