• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

International Hamas launches surprise attack on Israel; Israel has declared a state of war.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know a bit about that history. Well, I remember bits of it. I've followed this whole thing since the 80s. We learned some basics about it in school too, of course. And Palestine did exist, of course, but it was obviously a place and not a people. The various groups of Arabs that started calling themselves palestinians around the end of the Ottoman empire had their quarrels with each other too, naturally. There weren't really a lot of people in the region at the time, but of course there was violence.

Go far enough back everyone's ancestors hands are stained with blood sadly.

Over 1M people told to evacuate to southern Gaza with no planning or coordination in place in the middle of a siege. And neither no housing, food, or water, energy. Neither can south of Gaza handle so many people.

Egypt will have to open the border or we will see a humanitarian crisis or I guess a Palestinian bloodbath..

JuSt OpEn ThE BorDeR

Man.

How many people are going to say this?

The Sinai desert is on the other side of the border lmao.

You know what's craziest about this whole propaganda battle with lots of fake news and claims from both sides? We're either within a few years of having AI generated images that we as plebs can't see are fake, or the higher ups that are into intelligence agencies are already there.

Soon we cannot believe a single picture that we see with our own eyes. Crazy.
Probably only 2-3 years away from it being impossible to tell

Ahh yes, "collateral damage" in a region where half the population are children. All those schools and hospitals that need to be bombed. All humanitarian aid blocked in violation of international law. Israel's own president saying there are no innocent people in Gaza. Amazing how you will shred your moral compass to excuse war crimes.
I don't excuse war crimes. My posting history here being sympathetic to Palestinians is open for anyone to search. Hamas is not the proper representative of a dual state solution. I realize neither is Netanyahu but terroristic retaliation is not the answer. There's no way to gain international support by being a religiously motivated terrorist organization carrying out inhumane attacks on civilians.

Go far enough back everyone's ancestors hands are stained with blood sadly.
Yeah. We're all the same there for sure. Mine were vikings and I'm actually sitting a four-five minute walk from the grave of a local viking king here. They buried him with his ship, it's a big mound. I don't think that ship was only used for peaceful missions.

We've already answered this, its horseshit

Maybe don't believe every article you read on the internet like a tool lmao

Dude, it is well accepted that Israel played an instrumental part in Hamas’ ascent, which is exactly the opposite of “horseshit.” Now, the implications of their support are up for interpretation, that I’ll admit freely…

And you conveniently ducked my question, which I will repeat: do you think the average Palestinian knew that Israel was supporting Hamas and promoting their control in Palestine?

You know what's craziest about this whole propaganda battle with lots of fake news and claims from both sides? We're either within a few years of having AI generated images that we as plebs can't see are fake, or the higher ups that are into intelligence agencies are already there.

Soon we cannot believe a single picture that we see with our own eyes. Crazy.

What if I told you it's already here?

The government has technology that is at least ten years ahead of how they dish it out to the public. There are videos of Biden out there, where he doesn't blink for like two straight minutes, that some experts blindly and confidently called fake, before they were informed that it was official.

The government has technology that is at least ten years ahead of how they dish it out to the public. There are videos of Biden out there, where he doesn't blink for like two straight minutes, that some experts blindly and confidently called fake, before they were informed that it was official.

How would AI not know about blinking?

How would AI not know about blinking?

The same way it fucks up hands and hand movements.

Not much of a concern, when the general public can't tell the difference. I wouldn't be surprised if we've been fed fake videos for ten to twenty years. It's not like looking at videos and going "Hey, wait a second here. That doesn't look real." is some recent phenomenon.

I would love to speak freely here and offer a worthy response, but I am waiting now for clarification on posting in this forum. I have a post up in support that has not been responded to, so kinda just waiting as I dig this place and am in no way trying to start crap.

If you permit me to speak freely, I would love to respond to you, offering you the full respect you deserve.

There is this thing the world refers to as a blockade. Every time anyone tries to bring these people anything, especially for humanitarian reasons, the idf attack.

See: Gaza flotilla tragedies for examples

Sorry for the late reply, had to take care of some things.

Feel free to respond any way you wish, just be mindful of the rules.

I mean, remember that one where it straight up looked like he was either on speed or was wearing a mask?

“That’s obviously a fake!”

Turns out, it wasn’t.

Not much of a concern, when the general public can't tell the difference. I wouldn't be surprised if we've been fed fake videos for ten to twenty years. It's not like looking at videos and going "Hey, wait a second here. That doesn't look real." is some recent phenomenon.
I mean the famous atomic blast videos aren’t real. So since 1945 we’ve been fed fake videos.

I mean, some people doubt absolutely everything they see and hear on their telebox (now phone/computer screen).

The more convincing they make themselves appear, the more people they convince, but CTard nutcases are almost always wrong about everything.

I'd really need to see specific examples of potential AI in play, but as you say, it's clearly a possibility, and much more so now.

The more convincing they make themselves appear, the more people they convince, but CTard nutcases are almost always wrong about everything.

I don't know about that. If there was a big list, they'd probably come out with a respectable accuracy rating, especially concerning the government.

@Strychnine PZ is always a great listen in these instances. This is going to be a long few months and hopefully not years.

Delta is definitely going in and hopefully we can get our people back.

As soon as we can get actionable intel for their locations, it's on.

Not for the dead. I don't like this argument because it's the same one we used in Iraq to make ourselves feel better about the hundreds of thousands of Iraqi civilians who were "collateral damage" in our war there. It's murder no matter what term is used in its place.
going into a settlement and deliberately shooting, stabbing, and executing unarmed civilians in hand to hand, is clearly wrong - black and white. Equivalent to murder.

aerial bombing is more shades of gray, it's not as clean as people make it out to be. Rather it depends on the circumstances, and we don't get the circumstances shared with us. For example, is it a group of 100 and 99 of them are terrorists and one is a civilian - bomb it imo. However, if it's one terrorist in a group of 100, don't bomb it. But when it's more 35:65, do you bomb it? To me it's more like manslaughter, still bad, but it's not murder.

Based on what I've seen over the years with journalists being allowed into Hamas tunnels and camps, Hamas has made secret tunnels that are deep underneath the city, with supplies, electricity, weapons, etc. Israel does the bombings to collapse the tunnel network and in essence, bury them alive. But in doing so, they miss and hit civilian buildings or hit the target but the blast radius is so wide that it destroys the building anyways. They also target buidlings that are seen sending out rockets - they have ariel footage that can pick out individual people on the buildings and can see what they are doing. People in media or in public discourse have incorrectly framed it as Israel cynically claiming that every building hit has Hamas in it and carpet bombing the city. That's not the dynamic.

I don't think it's an indiscriminate bombing campaign or that they are actually targeting hospitals for the purpose of disrupting medical care. But that doesn't mean I sign off on what they're doing, especially the denial of food, water and electricity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back