Is Pride Cro Cop the most fearsome MMA striker the world has ever seen?

Absolutely. Anderson was great, but definitely not as fearsome as CC.

73pf84.jpg

I think it's got to be Anderson.

Crocop was up there, but even in Pride we saw him draw with a light heavyweight, get KOed by Randleman, get out struck by Fedor (and I think Hunt), and get tapped by Nog despite CC hitting him repeatedly with some big strikes. All that was during his prime.
Yeah anderson cuts weight to fight smaller opponents. How is he scarier than a heavyweight?

junior dos Santos was the most fearsome until Cain took his soul

Conor and Anderson too

I don't know who can be the most fearsome MMA striker but I'm pretty sure this is not Cro Cop. He was good, but I can't see just one argument of a complex sport.

yes he did; but he kept Cro Cop off balance by mixing in takedowns. In a pure kickboxing fight Fedor would have lost to Cro Cop.

The first round was pretty much a kickboxing round. Fedor did an excellent job of circling and using low kicks to defend high kicks.

In reality a lot of CroCop's wins happened the same way. MMA fighters at the time kept making the same mistakes. Once the fighters got better and CroCop lost speed he became somewhat ineffective in MMA.

Maybe in pride he was. Mark Hunt beat him but didn't have as many fights. Crocop at the time had killer tdd. So he was probably the most feared striker in pride. But the most fearsome mma striker in the world? I would say no. But he is right up there. Who is better? I can't think of a name right now. But there are certainly alot more strikers who were more consistent in recent years. So I would say they, whomever they might be are the most fearsome. For example JDS, who beat Mirko. But that fight was close till Mirko hurt is eye. But JDS was a force up untill recently too, doesn't seem the same in his last couple of fights.

Cro Cop, Vitor, and Rumble all come to mind.

Old school ice cold igor vovchanchyn was a straight killer

Gilbert yvel was pretty feared too
If I could like this more than once I would

He was good, but I can't see just one argument of a complex sport.

He could head kick with precision, faster than people who were 80 pounds lighter than him, with the force of 1000 Suns.

It's not that difficult to understand.

Back