Green Bay Packers: 2020-2021 - I'm still confused

Discussion in 'Sports Bar' started by Gregolian, Nov 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deffid The eyes shout what the lips fear to say

I read that, too. Not sure how much say Jones has in all that, but I would completely understand if he's trying to get the max deal now even if it is with a shit team. Quite honestly, if he takes a discount now and performs less stellar in a few years, most people will quickly forget the discount and instead bash him etc...

As for the Packers, like you said it would be Jamaal, Dillon and a shifty RB in the mid rounds I'd guess, or try to get someone better than Jamaal in FA who's not as expensive as Jones. They are in a decent position, keep building that O-Line, improve the D-Line and see what Gute can do with the DBs, WRs/TEs and ILBs.

2. Gregolian .45 ACP Platinum Member

I'd love to see Jones stay but for me the primary concerns are Linsley... and then Tonyan.

It's obvious Rodgers trusts the guy, and he's the first fucking TE in a LONG TIME that has done shit for the team.

Rand M Arthur and Deffid like this.
  3. Execute Gold Belt Platinum Member

Unlike previous tight ends that motherfucker MOVES if a play breaks down. Always looked like Graham and DickRod would stop and wait for Rodgers to do something once a play broke down. I think that's what I like about the dude and probably a big reason as to why the dude catches so many touchdowns.

Gregolian likes this.
  4. Gregolian .45 ACP Platinum Member

He also can block. He does everything he’s asked to and can spot when the play breaks then just goes hustling for an empty hole in the zone.

5. Execute Gold Belt Platinum Member

It's obvious when I'm drunk or stoned when I say dude this much.

Gregolian, INeedARemedy and JackWhite like this.
  6. JackWhite Silver Belt

Gotta get Tonyan signed before next season, because I think he is really going to blow up the stat sheet.

7. chance mccoy Yellow Card Yellow Card

I love these every week

8. chance mccoy Yellow Card Yellow Card

Scary Ninja

9. Trotsky Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

@Gregolian Sterling Sharpe officially out of the Hall of Fame. His 20 year window expired.

https://www.si.com/nfl/packers/news/sharpe-picked-for-hall-of-very-good

Meanwhile, Calvin Johnson, Reggie Wayne, and Torry Holt are already finalists? Sharpe had more First Team All-Pro selections than any of them, more seasons leading the league in receptions than all of them combined, as many seasons leading the league in TD receptions as all combined.

IT MAKES NO FUCKING SENSE. Like...how did these goofs on the HOF committee missing this?

lifelessheap likes this.
  10. Gregolian .45 ACP Platinum Member

Because the HoF committee is a goddamn joke in most sports. I don't get Sharpe not getting in. I can understand Torry Holt ending up in because he was a member of the Greatest Show on Turf but I feel like Megatron is recency bias.

Look at baseball, it took them till his last year of eligibility to induct Edgar Martinez cause of a bias against Designated Hitters. Let's ignore the fact that Mariano Rivera, a unanimous selection in his first year... Edgar was the ONLY hitter to really have success against him. Let's ignore how the damn DH award is NAMED AFTER EDGAR...... the only reason they inducted him was cause if they didn't.... then everyone would tear them a new one for inducting Big Papi later.

11. Trotsky Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

I don't know shit about fuck when it comes to baseball, but I generally think the MLB tends to be better about appreciating its history than the NFL....which is why the owners aren't tinkering with the game and changing five rules every fucking season.

I don't think any of Megatron, Wayne, or Holt deserve consideration yet. When Steve Smith becomes eligible next year, I think he should be like a third-year inductee. Before any of those guys. Julius Peppers should be first ballot in 2 or 3 years.

12. Gregolian .45 ACP Platinum Member

Woodson is the one guy on the list this year that should be first ballot. He was one of if not the best DB for a long time at the pro level. His versatility as well as longevity at a position where guys fall off young also adds to it.

I have a pretty deeply held bias against Peyton Manning for several things and while I can admit he's a HoF caliber guy I don't want him to go first ballot. That 10head motherfucker is the reason Gase keeps getting jobs and his playoff record makes me laugh.

GoGOPlata915 likes this.
  13. INeedARemedy GOAT

If Megatron doesn't go first ballot then something is terribly wrong

lifelessheap likes this.
  14. lifelessheap Gold Belt

Why does JimEE only work in the red zone? His Seattle stats are fucking bizarre. He essentially only caught TDs. He had shit yardage, didn't catch for first downs, and did nothing until threatening to score. Weird player

15. Gregolian .45 ACP Platinum Member

He did have that PCL injury in Seattle and then his mobility tanked.

16. lifelessheap Gold Belt

Oh. I feel old. I remember watching him. Absolute stud. 20 years! WtF?!

17. lifelessheap Gold Belt

Imagine going from Breesus, then to Russ and then to Godgers. Embarrassment of riches.

Deffid likes this.
  18. Gregolian .45 ACP Platinum Member

And now Titties.

Deffid likes this.
  19. Deffid The eyes shout what the lips fear to say

Not surprising. I think he definitely deserves a shot.

Apparently the 49ers can't block Mike LaFleur from leaving like they did in 2019 anymore, so that would be the obvious candidate.

20. INeedARemedy GOAT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.