• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

If Volk Wins He is The Undisputed GOAT in My Eyes

Bballfan123

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I honestly believe that Volk is the GOAT if he Beats Machachev

Machachev is in his prime with one loss and the champ of a higher weight class. Protege de Khabib. He's 30 in his absolute prime without taking too much damage in his way to the top (1 TKO is not a lot of damage for a pro fighter with a long career). On top of his career this one mega W propels him into the GOAT conversation.

Why aren't people talking about this??? This is a MEGA fight. Volk is #1 P4P for Fucks sake. Do you know what that means??? It's means he's the fucking best fighter in the world you goofs!

With this win he is up there on Mt Rushmore just because no one else has a win of that caliber. Maybe 2 wins in mma HISTORY are up there

I still have Aldo as the Featherweight GOAT with Volk in 2nd place, but knocking on the door. If Volk beats Islam, I think he passes Aldo and is the Featherweight GOAT. I think that also puts him in the pound for pound GOAT conversation with Jones, GSP, Silva and Fedor. Absolutely huge fight for Volk.

So basically what you said is a win over Makhachev would be the greatest win in MMA history. I’m not disagreeing, but it’s an interesting question

Islam JUST won the belt.
Hes a beast and has potential to be the goat but there's a few killers he avoided on the way to the belt.

The charles win speaks volumes but he doesn't have the resume to be a goat yet.
All this fight does is help volks goat resume if he can win.

I think beating Islam puts him in the GOAT conversation, but a couple of title defenses after that against Oliveira and someone like Poirier/Fiziev/Tsarukyan ect makes him the GOAT

Last edited:
Not sure about GOAT tbh he's getting there at FW however probably needs to beat Emmett/Yair winner then the best of generation next Allen, Topuria outside chance of Evloev included in that discussion.2 more wins and he's right up there in the thick of it. Any discussion of current P4P best though would start with who is number 2 because the gap between Volk and the rest would be ridiculous.

So basically what you said is a win over Makhachev would be the greatest win in MMA history. I’m not disagreeing, but it’s an interesting question
Not actually, the Fedor v. cro Cop was basically in my view the ultimate MMa fight, Cro Coo tepresenting Western specialization vs. Fedor representing Eastern mixed fighting (sambo mixed judo and with other things). I am saying with Volk being the lower weigjt class makes it more impressive. A fight is a a fight, people care if the smaller guy beats the bigger guy it's just human nature.

I fully agree. Volk does not get the respect he deserves.

Yeah he probably doesnt and he still wont with me. I mean the guy is great and all and has beaten guys that I thought he wouldnt like Max and Aldo but I still dont think he is better than GSP, Silva or Jones. I mean he is someone that does everything very well but doesnt excel at anything. GSP, Silva and Jones were all good every where but they all excelled some where like GSP and Jones with their Wrestling and you can even Say Jones with his Striking, Silva with his striking of course.

Islam JUST won the belt.
Hes a beast and has potential to be the goat but there's a few killers he avoided on the way to the belt.

The charles win speaks volumes but he doesn't have the resume to be a goat yet.
All this fight does is help volks goat resume if he can win.
He's still like 7 ibches taller, that counts man idk that's how the public views it

I honestly believe that Volk is the GOAT if he Beats Machachev

Machachev is in his prime with one loss and the champ of a higher weight class. Protege de Khabib. He's 30 in his absolute prime without taking too much damage in his way to the top (1 TKO is not a lot of damage for a pro fighter with a long career). On top of his career this one mega W propels him into the GOAT conversation.

Why aren't people talking about this??? This is a MEGA fight. Volk is #1 P4P for Fucks sake. Do you know what that means??? It's means he's the fucking best fighter in the world you goofs!

With this win he is up there on Mt Rushmore just because no one else has a win of that caliber. Maybe 2 wins in mma HISTORY are up there
Volk isn't even the FW GOAT and Islam only has two, top ten ranked wins at LW (based on FightMatrix).

0/10 thread

Volk is #1 P4P for Fucks sake. Do you know what that means??? It's means he's the fucking best fighter in the world you goofs!

The number one P4P fighter is almost never the best fighter in the world. P4P doesn't measure who is best, but who is more skilled, which is not at all the same as being the best.

Overall GOAT, no but he definitely solidifies FW GOAT if he beats Islam.

Back