Having kids...

Nice. Old beater or shiny new one?

It's a 2016 BMW X1. She now has a nicer car than my wife. :rolleyes:
aRLkTuo0aP6Fyrzd0quLT0jDKFBad2

Damn. I see potential problems all throughout that sentence lol.

Nice dad.

To be fair, she's going off to college in a year and they don't let Freshmen have cars on campus, so my wife will end up getting it and she'll sell her Van. ;)

Last edited:
A lot of my friends had kids too young and it made life really difficult for them. This turned me off from having kids for the longest time. Even considered never having kids. But I also thought I’d never get married either. I’ll defer to my wife. I think she wants kids but hasn’t been too vocal about it.

I haven't noticed it being more expensive, but then we're well off. The free time thing ain't so much of an issue, my wife and kids were away for two days and I was bored tbh.

The first few years are rough but also the most rewarding.

The idea that it wasn't worth it is honestly laughable, like I just laughed out loud when I thought about it just now, writing this. But then I wanted kids, and it's everything I hoped for.

How in the world do you not notice kids are expensive? I don't care how well off someone is, it's pretty damn obvious lol.

I have three kids and my divorces turned them all away. Not on speaking terms with any of them. Always wanted to marry young and have a big family but life is a zero-sum game...

I have two kids and you are absolutely right in everything you said. It's an expensive, often thankless, pain in the ass. And yet, it's the single greatest experience of my life and I wouldn't change it if I could. Go figure... :D

Having said that, I sure wouldn't want to do it again. ;)

I can totally relate to this. I enjoyed my first kid as a little baby. The others, not so much. I def have had fun moments with them since, but I'd say there's been more grief and hassle. It's unfortunate - I hope I'll enjoy them more as they get older but who knows.

That said, I can't picture what my life would be like without them around. So yeah...

I don’t have kids and have always been the type to think I wouldn’t want them. I like most kids, and find even at 37 I have more in common interest and maturity wise with kids than a lot of people my age. I think a lot of people that say they don’t want kids are the very type of people that would benefit from having kids. I would make a great parent and if I found the right girl I think I would give it serious thought. I have a very small family and the thought of dying alone is kind of depressing. I’m also adopted so the thought of having actual BLoOd relation to someone I know would be special. They say you also don’t know true love till you have children. It’s a totally different level

I'm happy that TS has realised this now and not before he had a kid.
Let The worthless bloodline die off.
Without knowing the TS, how is his bloodline worthless? I know of a couple who don't want kids, they are both intelligence AF, that's a bloodline that's going to die, and its a loss when you consider the bogans or trailer trash that are going to pop out 4's & 5's
You have inferior DNA.
For all you know, he might be the only sherbro who really is 6'4 250 with 5% body fat and bangs 9's & 10's
As you get older crap stops being fun. You've seen that before, you've done that before, and you basically have to fake being excited about slightly different scenery or something you have already done a bunch. From a selfish perspective, having kids allows you to get a small glimpse of that exciting first time for everything again. You can see the real excitement that you will never have again.
You get an old school... QFT

In my younger days, I have worked over the Christmas period, 3 shifts and made the equivalent of a months salary, fast forward a few years, I had a bigger smile on my face when I heard the squeals of joy when a little guy woke to discover Santa had been to his house

Can a poll be added by a mod or something for people with kids to see who likes being q parent and who doesnt. Id like to see how that goes

i think you need to have the right partner to have a kid. hard to raise a kid if the mother is a bitch.

To be fair, she's going off to college in a year and they don't let Freshmen have cars on campus, so my wife will end up getting it and she'll sell her Van. ;)

Why didn't you just start by giving your daughter then van?... uh, nevermind, stupid question.

My parents bought me an extremely crappy 80's Hyundai. It was really satisfying to upgrade to a much better car myself with my own money just a couple years later. If they had bought me a better car, they would have robbed me of that feeling of self achievement.

i think you need to have the right partner to have a kid. hard to raise a kid if the mother is a bitch.

The most important choice BY FAR you'll ever make for your kid is who their mom is going to be.

It's difficult and can put a big strain on your marriage but from what I gather it's worth it and I'm about to find out in a month. That said it's not for everyone and if it's not for you, dont have them. Problem solved.

The most important choice BY FAR you'll ever make for your kid is who their mom is going to be.
i want to have kids, but the divorce court and family law scare the shit out of me. heard horror stories. women are great actors prior to marriage, then boom they pop out kids and use them as leverage against you.

im sure there are great women out there. its just a huge gamble.

Use a condom and pull out TS , it's in your hands now.

We go to an annual summer bbq for people who have twins. There’s one couple we met this year who have one Singleton boy and two sets of twin boys. Yeah. No thanks.

Yeah, that's some tough times right there. We know a couple who had a singleton boy then triplet boys. Sounded like a nightmare!

Back