Heat diner scene. Which two actors today could come closest to achieving the hype of De Niro/Pacino

They would have him on multile capital murder charges

But ok, i see why people like that scene and that movie. I enjoy it
alot, but its more of a generic 90s action flick for me than a really great film. The actors make it stand out. Im not going to say its overrated, because i never hear anyone talk about it.. Except here, Sherdoggers love Heat

Would they? I don't think its implied they have the evidence to merely suspsion of involvement, its only after the botched street shootout that there after De Niro.

The gold standard...

al-pacino-marlon-brando-the-godfather-publicity-photo-1972-david-lee-guss.jpg

Also...

america_primary.jpg

So much talent in one picture. Though reading the cast list for the Irishman will top It, lol...incredible cast.

These guys were in their prime though. Not to mention the great Robert Duval, not picture d.

product-image-41956901_x700.progressive.jpg

Last edited:
The Godzilla 2014 trailer lead me to believe that Bryan Cranston and Ken Watanbe were going to share screen time together. Shame it didn't pan out that way.

Tom Cruise and Leonardo DiCaprio

Righteous Kill is a fucking travesty. I have no idea why Pacino and DeNiro decided to reunite all those years after Heat to do a Jon Avnet movie. Hopefully The Irishman will cleanse the palate.
it won't. Both Pacino and Deniro have been phoning in their performances and are pale shadows of their former greatness. Pacino's last good movie was Donnie Brasco which was 20 years ago. Deniro's was Heat which was over 20 years ago. Or if you want to be generous, Ronin or Jackie Brown. In either case, I have low expectations for the Irishman.

it won't. Both Pacino and Deniro have been phoning in their performances and are pale shadows of their former greatness. Pacino's last good movie was Donnie Brasco which was 20 years ago. Deniro's was Heat which was over 20 years ago. Or if you want to be generous, Ronin or Jackie Brown. In either case, I have low expectations for the Irishman.

I feel like Pacino has been at least challenging himself with stuff like the Kervorkian movie and smaller character pieces like Manglehorn.

Heat diner scene. Which two actors today could come closest to achieving the hype that De Niro and Pacino received in 1995?

In 95 the diner scene between De Niro and Pacino was a big deal since at that point they never shared a scene together. If Heat came out today, which two actors could come closest to achieving that hype/reaction?

I thought they didn't even do the diner scene together because of said issues? If you notice in the scene, they never show both of them side by side.

So much talent in one picture. Though reading the cast list for the Irishman will top It, lol...incredible cast.

These guys were in their prime though. Not to mention the great Robert Duval, not picture d.

product-image-41956901_x700.progressive.jpg

...and Talia Shire. And Diane Keaton. And Abe Vigoda. And Joe Spinell. And Sterling Hayden.

Heat diner scene. Which two actors today could come closest to achieving the hype that De Niro and Pacino received in 1995?

In 95 the diner scene between De Niro and Pacino was a big deal since at that point they never shared a scene together. If Heat came out today, which two actors could come closest to achieving that hype/reaction?

Ryan Reynolds with Edward Norton

/thread

No one could replicate it wasn't just the performance it was the anticipation of those finally sharing the screen, no combination would get people as excited and Pacino vs Deniro.

Never saw this pic before..

روبرت-دي-نيرو-وآل-باتشينو.jpg
That's a bad ass pic. Fuck. Huge Godfather fan. I think the correct answer to this would be Daniel Day Lewis and Gary Oldman as they are considered the two pound for pound best at the moment. Second answer for me would be Denzel and Tom Hardy. That would be dope as fuck. Or Christian Bale and Tom in a continuation of the Batman dynamic and chemistry they had.

I even liked some of DeNiro’s movies after Heat. Reference Cop Land, Analyze This, Analyze That and 15 Minutes. The movies were not DeNiro’s usual gold standard yet good entertaining pictures. Defining a good movie is open to interpretation I suppose.

I like how no one ever recalls them sharing tons of screen time in Righteous Kill

539w.jpg

Probably cuz the movie sucked ass
That came years after heat, when both were old farts. Like too old to even believe they were still cops.

And even if there is a cop that's that old and hasn't retired yet, they always pair him up with a younger cop that can learn from him.

Back