How overrated is Anthony Joshua?

Usyk’s movement throughout entire 12 rounds how he is able to maintain speed, his engine and workrate is unprecedented for a man that size. Saying he isn’t special is trolling. Cleared out the cruiser weight division, unified and just beat the top HW in the world in 19 fights. Dude is past HOF status and is creeping up on all time great status

I'm surprised he was rated at all after Ruiz embarrassed him.

He's really good obviously but might be lacking on the mental side and he has way too much Yes-men / clout around him.

Ok I mean it’s your opinion but you are in the minority in this
Thats fine. I'm sure you've probably scored fights in a way I disagreed with before.

Problem is AJ won three rounds. Four if you're really generous or an AJ fan. Not 5. No matter who says what. And you've listed 6, so...

117-111 or 116-112 both make sense. 115-113 is getting into "trying to make AJ win" territory. Beyond that isn't justifiable, IMO. Again though, opinions are like...

I still don't understand the 117-112 card, but I didn't look at them to see how that total appeared. I figured that judge meant 117-111 and made a mistake. lol
Does anyone have the picture of the cards handy?

1DFA56BA-403A-4D9A-875E-652E8F301590.jpeg

I liked Howard Foster score but not the way he got there. First two for Joshua? Joshua won a bunch of mid rounds but didn't get much done early.

This is stupid. It’s too easy to say all Joshua has to do is a snapping jab when it’s hard for him to get it off when usyk‘s incredible speed and movement. Saying that usyk isn’t a special fighter is quite a minority position among boxing fans

What incredible speed & movement ? Josh hit Usyk with his right while timing his head movement, Uasyk has a certain head movement pattern that Josh figured out, Josh didn't commit to his jab, he just used it as a range finder to see what Usyk would do, once he learned Usyk's pattern of movements, then Josh should've committed to his jabs but he continued to use it as a range finder this hurt his chances to win, the jab is the most important weapon in boxing without being confident to establish your power jabs you won't win a fight period, Josh never trusted his jab and fought cautious and this won't work he's bigger stronger longer but didn't utilize his strengths he fought down to Usyk's size fighting small.

You jab snap your opponents head back then throw combos head body, then use defensive movement boxing is easy when you establish your jab, this blinds your opponents temporarily and allows you to fire shots they don't see coming.

Usyk is a small slow heavyweight but his southpaw stance bothers certain fighters because they weren't taught the correct footwork aggression angles to get in punching range firing straight rights and body shots plus jabs they either can't pick this up or weren't taught everything, some trainer -s are limited in boxing knowledge, so Josh needs to get with others to learn the right techniques to beat southpaws, notice certain fighters have no trouble fighting southpaw fighters just watch Chavez Sr against southpaw fighters and Floyd against Zab, when he adjusted used constant smart pressure with straight rights body attacks and hooks with jabs watch his footwork, Floyd made it look easy but at first had serious trouble with Zab, even getting rocked hurt badly, if Floyd didn't make the correct adjustments he would've lost that fight because he's fighting a fight Josh did against Usyk, the same fight with the exact same results but Josh never adjusted, while Floyd adjusted and after that made everything look easy, Chavez Sr came out fighting the right fight against southpaw boxers like Camacho, fighting the exact same fight Floyd adjusted and fought against Zab, after looking the same way against Zab early like Josh looked against Usyk for 12 rounds.

Chavez uses the correct smart pressure head movement straight rights jabs not letting Camacho get set he's always off balance and on a definitive minded mode but getting hit with body shots jabs straight rights, others didn't do this and got beat by Camacho even older Ray, Whitaker is on a different level of defense and could adjust but others have done this to Whitaker although there's his cocaine issues so who knows, Whitaker still could be beat, Usyk isn't on Whitakers level of talent even Loma who's incredibly talented gifted isn't on Whitakers level of defense and footwork but Loma is very good.

Floyd was having the same trouble problems Josh had against Usyk, but Floyd made the adjustments otherwise he's losing the fight, just smart pressure correct footwork foot placement and keeping Zab off balance backing up while firing straight rights and body work nullified everything Zab could do, it's easy when you know what your doing, if you don't know how to take a southpaws advantages away they easily beat you, Josh never adjusted.

Last edited:
All three judges gave Usyk 9-12 which is interesting.

I gave AJ 5,6 & 8 which all the judges did, plus 9, for 116-112.

I expect my scoring of the 9th was off, but can see one of the earlier rounds going for Joshua, so I’ll stick with 116-112.

Will score again when I get the chance.

All three judges gave Usyk 9-12 which is interesting.

I gave AJ 5,6 & 8 which all the judges did, plus 9, for 116-112.

I expect my scoring of the 9th was off, but can see one of the earlier rounds going for Joshua, so I’ll stick with 116-112.

Will score again when I get the chance.
It was actually pretty competitive with the exception of the last round.

It was actually pretty competitive with the exception of the last round.

