I need a dog, suggestions?

You hurting is a treat for me.
Also fat free.
Its a win win win.

But I do want cheese and salami. ;(

ENLBWtyUwAA0XwN.jpg

Reactions: lsa
A haired Xolo .. Aztec dawgs with healing properties.

Why don't you get a sherdog? I heard they bark a lot but never bite.

So i want to get my boys a dog but I can't decide what sort, hoping to get some suggestions.

My boys are 4 and 2.
Live in a townhouse so small yard.

Don't want anything that needs walking twice a day.

Live in Australia so things like a bulldog is out (overheat).

So you want a cat?

Go to the adoption place, don’t overthink it, let it unfold naturally, the dog that is meant for your family, is all ready to come home..
Bad part about shelters is almost all the dogs have hookworms , or another worm or parasite.

Bad part about shelters is almost all the dogs have hookworms , or another worm or parasite.

Yea, but breeders have health issues as well, and like anything else, there are good shelters and shit shelters..

It might seem counter intuitive but don't get a small "toy" dog if you have younger kids. The reason being that kids are rough and will pull and grab on anything they can get their grubby little hands on. A toy dog (maltese, chihuahua, etc.) will not being able to take anything rough and will either learn to be scared of the kids or will likely nip at them.

Plus some small dogs need a ton of exercise and some bigger dogs are lazy teddy bears. Like a small terrier, Jack Russel, for example is highly energetic whereas a medium breed like a Basset Hound or a massive dog like a Bull Mastiff are giant lazy couch potatoes.

Edit: oh and my kids wanted a dog, I got 2 pet rats instead. After 2 months they ignore the poor animals anyway and I had to do all the work. They failed their dog test ;) - Nice thing (and bad thing) is that rats like 2-3 years so it isn't a huge time commitment. And you can leave them alone for like a week without paying for a shelter or a neighbor kids to walk them everyday.

So i want to get my boys a dog but I can't decide what sort, hoping to get some suggestions.

My boys are 4 and 2.
Live in a townhouse so small yard.

Don't want anything that needs walking twice a day or is aggressive.

Live in Australia so things like a bulldog is out (overheat).

Pretty much every dog is gonna need regular walking. Maybe try a different animal.

After reading more thoroughly, a cat would probably be a better fit for you. Dogs need to be walked and played with constantly, as well as trained out of bad habits. You can fuck up with a cat and it will still do its own thing and not be too much of a nuisance.

I have a maltipoo and a corgi/poodle and both are amazing dogs. I will say the major downside is they tend to bark at anything that moves by the window but it's like a little doorbell/alarm for me that someone/something is there. They are both lazy as shit, especially the corgi mix who walks halfway around the block and then sits down and refuses to move again like an asshole. The maltipoo loves going on little walks but the corgi could not care less. They are both cuddlers and constantly try and get pet by whoever they meet. I am a big fan of poodles, they are really smart and affectionate. Pros and cons on these dogs:

Pros:
-Small, adorable, low maintenance, great family dog for kids, if you're single they get you a lot of attention at the dog park

Cons:
-Barks a lot, grooming is expensive, tends to be super lazy at times and doesn't want to go on walks, picky eaters in my experiences

I also had a german shepherd for almost 18 years. Hands down the best dog I have ever owned. He was so sweet and gentle but could be protective. Not sure how shepherds do in hot climates but if you are looking for a bigger dog, I would highly recommend them however they need to be exercised often or they get restless.

Back