Media Ian Garry has agreed to fight Colby Covington

Who would win the fight?

• Total voters
I can’t say I saw any discernible correction of mindset. Colby’s entitlement being validated so often seems to me to have convinced him that he truly does not need to earn things.

His biggest claim to fame are competitive losses.

I’m not convinced he even belongs in the ufc at this point, but we will see come fight night:

What does this mean? That you think everyone in the UFC can beat him, because that's way off lol.

What does this mean? That you think everyone in the UFC can beat him, because that's way off lol.

He's not going to be competitive with too many 170lbers to be honest.
Most of his wins going back a few years are against 38 yr old fighters.

Lost to Usman twice, and basically mailed it in against Leon.
His future doesn't look promising to be fair sir.

It would be a good matchup. Colby takes more risk since not a gimme. Not sure who else Colby can get near term that would be better. Guessing Colby wants a quick route to title shot again. Ian might not be enough and he might not get by him. Favor Colby slightly due to his grappling threat.

This fight will be extremely boring and I see Colby winning it, assuming his bad last performance was due to injury and not a decline. If Colby is still close to peak, he can control Ian no problem.

Colby teasing this fight for months is hilarious, no one cares.

How good is Garry's power? I dunno if it's enough to keep Colby at bay though I think Colby might just be done.

Pretty easy 30-26 for Colby. Irish judo isn't exactly a huge grappling threat.

Pretty easy 30-26 for Colby. Irish judo isn't exactly a huge grappling threat.
Garry has excellent TDD and get ups. He is legitimate contender just entering his prime.

Colby Covington is 36 years old and hasn't looked good in years. He's a semi retired has-been who is trying to be social media influencer instead.

If anyone is winning 30-26 it's Garry.

There is a reason Colby Covington is ducking this fight like his life depends on it.

Dude really rubs me the wrong way and I am opposed to internet pile-ons.

Garry has excellent TDD and get ups. He is legitimate contender just entering his prime.

Colby Covington is 36 years old and hasn't looked good in years. He's a semi retired has-been who is trying to be social media influencer instead.

If anyone is winning 30-26 it's Garry.

There is a reason Colby Covington is ducking this fight like his life depends on it.
Lol, yeah, it's "excellent", based on 69% TDD against 0 competent grapplers.

Colby would be Garry's 6th opponent out of 8 fights coming off a loss, half of them over 35, the other half cans, a split decision against Geoff Neal who's lost 4 of his last 6, he beat 36 year old journeyman Neil Magny who stepped in a week before the fight and has been finished 8 times.

Everything you accuse Colby of, Ian Garry does, only Garry is less dominant and with weaker competition. If Colby sucks and Garry is "a legitimate contender entering his prime", why aren't you demanding Garry fight JDM or Sean Brady or finally fight somebody who isn't old and coming off a loss?

Colby would be Garry's 6th opponent out of 8 fights coming off a loss, half of them over 35, the other half cans, a split decision against Geoff Neal who's lost 4 of his last 6, he beat 36 year old journeyman Neil Magny who stepped in a week before the fight and has been finished 8 times.

Everything you accuse Colby of, Ian Garry does, only Garry is less dominant and with weaker competition. If Colby sucks and Garry is "a legitimate contender entering his prime", why aren't you demanding Garry fight JDM or Sean Brady or finally fight somebody who isn't old and coming off a loss?
TLDR

Because Colby deserves to put his money where his mouth is.

Also it is of interest because in terms of personality, Garry is the antithesis of Colby, and vice-versa....

Just have them fight already lol, it's not that hard or complicated really.

Back