Is Pride Cro Cop the most fearsome MMA striker the world has ever seen?

Manhoef was more feared I believe but Cro-cop was definitely better.

Because he was WAY more likely to put his opponents away.
Because he had an aura of invincibility.
Because he stopped opponents at a higher rate.
Because he has stopped opponents out with punches, kicks, knees, or elbows.
Because he was MUCH harder to hit than CroCop was.
Because he can do all that in a big cage with no corners to #1 contenders in their prime.

I loved Pride era Crocop, but wasn't even the most fearsome striker in the ring for at least 3 of his fights during his prime. His opponents had cause to be afraid, but they also had a reason to think they could win, and even win a striking battle. You can't really say that about Anderson's prime.
Yeah silvas scary he beat the entire tuf 1 cast . Cro cop made skulls cave in. i.e. wand bleeding from his skull or perhaps igor going into coma. Sorry but a 225 heavyweight is much scarier haha. just because Bonnar and griffin were scared to fight doesn't make your statement relevant

Rumble?
JDS?

ok, they are 'striker' but hitting hard isn't the same as hitting hard and technical.
Rumble and JDS have a very rudimentary arsenal compared to people like CC.
6iqidh.gif

Before he ran in to Cain again, JDS was destroying people just as brutally as CroCop was in his prime.

^ ^

when we talk about legendary strikers in MMA we don't miss the name Cro Cop on the list but to you is he the most fearsome?

Mirko.jpg

If that was true you would be referring to him as CroCop, not {Conditional} CroCop. Obviously, your mind itself recognizes that it has seen better. Stop lying to yourself.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. It has absolutely nothing to do with all the times where he nearly killed somebody

Johnson2.gif

vzwvfs.jpg

2djp6p3.gif

tumblr_mgt52cuiZo1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

3_medium.gif

gus%2B2.gif

2.gif

5_Anthony_Johnson_vs._D.J._Linderman_2.gif

aa_vs_rumble.gif

Anthony%2BJohnson%2BDestroys%2BChad%2BReiner%2BUFC%2BFight%2BNight%2B10.gif

It's just all Zuffa hype. Nothing to see here folks.

I respect that you invested time in finding gifs n shit, but 10ko gifs is something that can be done for probably 50 other fighters. Doesn't mean that any of them are on Crocops level.

And Crocop came back and choked his ass out in 60 seconds. Whats your point except to hate on the guy without presenting an argument.

Yeah. Kev really laid his head in there for the choke too. If I remember correctly, Randleman had Cro Cop backed in the corner the whole time, with his head in the guillotine position for the entire fight before Cro Cop realized what was going on. lol.
[YT]
This is about Fipovic's striking, not his submission ability, which by the way he obtained by training with the GOAT Werdum. The first fight was better. Not because Randleman won. Just because it was a more dynamic of a bout. No doubt though, when Filipovic set the pace, it was always a bad night for the other guy. Nobody can deny that Prime Cro Cop was a scary striker. And has, and still puts on amazing bouts.

Yeah anderson cuts weight to fight smaller opponents. How is he scarier than a heavyweight?
Anderson never cut that much weight. The "Anderson cuts so much weight" myth is because he gets fat between camps

Young Tyson never fought in MMA. MMA fans have a strange obsession with Tyson

It sure seems that way these days. Not early on. Holyfield > Tyson. Even Tyson has admitted that.

It sure seems that way these days. Not early on. Holyfield > Tyson. Even Tyson has admitted that.

No point telling them. I mentioned once that Tyson had all the skill and potential, but never really beat the great fighters in his prime to be considered one of the top HWs (an opinion shared with the boxing community) and got attacked by people telling me how he is right there with Ali and SRR. To MMA fans Tyson is an unbeatable god

Yeah, probably the most feared. Him and Manhoef. Cro Cop was really explosive and had big power in his hands too, especially his left straight. His kicks would crumple his opponents. That first highlight video really illustrates it. He was one of the scariest human beings on the planet back in Pride and his TDD was great. He was also a TECHNICAL striker and a world class kickboxer which translated into MMA very well.

One of his opponents, can't remember which, said he was the strongest person they'd ever felt. Freakish strength apparently. Broke Sapp's orbital too if I remember correctly which is why he fell to the ground and looked like he was about to cry.

Probably the most feared ever. I don't think he was the best striker, but thats different then being feared

Prime Mirko was an athlete of the highest capability. I have seen none that can land a high kick with more speed and more power then him. His speed flexibility power was and is still unrivaled. He was truly a rare breed.

2002/2003 was him at his absolute best, sadly he wasted it on transitioning between k1 to mma.

You know what? I really do think he either has earned it or is going to earn this distinction soon.

Even as a hard hitter, Igor at his best was ktfo HWs as if he had bricks in his hands. I would put Ruble ahead of Icecold on any day no matter how drunk and fucked i may be. As the thread title says striker, Crocop was 100 times the striker then Ruble is now.

Rumble has not done anything worth of even being mentioned among the greats in striking. Might as well say Hector is lol.

Back