Is Pride Cro Cop the most fearsome MMA striker the world has ever seen?

At one time he really was. I'd say the height of Cro Cop's aura was after he knocked out Bob Sapp(who had defeated Ernesto Hoost twice prior to that, was undefeated in K-1 I think), jumped ship to Pride and killed Heath Herring the way he did, he really had a special aura about him around that time, I remember rumors that Fedor was scared to fight him and was ducking him when he backed out of the Final Conflict 2003 show with the hand injury. His aura began to unravel after the loss to Noguiera then the Randleman knockout a few months later, still though, when people speculate that a prime Fedor is scared to fight you you really got something going.

Definitely Alexander Emelianenko. One splash of blood in a striking battle and you'd have hepatitis for life!

So were Anderson, Wanderlei, GSP and Liddell. You play the striking game long enough, someone will hit you on the button, even someone who is nowhere near your level of striking.
Weidman is a much better striker than Randleman (RIP) though, as well as Rampage.

Yeah silvas scary he beat the entire tuf 1 cast . Cro cop made skulls cave in. i.e. wand bleeding from his skull or perhaps igor going into coma. Sorry but a 225 heavyweight is much scarier haha. just because Bonnar and griffin were scared to fight doesn't make your statement relevant

Yes, Crocop did hit harder than Anderson when he was capable of out striking his opponent, but it's not as scary if you still have a pretty good shot at beating and even out striking him.

Also, considering Crocop's Pride record was padded by the likes of Yoshihisa Yamamoto, Shungo Oyama, Minowa, and Dos Caras Jr (in full luchador mask) it's laughable to single out Forrest immediately following his LHW title and beating Shogun and Rampage back to back.

Don't forget Wand walks around bigger than him, Randleman was no freaking joke, Fedor is the best ever, and the Nogs BJJ is top notch.

No knock on any of those guys, they were all good / great, and I'm a fan of every one. My point was a guy that regularly loses to top competition is not as fearsome as a guy that regularly beats top competition.

Back