International Hamas launches surprise attack on Israel; Israel has declared a state of war. Vol. VII

So even if it’s 40k, that means Israel’s on pace to complete this “genocide” in about 30 years assuming zero children are born in that span.

Fwiw, I’m not pro Israel, but rather against people just throwing out extreme words like Genocide, Nazi and antisemitism. It’s a lopsided war between two entities that hate each other due to 70+ years of conflict.
Yeah this train went off the rails a while ago. I remember when posters itt started highlighting the part about forcing ethnic populations to move when referencing the humanitarian corridors for Palestinians to leave the city and calling that genocide. What a lot of people on the internet don’t seem to grasp is doing stupid shit like that tends to desensitize people to the term when it ends up being legitimate.

The kind of rhetoric is actually really harmful imo. It creates the conditions where people who might question some of the stuff Israel has done in this conflict don’t end up giving it more than a glance and look at it with a prejudiced eye. Undoubtedly Israel has done some bad things that they need to answer for. But the partisan environment we live in makes it difficult to navigate which of those things were truly bad, and which were the consequences of war.

Last edited:

Nice! I'm sure this new Mccarthyism is gonna work out great for the American people!

"Student Protest Leader at Columbia: ‘Zionists Don’t Deserve to Live"

definitely does not seem to fall within the category of protected speech, sorry to burst your bubble.

It’s pretty obvious but the pro Israel crowd here could witness every person in Gaza being killed and they would not speak out against Israel.
Some of them have openly said they want to see all of Palestinians killed. Our mods allow it not cause they are Islamophobic but cause they value freedom of expression smh

Yeah this train went off the rails a while ago. I remember when posters itt started highlighting the part about forcing ethnic populations to move when referencing the humanitarian corridors for Palestinians to leave the city and calling that genocide. What a lot of people on the internet don’t seem to grasp is doing stupid shit like that tends to desensitize people to the term when it ends up being legitimate.

The kind of rhetoric is actually really harmful imo. It creates the conditions where people who might question some of the stuff Israel has done in this conflict don’t end up giving it more than a glance and look at it with a prejudiced eye. Undoubtedly Israel has done some bad things that they need to answer for. But the partisan environment we live in makes it difficult to navigate which of those things were truly bad, and which were the consequences of war.
The term genocide is ludicrously overused. Neither this nor the Russian invasion of Ukraine are genocides.

In fact, even the suggestion of partial ethnic cleansing by moving Gazans into Sinai got shut down pretty fast.

I think way more emotional effort is spent vicariously participating in this conflict than even Russia/Ukraine for a couple reasons:

1. It gives right wing authoritarian and conservative personalities permission to remotely live out the total war fantasies we were all raised with (ie ww2 films), where it's all out, no holds barred, no apologies, purely us against them, jingoism, etc. Being strongly nationalistic against a racial or religious other has been considered out of bounds for many decades.... but it feels so good. American police actions around the world are always so fraught in real life and are no fun at all.

2. It gives left wing personalities (both fantasy revolutionaries and the motherly type) that 'moral clarity' crusading cause they were raised on, some way to "make a difference". The victims are non white, have few rights, subject to apartheid conditions, there is a religious oppression angle to it, you get to be fighting against the 'machine' of the US security state, etc. Just like 'Nam! They grew up hearing about South Africa and the Civil Rights movement....advocating for perverts in dresses just doesn't hit the same. This is pure crack by comparison. They are killing babies, man!

BTW has anyone looked in on South Africa lately?Anybody stopped to consider the price of winning?

I know some of you in here struggle with definitions, such as "Terrorism" for example, so let me provide the actual definition of "Genocide" as described in the Nürnberg Charter and genocide convention:

any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such: (a) Killing members of the group; (b) Causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group; (c) Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part; (d) Imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group; (e) Forcibly transferring children of the group to another group.

So this notion that it's not genocide unless the ENTIRE group is completely eliminated is totally false, so is ignoring that forcibly transferring people from their land is also an aspect of genocide.

You guys may actually want to look up terms before acting like smart asses.

If you want to argue that the term "genocide" is pretty loose and open to interpretation, sure you may have some arguments, but to act like it's being exploited in this conflict shows you've never actually read what the term entails.

I know some of you in here struggle with definitions, such as "Terrorism" for example, so let me provide the actual definition of "Genocide" as described in the Nürnberg Charter and genocide convention:

any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such: (a) Killing members of the group; (b) Causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group; (c) Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part; (d) Imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group; (e) Forcibly transferring children of the group to another group.

So this notion that it's not genocide unless the ENTIRE group is completely eliminated is totally false, so is ignoring that forcibly transferring people from their land is also an aspect of genocide.

You guys may actually want to look up terms before acting like smart asses.

If you want to argue that the term "genocide" is pretty loose and open to interpretation, sure you may have some arguments, but to act like it's being exploited in this conflict shows you've never actually read what the term entails.

Sounds like what Hamas did to the Israelis on 10/7.

Back