I need a dog, suggestions?

My family is big on beagles. They're generally good with kids and great for home protection.

The downsides are they eat everything in a 2 mile radius and they're basically living fire alarms. They're also prone to ear infections.

Speaking of infections, if you want something more resistant to disease consider a mutt.

I would think 2 young boys will have a blast growing up with a boxer puppy.

*EDIT not sure about that small yard though

So i want to get my boys a dog but I can't decide what sort, hoping to get some suggestions.

My boys are 4 and 2.
Live in a townhouse so small yard.

Don't want anything that needs walking twice a day or is aggressive.

Live in Australia so things like a bulldog is out (overheat).
Adopt a dog. Dog breeders are the scum of the Earth. Also, dogs aren't accessories. Find one that hits right and take them home. Picking breeds is for mouth breathers.

Go to a shelter where they euthanise, not just any shelter.

So i want to get my boys a dog but I can't decide what sort, hoping to get some suggestions.

My boys are 4 and 2.

If you are going to make the dog live in a small backyard, in the heat, and you also don't want to walk it very much, I would say don't get a dog. That's going to be a very solitary, very shitty life for the animal.

Corgi or basset hound, they’re small enough to play in a small yard and don’t need a ton of exercise, though the corgi can be energetic, they’ll run around your house. You’re gonna need to walk any dog you get a couple times a day, that’s just dog ownership, unless you have a big fenced in yard where they can run around.

I’m getting a chow in December or more likely January after I’ve moved to new home & somewhat beginning to get settled in.
images

Id recommend an Akita, have had an ex and a relative have one. Solid dogs.
images

Last edited:

My boys are 4 and 2.

I'm not sure but just research laid back dogs. I got an Australian Sheperd mix but he needs walking like crazy so he's out for you. Great with kids though, my sons about 1 and he loves my dog.

If you are going to make the dog live in a small backyard, in the heat, and you also don't want to walk it very much, I would say don't get a dog. That's going to be a very solitary, very shitty life for the animal.

This, get a cat or a goldfish or something. It sounds as if you like the IDEA of having a dog, but are not really in a spot in your housing or life to have one.

The truth that you suck and are terrible and evil does hurt yes

You don't deserve treats

You hurting is a treat for me.
Also fat free.
Its a win win win.

But I do want cheese and salami. ;(

Back