It was competitive, but I didn’t think there were that many really difficult rounds to score either way, as indicated by all three judges agreeing on 7 rounds.

Will watch again, but I felt confident in my score and very confident in Usyk as the winner.

It was competitive, but I didn’t think there were that many really difficult rounds to score either way, as indicated by all three judges agreeing on 7 rounds.

Will watch again, but I felt confident in my score and very confident in Usyk as the winner.
usyk didn’t land a lot of clean shots, and the ones he did land, outside of the one that made him stumble early and the flurry in the last round, didn’t really affect joshua.

usyk didn’t land a lot of clean shots, and the ones he did land, outside of the one that made him stumble early and the flurry in the last round, didn’t really affect joshua.
You do realize the vast majority disagree with you. Everyone who has eyes sees that usyk won comfortably and was controlling the fight

'You're only as good as your last fight'.
The image of Fury dismantling Wilder is etched in everyone's mind, the many disruptions since have given 2 years for this image to endure.

you do realize Joshua injured his eye, that many thought he broke his eyesocket after the fight. Joshua admits this himself, which is why he struggled in the final rounds. Usyk was hurting him, even if he wasn't showing it during the fight

You do realize the vast majority disagree with you. Everyone who has eyes sees that usyk won comfortably and was controlling the fight
so you’re admitting you don’t remember any notable sequences or stats that can solidify your opinion, just that everyone else thinks something so you do too? nice.

you do realize Joshua injured his eye, that many thought he broke his eyesocket after the fight. Joshua admits this himself, which is why he struggled in the final rounds. Usyk was hurting him, even if he wasn't showing it during the fight
and usyk got his whole eyebrow split in half. he didn’t look particularly hurt at any point either. i have no problem with anyone scoring the fight for usyk but to pretend it was some dominant masterclass is disingenuous.

Tough to score it for Joshua. I thought it was closer than some but hard to find 7 rounds.

i dont think he's overrated. it's just usyk is that good. AJ is obviously big and powerful but definitely lacking on the technical side of things, and thats how usyk was able to capitalize

What incredible speed & movement ? Josh hit Usyk with his right while timing his head movement, Uasyk has a certain head movement pattern that Josh figured out, Josh didn't commit to his jab, he just used it as a range finder to see what Usyk would do, once he learned Usyk's pattern of movements, then Josh should've committed to his jabs but he continued to use it as a range finder this hurt his chances to win, the jab is the most important weapon in boxing without being confident to establish your power jabs you won't win a fight period, Josh never trusted his jab and fought cautious and this won't work he's bigger stronger longer but didn't utilize his strengths he fought down to Usyk's size fighting small.

You jab snap your opponents head back then throw combos head body, then use defensive movement boxing is easy when you establish your jab, this blinds your opponents temporarily and allows you to fire shots they don't see coming.

Usyk is a small slow heavyweight but his southpaw stance bothers certain fighters because they weren't taught the correct footwork aggression angles to get in punching range firing straight rights and body shots plus jabs they either can't pick this up or weren't taught everything, some trainer -s are limited in boxing knowledge, so Josh needs to get with others to learn the right techniques to beat southpaws, notice certain fighters have no trouble fighting southpaw fighters just watch Chavez Sr against southpaw fighters and Floyd against Zab, when he adjusted used constant smart pressure with straight rights body attacks and hooks with jabs watch his footwork, Floyd made it look easy but at first had serious trouble with Zab, even getting rocked hurt badly, if Floyd didn't make the correct adjustments he would've lost that fight because he's fighting a fight Josh did against Usyk, the same fight with the exact same results but Josh never adjusted, while Floyd adjusted and after that made everything look easy, Chavez Sr came out fighting the right fight against southpaw boxers like Camacho, fighting the exact same fight Floyd adjusted and fought against Zab, after looking the same way against Zab early like Josh looked against Usyk for 12 rounds.

Chavez uses the correct smart pressure head movement straight rights jabs not letting Camacho get set he's always off balance and on a definitive minded mode but getting hit with body shots jabs straight rights, others didn't do this and got beat by Camacho even older Ray, Whitaker is on a different level of defense and could adjust but others have done this to Whitaker although there's his cocaine issues so who knows, Whitaker still could be beat, Usyk isn't on Whitakers level of talent even Loma who's incredibly talented gifted isn't on Whitakers level of defense and footwork but Loma is very good.

Floyd was having the same trouble problems Josh had against Usyk, but Floyd made the adjustments otherwise he's losing the fight, just smart pressure correct footwork foot placement and keeping Zab off balance backing up while firing straight rights and body work nullified everything Zab could do, it's easy when you know what your doing, if you don't know how to take a southpaws advantages away they easily beat you, Josh never adjusted.

When is your fight with this slow small heavyweight? You clearly have him figured out better than all the other 354 opponents he's had in his boxing career...if you don't fancy the fight give wilder a phone call he could do with a new coach or even AJ ready for the rematch.

Last edited:
Back