I'm in Cambodia ask me anything

Have you stumbled across any mass graves courtesy of the Red Khmers?

skulls_khmer_rouge.jpg

I'm doing some volunteer work for an eco lodge on a remote island off the Cambodian coast. It's a remote part of a remote island that has no electrical grid or even a road. Which means no fridge and you can only get around by walking or boat. Surprisingly the internet is more reliable than I expected.

It's a very different way of life for me and has been an interesting experience so far.
Who would win in a fight; 100 duck-sized horses or 1 horse-sized duck?

Ok got one. Is it a country where you can go around pissing off locals ?
I heard that in Thailand they will fuck you up pretty swiftly if you try to pull that shit off.
In comparison, in the West, people will think wooo an aggressive foreigner let's be careful he must be crazy besides I don't want any trouble with the law not worth it wooo

How's the hash?
I'm not experienced with but it got me high as fuck so good enough for me. You can get 5 grams for 5 bucks so why not. Europeans and Californians might think it's shit though.

Have you stumbled across any mass graves courtesy of the Red Khmers?

skulls_khmer_rouge.jpg
Well I went on the killing fields tour so I saw the pile of skulls. Fucked up shit.

I heard that in Thailand they will fuck you up pretty swiftly if you try to pull that shit off.
In comparison, in the West, people will think wooo an aggressive foreigner let's be careful he must be crazy besides I don't want any trouble with the law not worth it wooo

I don't know why you'd want to piss off people in general. I'd advise against anyway, but in Cambodia it sounds like a bad idea. Cambodia is a place where you can pay to blow up a cow with an RPG. I suspect if you piss of the locals enough they might drop you in a landmine or something. And for sure the local law enforcement will not be on your side.

I'm doing some volunteer work for an eco lodge on a remote island off the Cambodian coast. It's a remote part of a remote island that has no electrical grid or even a road. Which means no fridge and you can only get around by walking or boat. Surprisingly the internet is more reliable than I expected.

It's a very different way of life for me and has been an interesting experience so far.
Did you do any Kickboxing out there ? My old roommate had me spar with him back in the day, dude could fucking kick

Did you do any Kickboxing out there ? My old roommate had me spar with him back in the day, dude could fucking kick
I didn't know that was a thing in Cambodia. Either way I'm not into kickboxing anyway.

Es normal in Mexico. Don't be such a drama queen.
lol no it isnt my cousins in rural mexican mountains have nicer furniture electronics and phones than I do in the u.s. Cambodia is a lot poorer.

Lol wut

I know quite a few people who were starting shit and came out ok

(One guy they tried the good old fashion "overcharge for drinks/girls scam and he literally took on all the bouncers there lmao)

Depends on the locals/the foreigner i guess

Was your job to fly there?

Did you leave Kim Wilde to grieve over your departure?

@Pugilistic - No question, bro. Just a cheesy note of admiration for you & your willingness & courage to go on these adventures throughout Asia. I quite enjoy vicariously experiencing your adventures. Keep up the good work & enjoy.
Peace.

I'm not experienced with but it got me high as fuck so good enough for me. You can get 5 grams for 5 bucks so why not. Europeans and Californians might think it's shit though.

Well I went on the killing fields tour so I saw the pile of skulls. Fucked up shit.

I don't know why you'd want to piss off people in general. I'd advise against anyway, but in Cambodia it sounds like a bad idea. Cambodia is a place where you can pay to blow up a cow with an RPG. I suspect if you piss of the locals enough they might drop you in a landmine or something. And for sure the local law enforcement will not be on your side.
I don't piss anyone off don't worry.
But I find it an interesting cultural indicator.

You'll never see a thai person attack a foreigner. Its always at least 4 to 5 thai people vs 1 foreigner.

Why haven’t you answered my question about Cambodian breast milk? You lied in your thread title.

Back