Rumored UFC 301 may have a co-main "everyone is going to love"

If its Aldo vs Cruz.......Two retired legends who should've fought 10yrs ago....

It's the equivalent of having a surprise birthday bash thrown and they're like "ohhhhhhhhh, look who we have found........its X from school, remember him!?"

And you're like "yeah I definitely remember him. How's it going man?"

But you don't love it. It's just a mild slice of nostalgia for 10mins and then you don't speak to the bloke for the rest of the party or ever again

Better have something or this is going to be a forgettable Brazil card.

Walker vs Roundtree 2 & Barboza/Emmett are not co-main worthy, therefore nobody would get excited.

Khamzat vs Costa certainly would qualify but I doubt Khamzat would go to Brazil to fight, even if he could get into their country.

Colby vs Garry seems to fit the bill both in terms of being co-main worthy & actually happening.

Costa vs Usman also seems more plausible than Costa/Khamzat.

Barboza/Yair is another one I'd look at. Yair fought 3 weeks ago but other than a cpl elbows in round 2 he didn't take much damage at all.

Gaethje with a quick turnaround to defend meaningless BMF belt again.

Paulo Costa vs Khamzat Chimaev
So unlikely. 301 is on May 4th, less than 3 months from Costa's last loss in February.
Costa hasn't fought more than once per year since 2017 and is notoriously hard to negotiate with.

And Khamzat said he's not really looking at a spring return, he's aiming for summer

Presumably featuring a Brazilian fighter.
Solid bet.
At first I thought "isn't there a ton of non brazilians on brazil cards?"
but after looking up 10 UFC events in brazil I think all of them had a brazilian (or brazilianish, like Dern) in every single main event fight, but one or two.

It better get a good co main event, because it looks pretty weak right now. Who could justify paying $79.99 for that card? I have been an avid fan since 1995, and I have to say, it's hard getting excited with about 75% of the UFC's events over the last few years. They are in real need of some new star power!

These twitter punks are so pathetic.

"I know something and you don't and if you were cool like me you'd know but you're not cool like me and you don't know and at some point I'm going to tell you but it's not going to be now so be sure to subscribe and talk about me to all your friends and get them to subscribe"

Back