Having kids...

deadshot138

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
is overrated and in general drastically lowers your quality of life. Anyone who argues against this is deluded. Between the sleep deprivation, additional cost of living including insane daycare prices, and dealing with tantrums several times a day, missing obligations because no sitter, etc; children in no way bring joy to one’s life.

Change. My. Mind.

is overrated and in general drastically lowers your quality of life. Anyone who argues against this is deluded. Between the sleep deprivation, additional cost of living including insane daycare prices, and dealing with tantrums several times a day, missing obligations because no sitter, etc; children in no way bring joy to one’s life.

Change. My. Mind.

Probably for the best that you stick to your conviction on this one. Self-centred pricks make the worst parents.

Having kids is real life create a character.

It takes about 15 years before you can sit back and watch your creation compete against other noob parents' creations. But what else are you gonna do in that time?

Life gets boring when you become old and ugly, which happens much quicker than you think.

Probably for the best that you stick to your conviction on this one. Self-centred pricks make the worst parents.
This is true. Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

I personally love having kids. Take care of them well and they behave well. Plus it helps if they have a good disposition to begin with. It also helps if you wait til you’re ready. I waited for my early 30s before trying. In my 20s I couldnt have done it. The timing worked and I’m at an age a place in my life that it works now. I absolutely love my kid. And some of my highlights are taking my kid to places for the first time.

Why would anybody want to change the mind of a moron like you?

To be honest, you sound like a shit-head so I don't think any reasonable person would want to change your mind.

You would make a terrible parent.

Nothing comes close to being a parent. We can talk from biological, emotional, even spiritual aspect. It's like part of your soul is transferred to someone else (which is basically true). You should really consider getting pregnant, TS.

Having children is not for everybody. TS is a clear example.

Spend your money on coke and strippers instead of some little bastard

Just found out that the wife is pregnant with our 3rd now (we were trying). Our first, our daughter, changed my life completely. Since day one that little girl has had me wrapped around her finger. She will be 7 in a few weeks. My boy is 2.5 years old. He is an absolute asshole. Still, love that kid dearly.

Kids aren't for everyone. In today's society I see more and more people either staying single, or getting married and not having kids. That's cool. To me, if you don't want to have kids, great. Don't pollute this world with something you aren't going to be able to handle, control, or maintain.

To those who say how hard it is, and how expensive it is to have kids, that's not always the case. I think kids are super easy to raise and maintain. Wife works part time now, and when she does work, I don't work. Saves us a ton on sitters and always leaves someone home with the kids. I realize that is not achievable by all, but if you are willing to bend your life a little around your kids and not be so selfish, you can work things out. As for the price, again, I don't feel it's outrageous. If you plan ahead, budget correctly, and figure out your NEEDS, it's seriously not that bad.

Of course the wife and I had fun the 11 years we were together before kids, and of course we would still like to take those occasional trips (day trips usually) alone, but our life is much fuller because of our kids, and because we get to experience it with our family.

I have three kids. I don't really enjoy being a parent either.

She will be 7 in a few weeks. My boy is 2.5 years old...

I think kids are super easy to raise and maintain.

YnRn4.png

True, so stick to your guns, TS.

We already have too many shit parents who cannot remove their own wants and needs to raise a child. Nothing wrong with acknowledging that fact about yourself

Having kids is real life create a character.

It takes about 15 years before you can sit back and watch your creation compete against other noob parents' creations. But what else are you gonna do in that time?

Life gets boring when you become old and ugly, which happens much quicker than you think.

Bullshit I want my four year old in bloodsport type tournaments before he hits double figures.

Change. My. Mind.
Nobody can change your mind except your son or daughter.

I'm happy that TS has realised this now and not before he had a kid.
Let The worthless bloodline die off.

I haven't noticed it being more expensive, but then we're well off. The free time thing ain't so much of an issue, my wife and kids were away for two days and I was bored tbh.

The first few years are rough but also the most rewarding.

The idea that it wasn't worth it is honestly laughable, like I just laughed out loud when I thought about it just now, writing this. But then I wanted kids, and it's everything I hoped for.

Not entirely sure why I need to change your mind. Do whatchu wanna do.

Back