(Hail)Team Hydra Log

Question for you guys. Are any of you doing extra shoulder work specifically for the competition? I planned on just getting as strong as possible, thus putting weight on my press. I've never tried any assistance excises for the press specifically. I'm following 531 with BBB assistance. LB squat, bench, deadlift, SOHP.

I'm pursuing a bench goal currently, thus I'm benching twice a week and doing SOHP once a week.

I think I can get my bench where I want it by March, then I will try switching my routine around to over head pressing twice a week, and benching once a week.

You could try doing some more pressing on another day. 531 is a very forgiving program and you can probably handle a lot more volume than you realize. Or do BBB bench after pressing, and BBB SOHP after benching. I would pick a different assistance scheme that is more specific to moving heavy weight, joker sets and whatnot, but that is entirely up to you.

I'm pursuing a bench goal currently, thus I'm benching twice a week and doing SOHP once a week.

I think I can get my bench where I want it by March, then I will try switching my routine around to over head pressing twice a week, and benching once a week.

You could try doing some more pressing on another day. 531 is a very forgiving program and you can probably handle a lot more volume than you realize. Or do BBB bench after pressing, and BBB SOHP after benching. I would pick a different assistance scheme that is more specific to moving heavy weight, joker sets and whatnot, but that is entirely up to you.

Good idea. I'll have to experiment.

I took "stag night" as a bachelor party. Derived from the expression, "going stag". I imagine getting fucked up and talking about lifting heavy shit mostly. And bare breasts, of course.

Congrats to both of you! I just got married in September. With my limited experience, I can tell you that it is awesome. Are any of the Team Hydra members millionaire benefactors? We could make that Team Hydra stag night happen in a second!

If I make my first Million within the next six months, it's ON!:icon_chee

Slacker reporting in:
Haven't worked out since 2nd of this year, decided to run Smolov Jr. for OHP.
Plugged in 135lbs
95x6x6 today
Pretty tough, hope my conditioning kicks in later in the week.
I also have a bit of trouble of locking out without hitting the ceiling in my basement, although stance adjustments helped.
I will log my Smolov Jr. here

Slacker reporting in:
Haven't worked out since 2nd of this year, decided to run Smolov Jr. for OHP.
Plugged in 135lbs
95x6x6 today
Pretty tough, hope my conditioning kicks in later in the week.
I also have a bit of trouble of locking out without hitting the ceiling in my basement, although stance adjustments helped.
I will log my Smolov Jr. here

Thanks for reporting in, T_O.:cool:

The Red Skull Program

Day 4/Week 2

SOHP:

5X5X41kg

Squats:

5X5X90kg

Pulldowns:

4X5X59kg

Back Hyperextensions:

3X8

SOHP 95 5x5, thinking 100 might start giving me a little trouble

From yesterday

14/01/2015

Back Squat
5x20kg
5x45kg
3x60kg
2x70kg
1x80kg

1x87,5kg
2x87,5kg
8x70kg

SOHP
5x20kg
5x20kg

10x27kg
10x27kg
10x27kg
10x27kg
10x27kg

Clean Pull
5x40kg
5x40kg

5x50kg
5x50kg
5x50kg
5x50kg
5x52,5kg

Notes:

Good training session. Squats were ok. Did two reps on the second working set and eight reps with 70kg afterwards. I can't remember when it was the last time I did over five reps. Felt a little awkward. Did SOHP without trouble. Clean pulls were a little better but I still have trouble shrouging my shoulders. The two vids are the two last sets from my squats.

[YT]_yEDDKeZrrA[/YT] [YT]msyHNFiAzKg[/YT]

Got the news I was hoping for with my 5 month check in with the surgeon. The essentially 8 rep weight maximum is gone. Can do anything that doesn't affect range of motion, as they don't want that under heavy load. So essentially anything with proper form so normal lifting lol (and yes, I clarified with the pt this is what she meant.)

Plan is to start lifting again Monday. I'll start with my 3x8 weights for press and bench from before coming home from college. Then being more aggressive with the weight increases and lowering the reps when I need to until I'm back at 3x5 and then slowing the increments to 3-5lbs/week.

Got the news I was hoping for with my 5 month check in with the surgeon. The essentially 8 rep weight maximum is gone. Can do anything that doesn't affect range of motion, as they don't want that under heavy load. So essentially anything with proper form so normal lifting lol (and yes, I clarified with the pt this is what she meant.)

Plan is to start lifting again Monday. I'll start with my 3x8 weights for press and bench from before coming home from college. Then being more aggressive with the weight increases and lowering the reps when I need to until I'm back at 3x5 and then slowing the increments to 3-5lbs/week.

Great news, man. Glad things are looking up for you.:cool:

From yesterday

Dude your back is rounding on those squats. All the tension and arch you have at the beginning of the lift goes away as you descend. Your torsoe should remain rigid throughout the lift. Look at the screen cap of the first video, I think your pelvis should be rotated more anteriorly at the bottom.

Press work from today January 15th

Single arm dumbbell press - 50lbs - 2 X 8, 70lbs - 2 X 2

The Red Skull Program

Day 5/Week 2

Close Grip Bench Press:

5X5X68kg

SS Bar Squats to Bench:

5X5X80kg

Chest Supported Dumbbell Rows:

3X5X20kg

Very nice. Good luck on getting back to where you were.

From yesterday

I agree with ssdd. You're losing a lot of tension getting into the hole and you're back rounding. I'm by no means an expert but I got injured doing the same thing you are doing. We just want you stay healthy and keep getting strong man! Are these HB squats?

Man my squats suck, i can bench as much as i can squat

Back