(Hail)Team Hydra Log

I worked out Sunday morning but then didn't log anything or train for days while lamenting the Cowboys loss (Drinking and stuff) lol...

Sunday :

Squat: 225 3x5

OHP 135 3x5

Pull-Ups To Failure x 3

Yesterday, Back on track!

Magic 50 from II With a 30lb DB

50 Snatches
50 Swings
50 Burpees

I could handle more weight, but damn Infinite Intensity is tiring as hell. Getting my cardio back is a bitch but it's gonna be well worth it.

Got the news I was hoping for with my 5 month check in with the surgeon. The essentially 8 rep weight maximum is gone. Can do anything that doesn't affect range of motion, as they don't want that under heavy load. So essentially anything with proper form so normal lifting lol (and yes, I clarified with the pt this is what she meant.)

Plan is to start lifting again Monday. I'll start with my 3x8 weights for press and bench from before coming home from college. Then being more aggressive with the weight increases and lowering the reps when I need to until I'm back at 3x5 and then slowing the increments to 3-5lbs/week.

Congratulations man! Health problems are the worst. Getting back to training is the best! You'll be back to general badassery in no time. Enjoy the grind sir.

Had some great coaching on catching my jerk yesterday and managed a 5kg PR with 85kg. Didn't manage to film it because I didn't think to take my phone, didn't imagine I'd be going for PBs.

Hopefully I'll get a vid next week.

Happy OHing everyone!

Good training, Tekkno.:cool:

Thank you sir:)

Dude your back is rounding on those squats. All the tension and arch you have at the beginning of the lift goes away as you descend. Your torsoe should remain rigid throughout the lift. Look at the screen cap of the first video, I think your pelvis should be rotated more anteriorly at the bottom.

Thanks for the feedback. I will start to squat as deep as I can keep a straight back at least.

I agree with ssdd. You're losing a lot of tension getting into the hole and you're back rounding. I'm by no means an expert but I got injured doing the same thing you are doing. We just want you stay healthy and keep getting strong man! Are these HB squats?

Again, thanks for the comments. As I said before I will tweaking my depht in order to not round my back. Yes I do HB squats. It is a habit I picked up when training in the weightlifting club

Path to Redemption:

Squat: 225 3x5

Bench: 195 3x5

Pullups: 3x 12 (Jacked my foot up at Jits so I Decided to rest it instead of Power Cleans today)

Lately i've been eating at a fairly substantial calorie deficit (and kinda crappy) and I feel like my energy levels are way down. I'm going to start up Precision Nutrition style eating again and get back up to 3000 plus calories of the right stuff. Headed to the grocery store now.

Can't slack off in any area, gotta get my diet straight.

From Friday

16/01/2015

Back Squat
5x20kg
5x45kg
3x60kg
2x70kg
1x80kg

2x87,5kg
3x87,5kg

SOHP
5x20kg
5x20kg
3x30kg
2x35kg
1x40kg

5x44,5kg
5x44,5kg
5x44,5kg
5x44,5kg
5x44,5kg

Deadlift
5x40kg
5x70kg
3x90kg
2x105kg
1x115kg

5x130,5kg (HG)
5x130,5kg (MG)

Notes:
The changes I made for this training session in regards to my squats are the following: I recorded all my sets and reps. I didn't squat as deep as usually. Lastly my focus was to stay as tight as possible and to descent as slow as possible. The results are promising(at least I think so :))SOHP were ok. Deadlifts were fine too. My right bicep is still bothering me when I use mixed grip for my second working set. I included the two working sets from the squats and the last set from the deadlifts.

[YT]FoDvpa6QU1U[/YT]

The Red Skull Program

Day 6/Week 2

SOHP:

5X5X41kg

Deadlifts:

5X5X128kg

Pulldowns:

4X5X64kg

Barbell Sit-Ups:

4X5XBar

1/18
SOHP:
105x6
115x6
120x6x2
115x6
105x6

Deadlift:
255x6
265x5x2
270x4x2

Front Squat:
155x4x4
155x8

Ab wheel:
3x10 from knees
1x5 partials from feet

Superset:
A) EZ bar LTEs: 50 3x10
B) DB curls: 25s 3x10
From today. I didnt really want to go today but I got real pumped when I got there.

Last edited:
Tuesday, 1/20/15
Morning weight- 176.4 (Nice to see a lot of bloat coming off as I get done with the sweets)

Strict overhead Press 65x8 and 85x8 for warmups, 3x5 @ 115lbs for work. Warmups felt easy, so I jumped to the 35s on each side and was pleasantly surprised that it felt good.

Pull-ups burnout- 10,6,4 This sucked. Aw well

Bench assistance- 8 reps @ 135, 3x5 @205

Pendlay barbell row- 5 reps @ 115. 3x5 @145

Did some shoulder stabilty work from rehab as well

A 6 rep max of 115 is a 135 one rep max on the calculator KT. I think I could also do an actual max next week if needed. But in fairness sake, can I get my max changed to 135? I didn't get stronger from those 2 hungover dumbell sessions in the hotel, and probably shouldn't have posted them as they were poor indicators at all. I could have gotten 7 or 8 no problem on my first set of 115, so 135 would be the low end of what I could actually do.

A 6 rep max of 115 is a 135 one rep max on the calculator KT. I think I could also do an actual max next week if needed. But in fairness sake, can I get my max changed to 135? I didn't get stronger from those 2 hungover dumbell sessions in the hotel, and probably shouldn't have posted them as they were poor indicators at all. I could have gotten 7 or 8 no problem on my first set of 115, so 135 would be the low end of what I could actually do.

If you wish, I will change your Starting Max to 135lbs. I don't want us to be accused of sand-bagging.

The Red Skull Program

Day 7/Week 3

Military Press:

3X6X44kg

Squats:

3X6X96kg

Pulldowns:

4X4X68kg

Chest Supported Rows:

3X4X22kg

Love the Av! I hope the rest of the Team get Hydra-related Avatars as well.:icon_chee

When am I able to get an avatar? Is it yellow belt? Because I miss having one and i'd be keen to throw down a sweet winter soldier Av.

When am I able to get an avatar? Is it yellow belt? Because I miss having one and i'd be keen to throw down a sweet winter soldier Av.

Not sure. Have you tried to get an Avatar?

I think if you go Plat, you get an Av no matter what Belt you are.

Back