Media Ilia Topuria: "Fighting Brian Ortega Makes MORE Sense, Max Can WAIT w/o BMF Belt"

Speak Spanish so that's virtually what he says
saying if he doesnt put down his BMF title he's saying he wants Brian Ortega

Setting up the UFC Noche main event?

Yes, definitely it makes more sense to fight a guy who:
- lost to Max by domination
- lost to Volk by domination
- has 4 fights since 2019 and it's 2024
- is 2-3 right now
- was losing to Yair before finishing him
- already had 2 title shots

Why fight the guy who:
- is 3-0 right now
- has only lost to Volk at FW since 2014
- had an amazing KO at UFC 300

tasf9djvnb171.gif

Ortega got fuckin handled by Max

Max was TEACHING Ortega how to block,
DURING THE DAMN FIGHT.

Sillyia Tapatio is completely idiotic.
NEVER have two belts been on the line.
Why would he even want a fan-legacy belt.

The "champ" was born in 1997.
Earn those stripes Chilliya because
subbing cans and beating the (recently KO'd) title holder ... only to call for Ortega,
is fucking hilarious.

{<jordan}

Duck 101

Why is Ilia the one who is being called the Duck? How about Max stops being a princess and put the BMF belt on the line. Is he afraid to lose his tiara when Ilia dismantles him?

Why is Ilia the one who is being called the Duck? How about Max stops being a princess and put the BMF belt on the line. Is he afraid to lose his tiara when Ilia dismantles him?
Because he already turned down a Volk rematch and now he's putting stipulations on a possible Max fight.

He's literally calling out Ortega lmao.

BMF doesn't have to weigh in. Tell Top to let Max come in at 170 and let's put it on the line.

BMF in UFC does NOT weigh 145 lol

Ortega got fuckin handled by Max

Max was TEACHING Ortega how to block,
DURING THE DAMN FIGHT.

Sillyia Tapatio is completely idiotic.
NEVER have two belts been on the line.
Why would he even want a fan-legacy belt.

The "champ" was born in 1997.
Earn those stripes Chilliya because
subbing cans and beating the (recently KO'd) title holder ... only to call for Ortega,
is fucking hilarious.

{<jordan}

Duck 101
Sillyia Tapatio

{<redford} <[analyzed}>

Scared to death of Max, lemme beat the guy he turned into paste {<jordan}

BMF doesn't have to weigh in. Tell Top to let Max come in at 170 and let's put it on the line.

BMF in UFC does NOT weigh 145 lol

Strangest response ever.

The dork (you quoted) never mentioned weight.

You kids live in your own heads,
and pay more attention to typing "LOL"
than critical thought or detail.

<{outtahere}>

I think he wants this BMF belt for the money essentially. I recall Justin Gaethe saying that the BMF belt comes with the same benefits as being a champion thus you have ppv cuts (or something like that). I guess Ilia wants to use his two belts status (if he wins) to negotiate something with ufc.

I'm sure Max doesn't give a fuck lol.. If that's Ilia's condition then I would be shocked if it's a problem or has Max come out and said no? It's a gimmicky fucking belt I'd be shocked if this blocks the fight from happening lol.

It will happen next

It’s gimicky but the gimmick is that BMFs fight for the belt

Are simpletons really trying to treat the BMF belt as anything other than a gimmick, it gets tagged onto random fights to try and add some additional hype.

Neither Holloway or Gaethje had to beat Masvidal to get it on the line and he won it by beating Nate fucking Diaz.

Fuck me.

ortega....seriously

i like ortega but he's a notch below volk and max, its been known forever now.

Well, at least he's not asking for a shot at the LW belt, so there's that.

Such a shame that he comes across as a diva when he has the fighting style to be a superstar. Hope Max demolishes him when the time comes.

Are simpletons really trying to treat the BMF belt as anything other than a gimmick, it gets tagged onto random fights to try and add some additional hype.

Neither Holloway or Gaethje had to beat Masvidal to get it on the line and he won it by beating Nate fucking Diaz.

Fuck me.
It's Ilia who cares about it the most. Also as the poster above yours said, it's gimmicky, but the gimmick is that only BMF's fight for it. What's hard to get?

Back