• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Caffeine

It doesn't really effect me much. I drink quadruple espresso to start the day and then double that before lunch. Then no caffeine after as it takes at least 8hrs to leave system and I don't want it to effect my sleep quality.

I stop drinking sometimes and get no withdrawal. Then I start again and it's nice but that's about it. My dopamine receptors are pretty cranky generally though.

There's too much blood in my caffeine system.

I caffeine i am that was because the vending machine was broken at college, you could have as a stronger coffee as you liked and I drank 17 shots worth in half an hour. That felt great.

Drink it once a week and youre ruined for that day due to the crash.

Can’t talk, it’s part of my morning ritual. I wake up feeling fine, but I’m a creature of habit. Within an hour or two I’m indulging in caffeine.

Can’t comment til I quit, because it’s so simple and unimportant.

I drink 3-4 cups a day and six days a week I use a pre workout with more caffeine. not giving it up

You bring one important point…I train for years too and without caffeine I train way better I mean I dont get tired and feel stronger plus somehow it makes muscles softer

With caffeine you train better, don't get tired during the workout and feel stronger. There is a crash after the workout. YouTuber (Fitness Deal News) documents his experiences using different preworkouts and noting the caffeine content of each. He also documents the others ingredients such as vitamin C, creatine, glutamine and beta alanine.

As for the muscles feeling softer, I myself haven't experienced that. My muscles are always stiff. I do mostly weighted cardio. That being said there is a YouTuber (Jerry Ward) that claims empirically taking pre workout before training prevents one from bulking up. I find this to be true but then again I've always wanted to be lean and fit as opposed to big and bulky.

Last edited:
With caffeine you train better, don't get tired during the workout and feel stronger. There is a crash after the workout. YouTuber (Fitness Deal News) documents his experiences using different preworkouts and noting the caffeine content of each. He also documents the others ingredients such as vitamin C, creatine, glutamine and beta alanine.

As for the muscles feeling softer, I myself haven't experienced that. My muscles are always stiff. I do mostly weighted cardio. That being said there is a YouTuber (Jerry Ward) that claims empirically taking pre workout before training prevents one from bulking up. I find this to be true but then again I've always wanted to be lean and fit as opposed to big and bulky.
Caffeine has ups and downs for muscle,and you can be sure downs are more I tested it times and times

As a chronic insomniac, if anyone tries to come between me and my coffee, I'll shank a bitch!!!

I lost a good job based on how shitty caffeine made me feel.. I went 10 years without it and felt fantastic. Been back on this last year and it’s aged my skin. I limit to <250 mg a day, but I would be better without it. You are max strength stronger without caffeine, and grow more from training when you don’t take it.

Some modern low/no sugar energy drinks have 200 mg and healthy stuff in with them. Those are what I drink 5 a week of now. Again, it’s aged my skin, and I’d be be without it.

Caffeine has ups and downs for muscle,and you can be sure downs are more I tested it times and times
Oh there’s no question you lose a full rep in heavy sets. If you’re going heavy, 100% skip caffeine, and if you need to mix something make it a pump product. Caffeine can be ok for regular leg day, or high reps, but you still are probably losing the last rep or two that do the most good.

Oh there’s no question you lose a full rep in heavy sets. If you’re going heavy, 100% skip caffeine, and if you need to mix something make it a pump product. Caffeine can be ok for regular leg day, or high reps, but you still are probably losing the last rep or two that do the most good.
No doubt

I lost a good job based on how shitty caffeine made me feel.. I went 10 years without it and felt fantastic. Been back on this last year and it’s aged my skin. I limit to <250 mg a day, but I would be better without it. You are max strength stronger without caffeine, and grow more from training when you don’t take it.

Some modern low/no sugar energy drinks have 200 mg and healthy stuff in with them. Those are what I drink 5 a week of now. Again, it’s aged my skin, and I’d be be without it.
Without caffeine health energy levels mentality are way better amd no doubt caffeine makes skin worse

What's your guys daily caffeine intake like?

I usually have a venti iced coffee from Starbucks in the morning, then another in the afternoon using my own light coffee that I make at home. I did without Starbucks for a few days while stuck at home with Covid and now that I'm back on it, it has me wired. I guess I lost my tolerance.

The effects of caffeine are dependent upon whether you're a slow metabolizer or a fast metabolizer of the substance. Slow metabolizers are the ones who primarily get issues from it: anxiety, extreme dependence and massive withdrawals (stays around longer = higher tolerance), sleep disruption. Fast metabolizers get a boost from it with no side effects. In reality it's more like a spectrum, you can also be just in the middle.

It's why people can't agree on it, you get a different experience depending on your genetics. I've seen slow metabolizers inrl and their dependence on coffee is insane, they start getting the shakes if they skip a coffee and if they decide to quit the withdrawals go on for a week. I can withdraw in about a day, usually a headache, and it's like I wasn't taking it regularly. It also makes no difference on my mood or energy levels if I skip it. I don't recommend doing the ancestry tests but if you've already done it it's going to be in the report.

The effects of caffeine are dependent upon whether you're a slow metabolizer or a fast metabolizer of the substance. Slow metabolizers are the ones who primarily get issues from it: anxiety, extreme dependence and massive withdrawals (stays around longer = higher tolerance), sleep disruption. Fast metabolizers get a boost from it with no side effects. In reality it's more like a spectrum, you can also be just in the middle.

It's why people can't agree on it, you get a different experience depending on your genetics. I've seen slow metabolizers inrl and their dependence on coffee is insane, they start getting the shakes if they skip a coffee and if they decide to quit the withdrawals go on for a week. I can withdraw in about a day, usually a headache, and it's like I wasn't taking it regularly. It also makes no difference on my mood or energy levels if I skip it. I don't recommend doing the ancestry tests but if you've already done it it's going to be in the report.
Makes sense. My buddy will drink coffee and red bull in the morning like its nothing. He's skinny and has always had a very fast metabolism.

What are people's opinions on the effects of caffeine on cortisol?

It sounds like it does not have much of an effect with people who have a high tolerance when it comes to caffeine.

Ecstasy drugs have caffeine? It should have mdma or you're getting ripped off.

Caffeine is definitely one hell of a drug. I drink it way too much now but when I take breaks and drink it again, I start shaking and am all over the place. It's like being on speed.

I got to the point that I was drinking a pot or two of coffee by myself every day. I'd have panic attacks and be like, "Man, wonder what's causing these?" Because I'm an idiot. Had a lot of other symptoms as well. I was a chef and now work in LE, so 12-14 hour shifts are just kind of the culture. Lots of guys I work with pounding 3-4 energy drinks a day on top of coffee.

I drink about a cup of coffee once a week now. No stims otherwise. Feel much better.

Back