Heat diner scene. Which two actors today could come closest to achieving the hype of De Niro/Pacino

Don't think anyone today would get the same hype as we don't have two actors so well known(that's key they weren't arthouse darlings) and respected for playing those kinds of roles.

The closest I think you could get is perhaps Leo and Pitt but it would probably need to be a somewhat different setup. Not to say I think there on the same level as De Niro and Pacino(although the latter was well into his post prime "hoo haa" phase) but there widely respected and two big stars,
You mean this kind of setup?

brad-pitt-6.jpg

Daniel Day-Lewis and Denzel Washington.

Daniel Day-Lewis and Gary Oldman.

Transformers, Indiana Jones, Eagle Eye. I don't even remember him in Constantine. Far as I'm concerned his only decent role was in Lawless. Lol at calling him a talented actor.

He's a former child actor who's eccentric, with legal trouble and hard to work with... and he's still getting roles. He's obviously talented otherwise his career would be over.

You just don't like his personality so you hold a bias against him.

Borg vs McEnroe- 83% on RT
American Honey- 78% on RT
Fury - 76% on RT

And on top of that you brought on Transformers and Indiana Jones which were huge Blockbusters.

Thanks for playing

He's a former child actor who's eccentric, with legal trouble and hard to work with... and he's still getting roles. He's obviously talented otherwise his career would be over.

You just don't like his personality so you hold a bias against him.

Borg vs McEnroe- 83% on RT
American Honey- 78% on RT
Fury - 76% on RT

And on top of that you brought on Transformers and Indiana Jones which were huge Blockbusters.

Thanks for playing

So you're saying he was great in those movies. Lol got it.

You mean this kind of setup?

brad-pitt-6.jpg

Once Upon A Time in Hollywood? doesn't really seem setup for it with Pitt as Leo's stuntman although its always tough to know what were going to see plot wise from Tarantino.

If were being realistic then probably the biggest "there together at last" would be something like Johansson and Lawrence but they'd need to be making out at a minimum.;)

Transformers, Indiana Jones, Eagle Eye. I don't even remember him in Constantine. Far as I'm concerned his only decent role was in Lawless. Lol at calling him a talented actor.

I thought he was good in Transformers and Eagle Eye. Didn't see Indiana Jones. I'm not saying he was an oscar winner in any of those movies but it wasn't bad.

The Departed had a lot of high level actors in it all of which I thought did very well.

vin-diesel-dwayne-johnson-feud.jpg

Is everyone forgetting this? The Deniro and Pacino of this era.

@blaseblah

He was pretty good in American honey which was sort of a cool movie despite its insanely gay name.

I can't think of a second but Harvey Keitel immediately came to mind.

Tarantino is basically setting it up as best as you can for Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. Dicaprio and Pitt have been two of the best actors around for years and have some of the best movies between them. Not to mention the supporting cast is just loaded. Timothy Olyphant, Al Pacino, Emile Hirsch, Tim Roth, and Kurt Russell just off the top of my head.

What movie has he given a bad performance?

He was great in Lawless and Constantine.
Constantine, Lawless, i'd argue he was very good in Eagle Eye and even the 4th Indiana Jones (he wasn't what was bad about that movie, far from it)

shit he was very good in Holes if we're being honest. Just b/c he's not Christian Bale in Empire of the Sun doesn't mean he wasn't a solid child/teen/young adult actor

Constantine, Lawless, i'd argue he was very good in Eagle Eye and even the 4th Indiana Jones (he wasn't what was bad about that movie, far from it)

shit he was very good in Holes if we're being honest. Just b/c he's not Christian Bale in Empire of the Sun doesn't mean he wasn't a solid child/teen/young adult actor

Holes was a great movie and he was great in Transformers.

I don't get the hate for Shia.

Back