(Hail)Team Hydra Log

Hey gang, Hail HyDra! I'm pretty sure my SOHP max is 175, but its been awhile so i'll retest today. I haven't been lifting a ton ever since the ole knee injury but I like to think I still got it. Especially now that I'm a few months in to training mode again.

I'll let y'all know how it goes.

Lets win this sucker!

Edit: I maxed out at the house today and got 185. (Cleaning it from the floor and avoiding my fan, using 35s not 45s for clearance, I'm 6'5, because my stupid gym somehow added my old debit card back onto my account and then wouldn't let me train today saying I was past due...Total Douche move on their part)

Last edited:
Hey gang, Hail HyDra! I'm pretty sure my SOHP max is 175, but its been awhile so i'll retest today. I haven't been lifting a ton ever since the ole knee injury but I like to think I still got it. Especially now that I'm a few months in to training mode again.

I'll let y'all know how it goes.

Lets win this sucker!

Edit: I maxed out at the house today and got 185. (Cleaning it from the floor and avoiding my fan, using 35s not 45s for clearance, I'm 6'5, because my stupid gym somehow added my old debit card back onto my account and then wouldn't let me train today saying I was past due...Total Douche move on their part)

185? Damn, that's a strong Press!:eek:

You only need to post videos of your PR's.

The Red Skull Program

Day 2/Week 1

Bench Press:

6X6X138lbs

SS Bar Bench Squats:

6X6X74kg

Pulldowns:

4X6X50kg

Last edited:
90lbs 5x5, went up easy peasy

Squat week 3:
Bar x 5
115 x 5
145 x 5
185 x 3
+belt
Working sets:
200 x 5
225 x 3
250 x 6 (AMRAP) rep pr
BBB: 150 x 10 x 5

Press week 3:
Bar x 5
65 x 5
95 x 5
Working sets:
110 x 5
115 x 3
125 x 7 (AMRAP)
BBB: 75 x 10 x 5

185? Damn, that's a strong Press!:eek:

I did this the week before surgery :( I miss it. But then again, I'm only 5'8" and take full advantage of my short arms. Can't imagine doing that at 6'5". Sick impressive ice wolf

About a week and a half til I'm moves for my first real job and will have a barbell in a gym back in my hands.

I did this the week before surgery :( I miss it. But then again, I'm only 5'8" and take full advantage of my short arms. Can't imagine doing that at 6'5". Sick impressive ice wolf

About a week and a half til I'm moves for my first real job and will have a barbell in a gym back in my hands.

Yeah, I'm about three inches shorter than Wolf, and I struggle with any type of Pressing movement.

Thanks for the props gents, Shoulder Stuff and DL's are kinda my jams. Bench is a little rough sometimes... Looking forward to putting in some serious work these next few months, and hoping to get all my numbers up there pretty high.

Getting married in May too, so I can throw that little bit extra motivation in there too. Gotta look good on that beach in St. Lucia heh ;)

Path to Redemption: SS Newest Version

Squats 225 3x5 (Rehabbing the knee back to full power, feels great so far, Oh how I missed you, sweet Squat...)

Bench: 195 3x5

DL: 325 1x5

Planning on adding weight every 3 workouts.

Thanks for the props gents, Shoulder Stuff and DL's are kinda my jams. Bench is a little rough sometimes... Looking forward to putting in some serious work these next few months, and hoping to get all my numbers up there pretty high.

Getting married in May too, so I can throw that little bit extra motivation in there too. Gotta look good on that beach in St. Lucia heh ;)

Path to Redemption: SS Newest Version

Squats 225 3x5 (Rehabbing the knee back to full power, feels great so far, Oh how I missed you, sweet Squat...)

Bench: 195 3x5

DL: 325 1x5

Planning on adding weight every 3 workouts.

Congratulations man.:icon_chee

Thanks man! I'm pretty stoked! She's the woman equivalent of an F-22 Raptor, and cool to boot...so i'm feeling pretty lucky.

If you weren't on my Team, I'd hate you.:icon_chee

1/11
Deadlift:
270x4x2
280x3x2
285x3x2

SOHP:
125x5x2
115x5x2
110x5x2

Front Squat:
165x3 (cleaned)
165x5x3 (off rack)

Superset:
A) Tricep rope push downs: 5x10
B) Face pulls: 5x10

Congrats IceWolf, I'm getting married in march, gotta be shredded on the beach in Antigua

The Red Skull Program

Day 3/Week I

SOHP:

6X6X39kg

Deadlifts:

6X6X119kg

Chest Supported Dumbbell Rows:

4X6X18

Barbell Sit-Ups:

4X6XBar

Hyperextensions:

4X6

Expecting Great DOMS of Peace in my lower back tomorrow.:eek:

Last edited:
Thanks man! I'm pretty stoked! She's the woman equivalent of an F-22 Raptor, and cool to boot...so i'm feeling pretty lucky.

Congrats IceWolf, I'm getting married in march, gotta be shredded on the beach in Antigua

Congrats to both of you! I just got married in September. With my limited experience, I can tell you that it is awesome. Are any of the Team Hydra members millionaire benefactors? We could make that Team Hydra stag night happen in a second!

Question for you guys. Are any of you doing extra shoulder work specifically for the competition? I planned on just getting as strong as possible, thus putting weight on my press. I've never tried any assistance excises for the press specifically. I'm following 531 with BBB assistance. LB squat, bench, deadlift, SOHP.

Congrats to both of you! I just got married in September. With my limited experience, I can tell you that it is awesome. Are any of the Team Hydra members millionaire benefactors? We could make that Team Hydra stag night happen in a second!

LOL thanks. No luck here being a millionaire benefactor. My soon to be sister in law married a guy with a trust fund, but I don't think he'd be intetested in throwing me a stag night. Btw, I've never heard the term "stag night", is that a bachelor party?

Back