Is Pride Cro Cop the most fearsome MMA striker the world has ever seen?

At HW, I'd say so. Head kick ko's are rare at HW.

LHW I'd say Prime Chuck first. You could argue Wand, Vitor, Rumble, but Lidell made you stand with him via his excellent TDD, and could ko you going backwards.

MW Anderson allllll day.

WW, LW etc are a much bigger debate IMHO.

He was definitely intimidating dude back in the day. Young, hungry, powerful, skillful. Yep, definitely one of the fighters on that list.

Yes Mirko was #1. Anderson never destroyed in the way Mirko did.

I felt Anderson was more diverse. Which made him harder to read. But I believe Cro Cops strikes were so much more powerful, and vicious, with being thrown at incredible speed for a HW. To the point that he could shatter through defences with the power of his LHK even if they did manage to get the block in the way of it. There are a few active guys who could make it to this list as well, but i'd like to see the rest of their careers play out before considering them. As both Anderson, and Cro Cop have basically already had completely full careers.

Yep that was awesome. HGH Cop got smacked and had a lot of hand picked opponents.
Randleman was one of the biggest abusers of steroids and hgh in MMA history. Him and Mark Coleman sweated the stuff out of their pores. Losing to a guy with the fast twitch muscles of Adrian Peterson while full of multiple cocktials is something that can happen. Watch Randleman's fights in Pride. He makes Yoel Romero look slow and natural.

Absolutely.

Also a big warm LOL to all the Zuffa hype victims putting Rumble's name next to Crocop.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. It has absolutely nothing to do with all the times where he nearly killed somebody

Johnson2.gif

vzwvfs.jpg

2djp6p3.gif

tumblr_mgt52cuiZo1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

3_medium.gif

gus%2B2.gif

2.gif

5_Anthony_Johnson_vs._D.J._Linderman_2.gif

aa_vs_rumble.gif

Anthony%2BJohnson%2BDestroys%2BChad%2BReiner%2BUFC%2BFight%2BNight%2B10.gif

It's just all Zuffa hype. Nothing to see here folks.

Rumble is easily the most feared. Nobody wants to stand and bang with that dude.

HGH Cop was nowhere near Rumble intimidation and I would pick Rumble to smash him too.
You didnt even have pubic hair when Crocop was in Pride. Rumble is right where Crocop was in his day. The difference is: Crocop and Rumble are both 6'2 and walk around at 230lbs. Rumble cuts weight so he can fight the smallest guys possible because he knows he cant even KO glass jaw Arlovski at heavyweight. Crocop fought at HW vs the best in the sport at the time and was not champ because he was nmot as good an all around fighter as Fedor and was still green when he fought Prime Nog. Had they rematched a year or 2 later, Crocop would have KO'd Nog. Crocop dealt with a ton of injuries accumulated from fighter bigger fighters which is the same thing that has happened to Fedor, Nog, and Velasquez = all smaller natural HW's who fight guys who cut from 265-plus. Rumble doesnt want any of that so he cuts so he can fight smaller men with smaller bone structures and while he is a killer at 205lbs. He would be a 6-10 ranked HW at best.

I won't argue with Crocop being number one. But I must add that no one created as much fear in their opponents as Silva. People were plain ole scared of him, and you could see it in his lots of his fights.

I don't know about all that, but I do know Kev beat his ass with some savage GNP.

[YT]

And Crocop came back and choked his ass out in 60 seconds. Whats your point except to hate on the guy without presenting an argument.

Stop what? Andersons striking > Crocops
No it isnt. You also probably think RDA has better striking than Mcgrregor dork. Crocop has far more accomplishments in the world of Professional Kickboxing than Anderson. Brazilian Kickboxing is second rate. Their most accomplished K-1 fighter of all time was a Kyokushin fighter. In fact their 2 best K-1 fighters were Kyokushin fighters. LOL at Anderson being an accomplished local level kickboxer in Brazil. Not even close to Crocop's accomplishments in K-1.

No it isnt. You also probably think RDA has better striking than Mcgrregor dork. Crocop has far more accomplishments in the world of Professional Kickboxing than Anderson. Brazilian Kickboxing is second rate. Their most accomplished K-1 fighter of all time was a Kyokushin fighter. In fact their 2 best K-1 fighters were Kyokushin fighters. LOL at Anderson being an accomplished local level kickboxer in Brazil. Not even close to Crocop's accomplishments in K-1.

You sound upset. Tell me more about what I think I know, I'm listening...

Yeah anderson cuts weight to fight smaller opponents. How is he scarier than a heavyweight?
and who was Anderson bigger than? Please explain, you do know Anderson use to fight at WW before moving up to MW right?

I think it's got to be Anderson.

Crocop was up there, but even in Pride we saw him draw with a light heavyweight, get KOed by Randleman, get out struck by Fedor (and I think Hunt), and get tapped by Nog despite CC hitting him repeatedly with some big strikes. All that was during his prime.
Don't forget Wand walks around bigger than him, Randleman was no freaking joke, Fedor is the best ever, and the Nogs BJJ is top notch.

Rampage's mom wrote a note to Igor Vovchancyn telling him not to kill her son.

Back