Ilia Topuria: Movsar Evloev 'Needs to Finish Someone' to Earn Title Shot

Who should he defend the title against?

or Conor?

e0068101b8066038732860b58697365f4c10a0d2a9f7136b81022eb2dbced43a-860-460.jpg
Sean O'Malley if Sean wins, I want to see Sean get decapitated next.

Last edited:
All week this man gives his honest opinions and people shit all over him lol

Someone should remind Ilia that the UFC is the one that will choose his next opponent, not himself.

maybe you should have read the interview then:

"To be honest, my job is to fight. Whoever they’re going to tell me I’m going to have to face and fight next, I will be there.”

Seems like he's aware

Someone should remind Ilia that the UFC is the one that will choose his next opponent, not himself.
He literally said that himself, he's gonna fight whomever they tell him to.
I don't think that Evloev is a tough fight at all for him, but he does deserve a title shot.
Just based of what we've seen from Movsar, Ilia should handle him comfortably. The difference in power and boxing is going to be way bigger than the difference in wrestling could ever be. Hell, I think it's more likely Topuria manages to shut Evloev's takedowns down and force him to strike than it is for Movsar to outwrestle him.

I don't think that Evloev is a tough fight at all for him, but he does deserve a title shot.
Interesting.

The way I look at this match up is that Topuria has never faced someone like Evloev. On the flip side, Evloev has impressively beaten a poor man’s version of Topuria in Dan Ige. Another thing, Topuria loves to fight in boxing range, which is the ideal range for a grappler like Evloev. Lastly, Topuria is at a size disadvantage which is not good vs a relentless grappler. Will his stamina hold up? Can he deal with the grappling while keeping the boxing stance? A good grappler can make an elite striker look mediocre. We saw that with Islam vs Volk. These are some of the question I want to see answered by the champ.

Interesting.

The way I look at this match up is that Topuria has never faced someone like Evloev. On the flip side, Evloev has impressively beaten a poor man’s version of Topuria in Dan Ige. Another thing, Topuria loves to fight in boxing range, which is the ideal range for a grappler like Evloev. Lastly, Topuria is at a size disadvantage which is not good vs a relentless grappler. Will his stamina hold up? Can he deal with the grappling while keeping the boxing stance? A good grappler can make an elite striker look mediocre. We saw that with Islam vs Volk. These are some of the question I want to see answered by the champ.
I think Evloev comfortably takes three rounds off Topuria.

Last edited:
Like Leon said he wouldn't give Colby the title shot. Give it a few weeks and Dana to have a word.

Back