How to Get a Hernia with Daniel, Matt, and Calen.

Yeah, I find that they keep my hands soft and pristine.

Speaking of soft and pristine hands. I forgot that I did some grip training last night, too.

Grip 2-5-06

Grippers

Left hand: Singles and overcrushes on #1. Forced negatives on the #2.

Right hand: Overcrushes on the #1. Singles on the #2.

I think that my benching earlier in the day showed up in my grip. I felt a bit girly tonight.

Sandbag Hammer Curls

~39x8
~39x8
~42x8

I put my new sandbag to use tonight. I grabbed the top of the bag and hammer curled that puppy for reps; it was beautiful--hard on my hands and punishing to my forearms. It's strange using increments of approximately 3 pounds when I'm lifting, but that's how my sandbag rolls I suppose.

Sledgehammer Levering

I did the weaver stick variety. High reps and a lot of grunting.

CHALK!?!?!??!?!!!?!?!???

good work, hulk.
put that in your pipe and smoke it, gym culture.

I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm a vegetarian. I am ready for the flame and to be viewed as a metro. And how that effects strength and power, we will see. I think poo and I have been working out sort of at the same level and we'll see who gains the most strength and power or whatever after a minute. Because he's a regular eater. So is HULKAMANIA. I know, I'm a :eek::eek::eek:. Right?

386 said:
I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm a vegetarian. I am ready for the flame and to be viewed as a metro. And how that effects strength and power, we will see. I think poo and I have been working out sort of at the same level and we'll see who gains the most strength and power or whatever after a minute. Because he's a regular eater. So is HULKAMANIA. I know, I'm a :eek::eek::eek:. Right?

Where do you get your complete source of protein?

beans, rice, milk, whey, peanut butter, cheese. everything has protein in it.

Yea, but not that many have a complete source of amino profile or w/e.

I'm pretty sure whey does, yo. Part of being a meat-eater, though, is the mentality. Thinking to yourself, "I'd eat anything that moves--elephants, snakes, sharks, you name it," that boosts the t-levels far more effectively than thinking, "I'd eat anything without a central nervous system or the capacity to feel pain because I don't want to cause suffering to any of my fellow life-beings who share this lovely green earth with me."

Cows = yummy goodness. Man up 386

beans, rice, milk, whey, peanut butter, cheese. everything has protein in it.

I won't flame you, just don't go Vegan. That's as counter-evolutionary as the fricken Rainbow Diet. Just doesn't add up.

BTW, Whey is a complete source of protein. Short of that you'd need a caseinate, soy (which is estrogenic, so watch how much of that you consume as a male), and a legume (bean) in one sitting to get a complete amino profile. However the combination of rice and beans does it as well. The main thing to be cognizant of is that as a vegetarian looking to make gains in muscle mass, you're caloric intake is going to have to be higher than an omnivore's.

Sandbag Drills and Oly Lifting 2-6-06

There come times in every little boy

Nice work. Sounds like a helluva day. I'm in the process of making my own (pea gravel) bag. Just waiting for the big ass canvas sack I bought on Ebay to show up.

Do you ever do one arm barbell snatches? It's everything a dumbell snatch is, but helps strengthen your wrists a bit more, too, since you have to balance a big ass oly bar w/ one hand.

Also, I think Hulkamania = Calen. Just a hunch.

King Kabuki said:
I won't flame you, just don't go Vegan. That's as counter-evolutionary as the fricken Rainbow Diet. Just doesn't add up.

BTW, Whey is a complete source of protein. Short of that you'd need a caseinate, soy (which is estrogenic, so watch how much of that you consume as a male), and a legume (bean) in one sitting to get a complete amino profile. However the combination of rice and beans does it as well. The main thing to be cognizant of is that as a vegetarian looking to make gains in muscle mass, you're caloric intake is going to have to be higher than an omnivore's.

In an Anatomy & Physiology class I took a while back (which is useless to me now), I remember the prof. debunking the Atkins diet, and she mentioned how rice, beans and corn together have a "complete" amino acid profile matching that of animal flesh...now I don't remember if its rice and beans, corn and rice or corn and rice, but eating plenty of meat-free mexican food (corn tortillas, beans and rice) should be good for a vegetarian...and incidentally, fish are vegetables from the ocean, so screw the mercury myths and eat some (how can millions of Japanese and Chinese people be wrong?)

And Calen, I can imagine your manly skipping with a big-ass sandbag in the rain...THATS hard-fucking-core!

I would post my log, but it was push day. So who cares? You guys have no idea who Calen really is.

wow, calen (as they seem to call you)
that story was inspiring. i had a rather mediocre day, as usual. i should man up.

February 6, 2006: Overhead Press

I have been trying to plan things out, at least a little better. Usually, I walk in and wing it. This time, I had premeditated my actions. I spent last night planning today's training. My plan was this:

Overhead Press
Upright Rows
Shrugs
and those variable depth push up things

I did not stick to the plan.

(sets)x(reps)x(weight)

Overhead Press: 3x5x105

it was a good weight and became to much for a strict press. so i starting bouncing.

Push Press: 2x5x105

after this i started thinking about the whole rotator cuff and upright row thing and decided i would just do some incline barbell bench press. i sat there and decided i didn't want to use the barbell. so i did one set of incline dumbbell bench before i just gave up on the incline bench idea. not sure why... i just wasn't feeling it. maybe i should have stuck to the plan.

Incline DB Press: 1x8x40s

i moved on to... no, not shrugs. i started doing rear deltoid raises/flyes or whatever they are.

Rear Deltoid Things: 3x8x20s

and since i had been thinking about rotator stuff, i did some of those rotator things with some 10 lb dbs. and some random grip stuff kinda mushed together and involving:

Rotator Whatevers
Bent-over Blockweight Rows
Towel Chins

i did a few sets of all of that crap. i felt worked... but i also felt stupid. i fall apart without my training pards. i'm a failure by design.

anyways, i hope to stick to a plan tomorrow...

You're not a failure by design. You've always been a hoss, dude, for the amount of work you put into it. Make yourself a program and stick to it for a three weeks. Hell, I'll make you a program that you can stick to for a a few weeks. If you can do that, I think you'll feel a lot more focused and productive in the basement.

Hulk - Xyience should hire you for your sandbag-stadium-rain-mud work and throw out the Forrest Griffin heavybag commercial.

Poo,be careful with the bouncing on push press. work the leg drive, press the weight, lower it in a CONTROLLED manner, once bb is at your starting point bend your knees a bit and drive again. Do NOT bend your knees while your lowering the weight. It's not GÜD for the knees.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back