How to Get a Hernia with Daniel, Matt, and Calen.

386 said:
I really hate posting these logs. I like the gym and I like working out, but I just don't like coming on sherdog and posting this crap.

Consider it a public service. I really can't enjoy my first cup of coffee unless there's a new post in this thread for me to read. It's like my morning paper.

No kidding, this log rules. I love the "faint 1x1" and the "random exercise 3x?x0". Funny stuff.

LOL! Just "found" this log. Good read.

Did you max out on "get naked" or why else just one set of one rep?

im confused do all these poeple post from hulks house...

if so then.... hmmm....>MMMMEMRERE

running gag does describe it better!

i did the two sets of weighted chins first, and then one set of chins au naturel to finish it off... i don't know. i don't think there is a method to my madness.

and...

Rest 2-2-06

Today I rest. Tomorrow I squat.

(by the way... that post up there where i tried to pretend i was offended was a farce itself.)

Actually, I don't think any of us _post_ from HULK's house. We just workout there in the basment. And Kory, none of us have a key, either. But we have times that we workout, you know. And Thursday is never one of them. :)

Two days ago, I rested. Yesterday, I squatted. Rookie was in the gym with me ready to take a crack at squatting again. He's getting down the form and he can squat a lot better than last week or whatever. We listened to "Canada Songs" by Daughters a few times and drank old water that had been lying around the gym for a bit.

Squat 02-03-2005

185x3
255x0

Here I failed, but no that I think back, I think I could have done it. When you're setting PR's I guess you need to get into the mindset of "I _can_ do it!" and not "I've never done this before..." But anyways, today was heavy squat so were were going for PR's and crap and it was a lot of fun. So I went back a little to add some to my own PR.

And then it was time to get my legs some real squatting. I'm used to doing like 155x7 and I think that is way weak and I need to get on the ball. I know that squatting is definitely my weakest link as far as the "big three" and being a sissy powerlifter and all.

205x5x3

Stiff Leg Deadlifts

175x10x3
205x5x3

Overhead Squats

Last week I did 75x10x3. But this week I was overhead pressing 85x5x5. So I thought that since I was overhead pressing that much, I should definitely be able to overhead squat that crap. And definitely, this is one of my favorite excercises although I've only been doing it for a few weeks so far.

75x10
85x10
95x10

And that was the end of that. Next week, we're getting in our Captains of Crush Trainer, #1, and #2 and that $11 that probabaly doesn't do anything but is supposed to make it a little bit harder and you get two of! I'm so excited!

And poo made a block weight that is 30 pounds and rules hard. Thanks, Urban!

Squat 2-3-06

I had high hopes for this session but it almost ended in disaster.

Squats

135x4
185x4
225x2
240x4
245x3
250x2
225x5

That's only four good worksets, in case you're wondering. I think I'm going to start keeping towards the 4-5. My knees started drifting inward on the last rep of both 245 and 250. But I also noticed that I was really winded after these sets. That seemed odd to me; I didn't feel like I had much in the tank.

Full Squats (No-No-No style)

155x6
155x6

I touched my hams to my calves on these. I was focusing on keeping a tight arch the whole time. Again, though, sucking wind afterward.

Bent Over Rows

135x4
175x6
185x5
185x5

Romanian Deadlifts

225x5
295x3
275x6
265x8

I almost fainted after that fourth set. I had absolutely no staying power on any of these. That set with 275 was one of the most grueling experiences of my gym life. \

Afterwards, I loafed around the weightroom for a bit, trying to get a hold of myself. I felt basically owned, drained, faint, weak (well, weaker than usual at any rate). I have a theory, though, as to why I felt so crappy. I think that I hadn't eaten enough good solid carbohydrates that day. I've been trying to clean up my diet, eating lots of lean protein and skipping out on fats and excess carbs. I might have erred on the side of caution yesterday. I think that's why I felt like I was running on empty. After I went to the cafeteria and had a meal (including a bagel and a big bowl of cereal) I felt great.

Anyway, I also started construction of my sandbag yesterday. I've got 240 pounds worth of sand, rolls and rolls of ductape, enough baggies to sink a battleship, and a canvas bag from an army surplus store. Right now, I've got 60 pounds of sand converted into approximately 3 pound blocks. When I get finished with this thing, it's going to be awesome.

Squat
2-3-2006

i took an extended break from work to come home and squat with 386. i've been scared of squatting. in september, i tried to max and tore up some muscle on 235. i only lifted 205 that day, because of my idiot methods. my max was probably 215 or so. but regardless of all my crying, it was time to squat heavy again.

Squat
135x10 (warm up)
185x3
205x3
225x1
235x1
255x1
265x1

and that's where i quit. it felt pretty dang heavy, and i was late for work. i MAYBE could have done 10 more pounds, probably 5... but that was close, so i went back to work and did some random pistols and lunges. so i ended the day with a +60 to my squatting PR. the last PR was set in september, i know...but it's still good to see some noticeable gains. i guess it averages out to about 5 pounds a week... my DL has only gone up 30 since september, and my bench has only maintained (i suppose because i never work it that much.) bah!

and, yes! the rookie was there, and his form is getting much better.

Nice work guys. I hate squats. Don't they make you feel terrible after a hard set? My damn knee is crackling now from em, so I had to lay off them for a few weeks.

we used to do the bodybuilder squat and calf raise combo all the time, and it would wear my little legs the crap out.

Inclined Bench and OHP 2-4-06

Inclined Bench

135x6
185x6
200x3
185x4
205x2

CG Bench

155x8
185x3
175x5
175x5

I got distracted here because two of my favorite gym rats came waltzing in. I really like these dudes, but they

It's just hard to watch someone you like sit there and plow through a mediocre routine, isn't it?

Oh yeah I forgot to mention. They were pretty skeptical of the bent over rows so I had to lose the gloves and go for the kill. I was like, "these really help your bench."

BAM! Sold.

HULKAMANIA said:
It's just hard to watch someone you like sit there and plow through a mediocre routine, isn't it?

Oh yeah I forgot to mention. They were pretty skeptical of the bent over rows so I had to lose the gloves and go for the kill. I was like, "these really help your bench."

BAM! Sold.
Just relate it to their goals.

My friend wants to get bigger and more muscular in terms of body image and stronger specifically in bench.

I told him it will assist him greatly in both.

Sold.

Back