Having kids...

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by deadshot138, Aug 13, 2019 at 4:36 AM.

1. Merlotte's

Merlotte's Silver Belt

If you are a first born son you have an obligation to pass on the family name. Luckily me and my fellow 2nd in liners can be disappointments for an eternity.

TardStrong likes this.
  2. Bathwater

Bathwater Let me clean you with my love

Is “singleton boy” some sort of slang that parents of multiples use or did you both miraculously get autocorrected?

3. IIIIIIII

IIIIIIII Titanium Belt

lots of people who never end up having kids, regret it for the rest of their lives. everything you said is true, but there doesn't seem to be anything quite like having someone who will always look up to you, and will unconditionally love you. and someone, who will hopefully, take care of you in your older years.

in a way, not having kids is almost selfish unto-itself. think about it. how did you arrive here? someone before you had to make the, "sacrifice" to have you and take care of you. it would make sense to pay it forward. assuming you are a responsible adult, and can see the benefits in being a parent, and raising quality humans.

4. Oliver Clothesoff

Oliver Clothesoff Brown Belt Platinum Member

Shit I had it worse than you. I had to buy my Brother's car which was previously my Mother's car. It was a white 68 Chevy Bel Air. Hey I was just happy to have anything with wheels and motor. I think I paid 500 bucks for it. :p

[​IMG]

5. JinKazama

JinKazama Red Belt

Best thing I’ve ever done and I’ve done plenty of things to be proud of already

Honestly feel bad for people who think like ts does

6. Revolver

Revolver you sound poor Staff Member Senior Moderator

Is this what you tell yourself when you can't find a woman who wants to have your baby? Must suck being ugly. lmao

HTTR21 and Hogey like this.
  7. sjon22

sjon22 Orange Belt

The most important thing is life is Love and you do not truly understand what love is until you have a kid.

Lack of sleep happens, but that happens lots of times without a kid. Do you care about the all nighter you did at school 10 years ago? It sucks for a few days but they eventually sleep threw the night.

Cost of living isn't that big if you can figure out childcare. My wife works mornings, I work evenings no daycare costs.

Asshole kids come from asshole parents. If you put the time in to nurture and raise your kid they don't get pissed off and actually listen to you and don't tantrum to get what they want (they use their words).

You don't care about missing obligations because a night/day with your kid is where you should want to be anyways.

TheJewBear likes this.
  8. I Am Legion

I Am Legion Red Belt

Having kids teaches you to live an unselfish life. A self serving life is too one dimensional. There is no feeling like holding your toddler as he falls asleep. The first time they tell you they love you. Watching my son catch a 30 yard Td over his shoulder and look into the crowd for me. My daughter telling her boyfriend she has to see Star Wars with me because it’s our thing.

Are there heartbreaks, trials, tribulations, lack of sleep, financial hardships? Yep. But all makes you better as a person.

HunterSdVa29 likes this.
  9. FyrFytr998

FyrFytr998 Too many pots on the stove.

Why would I waste my time trying to change someone’s mind about something they have no interest in? I’m outta here.....
    [​IMG]

10. Jesus X

Jesus X Gold Belt

I think some people should have kids and some shouldn't. personally I probably won't not intentionally at least. some people have an addiction to having kids I have a cousin with 5. I enjoy being a freebird and doing things spontaneously but that also has it's cons it is how I became a glutton and alcoholic for a bit .the hedonism of having freedom.

TardStrong likes this.
  11. mooseman17

mooseman17 Black Belt

I have no issue with TS’ opinion as long as he doesn’t have any children of his own. There are so many fuck up parents out there. I’d love for less people that have no business having children procreating.

TardStrong likes this.
  12. TheJewBear

TheJewBear Orange Belt

The hardest part of having a kid, for me, was the loveless marriage I was in with my son's mother.

Having a baby is hard enough. There is the late night feedings, the insane amounts of poop, pee, spit-up, crying, screaming, vomit, lack of free time, waking up early, on and on.

But when your wife won't touch you, has emotional meltdowns on a weekly basis, threatens to call the police and have you arrested for not wanting to talk to her as she cries into the night...It makes having a kid a lot harder.

I sometimes imagine what it's like to have a baby and raise a kid with a "normal" woman who loves me and whose company I enjoy. Shit, add in some family support like a grandma or aunt who likes to babysit, giving us some time to ourselves, and I don't think having a kid would be difficult at all.

closequarters likes this.
  13. Jack Reacheround

Jack Reacheround Never Go Black

I agree. And we’ve done this thread before. And in that thread, I was proven exactly correct when everyone who had kids ultimately had to admit their kids were accidents and not planned.

TeTe likes this.
  14. TardStrong

TardStrong Purple Belt

I'm 34, married 6 years been with her 15 years no kids. I know I would be a great dad like my dad was for me. I dont think I would ever have a kid as I would go the adoption route for sure. I am sure there are a ton of kids that need a good home. I think ultimately I'm not going to take on that responsibility, maybe just be a good uncle to my siblings kids though. I know what my parents did for us growing up so I applaud all those good parents out there.

15. Plutoburn

Plutoburn Alpha booze head

Like marriage, having kids is also not for everyone. It really depends on each individual family. Saying it's good or bad to have kids outright ignores how complicated it is.

16. Phlog

Phlog Dad Belt

Singleton is the technical term used in the multiple community for non multiples.

Bathwater likes this.
  17. Phlog

Phlog Dad Belt

Wut?

I tried for about 7 year for mine. I was part of said thread.

18. Phlog

Phlog Dad Belt

Yeah, there's definitely a right way and a wrong way to do it.

People don't appreciate how important a wider family is. I see parents doing it on their own and it looks tough.

It's certainly a strain on a marriage so all your ducks should be in a row

19. shanegotu11

shanegotu11 Brown Belt

I dont need to as we all think differently. I love kids. I dont think people partying after a certain age is cool but i dont make a thread about it.

20. Rexual Chocolate

Rexual Chocolate It's Rexual, baby Platinum Member

More incel propaganda.