• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rumored Ilia Topuria vs Max Holloway - UFC 306: The Sphere - September 14th

One of the best fights that could be made right now. No shade to Volk but this is a much more intriguing match up than the rematch.

I really think it's better for volk to fight someone like sterling or evloev in a return fight towards the end of the year. Those guys are very unlikely to give him a concussion win or lose, and it could help volk get some mojo back while simultaneously shutting up the people who don't want him to have an instant rematch.

Last edited:
One of the best fights that could be made right now. No shade to Volk but this is a much more intriguing match up than the rematch.
Yeah and Volk can still have his direct rematch, just after Max gets his TS so Volk has a chance to recover

Though as a Volk fan I think Volk gets knocked out again, I'm still so pissed about that short-notice post-surgery Islam rematch. They should've had Gamrot step in instead

I really think it's better for volk to fight someone like sterling or evloev in a return fight towards the end of the year. Those guys are very unlikely to give him a concussion win or lose, and it could help volk get some mojo back whole simultaneously shutting up the people who don't want him to have an instant rematch.
100%. He gets a win and the rematch will feel more interesting. He loses, we get a different intriguing challenger. It’s a win either way.

Topuria went on an interview and said him vs Max Holloway is in the works for UFC 306 - September 14th
It's Currently "Waiting on Max Holloway's Approval"

Will this be for the most important title in UFC history?

The BMF belt?

Illa Is such a sick fighter. Sucks one of these two has to lose. I think Max has a pretty Set in stone legacy as a fighter and losing to illa wont change that.

For the divisions sake, I think it's best if illa stays champ

I really think it's better for volk to fight someone like sterling or evloev in a return fight towards the end of the year. Those guys are very unlikely to give him a concussion win or lose, and it could help volk get some mojo back while simultaneously shutting up the people who don't want him to have an instant rematch.

Volk has a lot of bravado. Makes we wonder if he's wise enough to slow his pace.

but I agree with you, This would be whats best for him. Also keeps two lame fucks away from the title if he can pick one off.

Grasso/Shev more likely
Three title fights? Or too much?
I usually think those can go on too long, but I do have a strong feeling Topuria/Holloway would end in a finish so maybe it wouldn't be so bad

Agreed but it's all pointless. It's possible to fully recover from a violent knockout if the fighter takes a year off or so.
But two violent knockouts in a row? I don't know about that.

Even if his chin is refreshed he will be slower than ever due to his age.
There is no way he can beat Topuria.
I'd watch Max vs Volk 4 rather than that rematch.

Does Evloev stand a chance agianst Volk though? Because if he does then I'm interested in that fight

Hopefully this fight isn’t marred by illegal strikes like the Max-Gaethje fight was. Justin took 2 separate illegal strikes in both eyes which affected his performance. I also hope Max isn’t scared to put the BMF title on the line.

Agreed but it's all pointless. It's possible to fully recover from a violent knockout if the fighter takes a year off or so.
But two violent knockouts in a row? I don't know about that.

Even if his chin is refreshed he will be slower than ever due to his age.
There is no way he can beat Topuria.
I'd watch Max vs Volk 4 rather than that rematch.

Does Evloev stand a chance agianst Volk though? Because if he does then I'm interested in that fight

Any fight with anyone other than Topuria or Max or some high caliber name would almost be the final nail in the coffin for him even if he wins vs Allen or who ever. I mean, that's yet another training camp, X amount of months, more mileage, more age under the belt... His window is closing QUICK at this point

Three title fights? Or too much?
I usually think those can go on too long, but I do have a strong feeling Topuria/Holloway would end in a finish so maybe it wouldn't be so bad
The Sphere card is supposed to be some sort of Mexican Independence Day celebration and its been widely rumored that Grasso will be on the card. Not sure about O'Malley/Mereb.

Three title fights would be possible, Dana did say everyone will be blown away with what they come up with for The Sphere, lol.

The Sphere card is supposed to be some sort of Mexican Independence Day celebration and its been widely rumored that Grasso will be on the card. Not sure about O'Malley/Mereb.

Three title fights would be possible, Dana did say everyone will be blown away with what they come up with for The Sphere, lol.
I'm always iffy on three title fights cuz it can really drag with the extended intros and multiple five rounders.
If I had to pick between Topuria/Holloway or O'Malley/Merab headlining, I gotta go with the first pick since I think that'll be all action.

Hopefully the Goof is telling the truth and it gets a solid undercard with it as well.

Back