Is Pride Cro Cop the most fearsome MMA striker the world has ever seen?

Before he ran in to Cain again, JDS was destroying people just as brutally as CroCop was in his prime.

i'm sorry but i don't understand your point.
i never said that jds wasn't an hard hitter or a successful striker, i just said that him or Rumble never had the techical skills that CroCop have.
arm punching, overheads, wild hooks, no proper use of the jab, rudimentary kicks...
they are "just" very fast and explosive guys, gifted by nature but not refined at all in any aspect of their striking: 'MMA strikers' while Crocop is a pure striker adapted to mma.

in his prime CC striking was IMHO a better thing to see: effectiveness, techique and, in the end, something more formative.

73pf84.jpg

Man, this does not bring back pleasant memories. lol

It was always amazing to me how everyone should have seen the left kick coming but only a handful were good enough to not get hit by it.

Fear not the man that has practiced 10,000 kicks but fear the man that has practiced 1 kick 10,000 times. I think that was Bruce Lee.

I respect that you invested time in finding gifs n shit, but 10ko gifs is something that can be done for probably 50 other fighters. Doesn't mean that any of them are on Crocops level.

You're right, Crocop doesn't have 10 KOs that brutal

Even as a hard hitter, Igor at his best was ktfo HWs as if he had bricks in his hands. I would put Ruble ahead of Icecold on any day no matter how drunk and fucked i may be. As the thread title says striker, Crocop was 100 times the striker then Ruble is now.

Rumble has not done anything worth of even being mentioned among the greats in striking.
Might as well say Hector is lol.

Good thing this thread is about being a fearsome striker.

I think you're overlooking the dough boy that hammered Duffees head through the floor

He who shall not be named

It was always amazing to me how everyone should have seen the left kick coming but only a handful were good enough to not get hit by it.

Fear not the man that has practiced 10,000 kicks but fear the man that has practiced 1 kick 10,000 times. I think that was Bruce Lee.

It's because Cro Cop set it up so well with his left cross. Even if they could slip it then he'd throw his left high kick right behind it and nail them.

I'd put Cro Cop at the top, followed by resurgent LHW Rumble and Anderson. Rumble's power and striking are fucking evil, Cro Cop's highlight reel is legendary, and Anderson has done some amazing things.

I'll go rouge in here.
I think alot of what was the deal with crocop was he was often matched up with smaller, outweighed and outmatched Japanese guys. Obviously he gonna be deveatating, wand had kind of the same aura.
So no not crocop not even close.
Hate to say it but rumble, he makes legit lhw grown men pro figthers scared to death.
Chuck was pretty feared to.
Many opponents were afraid of Anderson as well. So crocop is not the guy, if he was...thing would have looked differently when he fought jds, nelson, Fran Mir, Gonzaga, fedor etc.

randleman was explosive as hell and hit like a ton of bricks; cro cop was loading up a kick and Randleman threw a haymaker at the perfect time to land clean.
Stop trying to make excuses lol CC was brutally finished by a fighter with below average striking.

Anyone can look 'fearsome' beating the dog shit competition he did.

It's because Cro Cop set it up so well with his left cross. Even if they could slip it then he'd throw his left high kick right behind it and nail them.

He set it up with more then a left cross (level changes, cutting off the ring, rhythm timing, etc). Regardless, it still amazed me fighters got hit by it so frequently. Even the fighters that beat Mirko during his prime got hit by it.

He set it up with more then a left cross (level changes, cutting off the ring, rhythm timing, etc). Regardless, it still amazed me fighters got hit by it so frequently. Even the fighters that beat Mirko during his prime got hit by it.

Yes, but his left cross was the most important weapon with him setting it up. It's called a double threat or double attack off of the same side. If he hit you with his powerful left and were still standing then he could nail you with his left high kick. If you slipped his left then he'd bang his left high kick as well.

Stop trying to make excuses lol CC was brutally finished by a fighter with below average striking.
So were Anderson, Wanderlei, GSP and Liddell. You play the striking game long enough, someone will hit you on the button, even someone who is nowhere near your level of striking.

Reem. Anderson. Conor.

Pride CC got rekt by Gonzaga.

Not hard to close your eyes to the kick when you get a certain briefcase from a certain set of people before the fight.

Back