Media Ilia Topuria: "Fighting Brian Ortega Makes MORE Sense, Max Can WAIT w/o BMF Belt"

Hope Topuria just having some fun razzing Max. Max jabbering invited such a snub. If Max does not want to fight for title then fine , see if Volk will do a contender fight against Ortega. Topuria should not be able to cherry pick Ortega over Volk or Max. Both Max or Volk should be able to challenge Ortega for contender spot. Topuria can chill or jump up and take on a LW contender, prove he deserves a LW shot. No fast track like Volk got unless a short notice replacement. If both Volk and Max not willing to fight Topuria or Ortega then , Ortega can be lucky and get his shot.

Illia fucking shook confirmed

giphy.gif

If he want Max's BMF title does that mean he should fight him at 155 where it was won?

I'll say right now i'll 100% pick Max at 155 to beat Topuria.
Lol BMF is a gimmicky belt.. The 145 lb belt is the real belt with historic deep lineage. Im confused why Ilia is demanding it but I'm equally as confused why Max would be against putting it on the line.

I hope Conor beats chandler in spectacular fashion and then calls out max. That would break his record with Khabib imo. The BMF belt imo would be more valuable in a promotional standpoint than the real belts after that imo.
conor beats chandler
max beats conor
islam beats dustin and maybe arman too (who cares?)
max beats islam

max is the goat

topuria loses a rematch to volk then gets choked out by ortega and gets cut after 1 more loss in the prelims

he sits in a bar watching volk fight max for the 4th time (for the lw title) and he says "I beat that guy once"

He has a point. It’s not up to the UFC to make fake belts and promote certain fighters for their own interest. If you want Topuria’s belt put yours on the line or get in the back of the line.

lol

All the belts are made up by the UFC.

No need to defend Topurias cherry picking and avoidance.

Topuria has a good approach to facing holloway by calling him out for the bmf.

However… lmao Ortega is not gonna make him look badass at all. Very very insignificant callout from the champion

Ilia is probably enjoying the hell out of the fame and all the perks that come from being paraded around Spain with the belt, so he's doing mental somersaults to try and squeeze an easy defense that will extend his honeymoon.

It isn't even conclusive if Max has any say on the stakes of the BMF belt (I'm guessing the UFC would be hesitant to lose an extra belt holder, especially one with Max's notoriety that they could otherwise use to spice up crap PPVs).

Back