I'm in Cambodia ask me anything

Is it true that you work harder with a gun in your back for a bowl of rice a day?

That's a long way to go just to grab a beer with @Zer .

No real idea but I've seen a lot in Siem Reap. Ladyboys don't seem to be a thing here.
Oh wait. Skip that last point.

I've been offered a handjob by two women for 30 bucks but I'm sure you can haggle it down. I personally don't find the women here very attractive.
eh. Well maybe.

What food is nice over there?
Western food. Burgers. Pizza. Not joking they're good at it and the local food isn't really good.

Cousins Burger in Cambodia one of the best burger joints in Asia

will you send me nudes of some cambodian dimes??? how does a 10/10 cambodian compare to an LA 10/10?

I actually used to know a cambodian girl. At 19, she was stunning. 9/10 easy. Perfectly size thighs/ass, flawless skin, beautiful face. Just stunning.

At 21 she had somehow became a 5/10. One of the saddest things I have ever seen.

Have they started to shit talk about the Vietnamese yet?

Are they still killing all the cultured people, and working to form a utopian peasant society where everything sucks?

@Pugilistic Sorry, felt like I should call you back to this thread since I have some more serious questions and I'm trying not to rehash too much stuff that was already asked/answered in this thread.

Would you say Cambodia is worth going to if you're interested in visiting SEA, or is it one you should probably skip like Myanmar? I've heard that Cambodia is sneakily expensive because they use the dollar. Was that your experience there? How are the women there relative to women in other SEA countries? Is the Western food there, like pizza, burritos, burgers, etc. better than the local food? Are they more relaxed about recreational drugs there than other East/Southeast Asian countries? Is it easy to get that pizza made with weed that Anthony Bourdain had when he was there? Thanks.

Last edited:
I've got a few questions: How do people generally feel about Hun Sen? Are people happy with the direction the direction the country is going? And how do most people feel about Cambodia's recent past history from the Khmer Rouge to the Indochina wars?
I wanted to update my answer because I got to speak to a local about this. Or rather he just told me unprompted. He was my guide for the Irawaddy dolphin tour in the Mekong river and he did not like Hun Sen. He said the government is corrupt and selling the country to China. Cambodia is still definitely recovering from its history and the people seem to be aware of that. There's apparently a lot of resent towards their neighbors. They blame everything on the Vietnamese and harbor some hate towards Thailand as well. They're cool with Laos because Laotians are in the same boat. My guide told me when he was growing up people were so ignorant they used to drop dynamite into the Mekong to catch fish and on occasion they would kill dolphins and eat them as well. There's not as many fish and dolphins in the river as a result. I felt bad for my guide because he said he received 15 bucks a day for working his ass off on the kayaking tour.

He was the only local I got to talk to politics about though. According to an Aussie I met who has been living in Cambodia for several years, her Khmer friends didn't seem to care about anything else other than day to day living. Some people apparently welcome the Chinese because the Chinese are developing the land and the locals don't want to do the work.

@Pugilistic Sorry, felt like I should call you back to this thread since I have some more serious questions and I'm trying not to rehash too much with stuff that was already asked/answered in this thread.

Would you say Cambodia is worth going to if you're interested in visiting SEA, or is it one you should probably skip like Myanmar? I've heard that Cambodia is sneakily expensive because they use the dollar. Was that your experience there? How are the women there relative to women in other SEA countries? Is the Western food there, like pizza, burritos, burgers, etc. better than the local food? Are they more relaxed about recreational drugs there than other East/Southeast Asian countries? Is it easy to get that pizza made with weed that Anthony Bourdain had when he was there? Thanks.

Would you say Cambodia is worth going to if you're interested in visiting SEA, or is it one you should probably skip like Myanmar?
I haven't been to Myanmar, but literally every single backpacker I've met who's been there say it's their favorite country. Don't skip Myanmar. I'd love to visit.
Cambodia wasn't my favorite but honestly I wouldn't skip any of it because it's all part of the experience. I didn't care for the cities but the island was gorgeous, the town of Kampot was really chill and pretty, and being in the extremely local Kratie was quite the experience. Kampot is one of the best memories of my entire trip actually.

I've heard that Cambodia is sneakily expensive because they use the dollar. Was that your experience there?
Yes. More expensive than Laos and Vietnam for sure.

How are the women there relative to women in other SEA countries?
I don't care for women in SEA. I can say I've interacted with more hookers there than anywhere else though. They like to get dolled up and go to tourist/backpacker hangouts. I'm assuming so they can get a customer or a western boyfriend/ticket out of poverty.

Is the Western food there, like pizza, burritos, burgers, etc. better than the local food?
Definitely not. Compared to the western food I've had in Laos and Vietnam, it was shit. When I was a kid, I used to make "pizza" in the microwave using sandwich bread, ketchup, spam, and processed cheese. The pizza I had in Cambodia reminded me of that. At least there was weed in it.

Are they more relaxed about recreational drugs there than other East/Southeast Asian countries?
Definitely seems like the case although it wasn't hard to get in Laos or Thailand. Cambodian Tuk tuk drivers ask people all the time if they wanted shit (weed, shrooms, heroin, and the occasional coke or ketamine). Sometimes they'd yell it across the street with the police standing right there. Drugs were everywhere although I don't know if I'd trust most local dealers. I usually got my stuff from other foreigners.

Is it easy to get that pizza made with weed that Anthony Bourdain had when he was there?
Yes! Those pizza shops are all over the place.

50 cent haircut
I got a 2 dollar haircut in Phnom Penh and it was one of the worst haircuts I've gotten. I got one in Saigon a couple weeks later for about the same price and it was one of the best haircuts I've gotten.

Western food. Burgers. Pizza. Not joking they're good at it and the local food isn't really good.

Cousins Burger in Cambodia one of the best burger joints in Asia
Shit looks like I went to the shitty places.

will you send me nudes of some cambodian dimes??? how does a 10/10 cambodian compare to an LA 10/10?

I actually used to know a cambodian girl. At 19, she was stunning. 9/10 easy. Perfectly size thighs/ass, flawless skin, beautiful face. Just stunning.

At 21 she had somehow became a 5/10. One of the saddest things I have ever seen.
I'm not much into Asian women but Cambodians were the least attractive people I've seen. I don't think I've seen one Cambodian girl who was hot. The local girl I worked with was actually pretty cute but not my type.

Have they started to shit talk about the Vietnamese yet?
Seems like a favorite past time of theirs.

Are they still killing all the cultured people, and working to form a utopian peasant society where everything sucks?
No but you can definitely feel the memories of that horrible past.

How do the young boys bum holes taste?

Is it anything like Kansas?
latest

That smile migrates the flesh....

Back