Having kids...

is overrated and in general drastically lowers your quality of life. Anyone who argues against this is deluded. Between the sleep deprivation, additional cost of living including insane daycare prices, and dealing with tantrums several times a day, missing obligations because no sitter, etc; children in no way bring joy to one’s life.

Change. My. Mind.
I have two kids and you are absolutely right in everything you said. It's an expensive, often thankless, pain in the ass. And yet, it's the single greatest experience of my life and I wouldn't change it if I could. Go figure... :D

Having said that, I sure wouldn't want to do it again. ;)

I have two kids and you are absolutely right in everything you said. It's an expensive, often thankless, pain in the ass. And yet, it's the single greatest experience of my life and I wouldn't change it if I could. Go figure... :D

Having said that, I sure wouldn't want to do it again. ;)

My wife has already said she wants a second kid, even after all the bitching she’s done about how hard taking care of a newborn is lol.

<Fedor23><36>

My wife has already said she wants a second kid, even after all the bitching she’s done about how hard taking care of a newborn is lol.

<Fedor23><36>

Sounds familiar. My wife wanted a "playmate" for our son and didn't want him to be "an only child". Which led to my daughter who is the light of my life. Two kids is good, evenly matched with parents. If you have 3 they outnumber you. :D

Sounds familiar. My wife wanted a "playmate" for our son and didn't want him to be "an only child". Which led to my daughter who is the light of my life. Two is good, even match with parents. If you have 3 they outnumber you. :D

But you have more of them to fetch you beer and your tools.

is overrated and in general drastically lowers your quality of life. Anyone who argues against this is deluded. Between the sleep deprivation, additional cost of living including insane daycare prices, and dealing with tantrums several times a day, missing obligations because no sitter, etc; children in no way bring joy to one’s life.

Change. My. Mind.
Most everything you said is true, but somehow it's all worth it when you see the smile, get a hug, or see your child make mental and emotional progress... you're right though, being a parent is a very demanding, and often thankless, job... it's not for everybody, that's for sure!

every rich mofo has a sitter so what you say makes every rich mofo a sperm donor

Basically.

If you want your knowledge and your imprint on your child, ya gotta put in the time. There is no way around that.

Otherwise it will grow up and you will be Daddy by title only. But someone else will have raised and passed on knowledge and morals to your child.

The cost didn’t really effect us after our first. But after the twins were born, you know how it is. 200 diapers a week. More when they were sick.

My wife had severe mastitis too so we had to use formula. That was pricey.

Hah, yeah I got twins first role of the dice, one epic day we went through 26 nappies (diapers), I lucked out with the breastfeeding, both her and the kids took to it real well.

To this point. I was 38 when we had or first and I didn't want kids. My wife really wanted kids and I love my wife so I agreed.

I was positive it would be an annoying experience...too much of a time commitment. Too much money. Everything.

But when people say "I've never loved anything like I do my child" it sounds so cliche, so fairy tale. But it's true. My little guy won me over. And now as I've said, he is the greatest gift daily. I could not imagine my life now without him in it. And the joy he brings me.

People grow up selfish, and single and think a pet cat will fill that biological urge to reproduce.

It won't.

I feel bad because for them, their outlook is to grow old and die alone. Leaving nothing behind.

Yep. I grew up an only child and pretty self centered.... after my first child was born I had for the first time learned what it is to be responsible for another person, and further found somebody I would gladly give my life for.... biology for the win!

Hah, yeah I got twins first role of the dice, one epic day we went through 26 nappies (diapers), I lucked out with the breastfeeding, both her and the kids took to it real well.
We go to an annual summer bbq for people who have twins. There’s one couple we met this year who have one Singleton boy and two sets of twin boys. Yeah. No thanks.

But think of the lols

giphy.gif

You sound like a sociopath tbh, so I think no kids is a good call.

<puh-lease75>

Back