Green Bay Packers: 2020-2021 - I'm still confused

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jones having Rosenhaus as an agent is when my brain did the "welp.... let's go Williams and Dillon!"
I read that, too. Not sure how much say Jones has in all that, but I would completely understand if he's trying to get the max deal now even if it is with a shit team. Quite honestly, if he takes a discount now and performs less stellar in a few years, most people will quickly forget the discount and instead bash him etc...

As for the Packers, like you said it would be Jamaal, Dillon and a shifty RB in the mid rounds I'd guess, or try to get someone better than Jamaal in FA who's not as expensive as Jones. They are in a decent position, keep building that O-Line, improve the D-Line and see what Gute can do with the DBs, WRs/TEs and ILBs.

I read that, too. Not sure how much say Jones has in all that, but I would completely understand if he's trying to get the max deal now even if it is with a shit team. Quite honestly, if he takes a discount now and performs less stellar in a few years, most people will quickly forget the discount and instead bash him etc...

As for the Packers, like you said it would be Jamaal, Dillon and a shifty RB in the mid rounds I'd guess, or try to get someone better than Jamaal in FA who's not as expensive as Jones. They are in a decent position, keep building that O-Line, improve the D-Line and see what Gute can do with the DBs, WRs/TEs and ILBs.
I'd love to see Jones stay but for me the primary concerns are Linsley... and then Tonyan.

It's obvious Rodgers trusts the guy, and he's the first fucking TE in a LONG TIME that has done shit for the team.

I'd love to see Jones stay but for me the primary concerns are Linsley... and then Tonyan.

It's obvious Rodgers trusts the guy, and he's the first fucking TE in a LONG TIME that has done shit for the team.

Unlike previous tight ends that motherfucker MOVES if a play breaks down. Always looked like Graham and DickRod would stop and wait for Rodgers to do something once a play broke down. I think that's what I like about the dude and probably a big reason as to why the dude catches so many touchdowns.

Unlike previous tight ends that motherfucker MOVES if a play breaks down. Always looked like Graham and DickRod would stop and wait for Rodgers to do something once a play broke down. I think that's what I like about the dude and probably a big reason as to why the dude catches so many touchdowns.
He also can block. He does everything he’s asked to and can spot when the play breaks then just goes hustling for an empty hole in the zone.

It's obvious when I'm drunk or stoned when I say dude this much.

Gotta get Tonyan signed before next season, because I think he is really going to blow up the stat sheet.

@Gregolian Sterling Sharpe officially out of the Hall of Fame. His 20 year window expired.

https://www.si.com/nfl/packers/news/sharpe-picked-for-hall-of-very-good

Meanwhile, Calvin Johnson, Reggie Wayne, and Torry Holt are already finalists? Sharpe had more First Team All-Pro selections than any of them, more seasons leading the league in receptions than all of them combined, as many seasons leading the league in TD receptions as all combined.

IT MAKES NO FUCKING SENSE. Like...how did these goofs on the HOF committee missing this?

@Gregolian Sterling Sharpe officially out of the Hall of Fame. His 20 year window expired.

Meanwhile, Calvin Johnson, Reggie Wayne, and Torry Holt are already finalists? Sharpe had more First Team All-Pro selections than any of them, more seasons leading the league in receptions than all of them combined, as many seasons leading the league in TD receptions as all combined.

IT MAKES NO FUCKING SENSE. Like...how did these goofs on the HOF committee missing this?
Because the HoF committee is a goddamn joke in most sports. I don't get Sharpe not getting in. I can understand Torry Holt ending up in because he was a member of the Greatest Show on Turf but I feel like Megatron is recency bias.

Look at baseball, it took them till his last year of eligibility to induct Edgar Martinez cause of a bias against Designated Hitters. Let's ignore the fact that Mariano Rivera, a unanimous selection in his first year... Edgar was the ONLY hitter to really have success against him. Let's ignore how the damn DH award is NAMED AFTER EDGAR...... the only reason they inducted him was cause if they didn't.... then everyone would tear them a new one for inducting Big Papi later.

Because the HoF committee is a goddamn joke in most sports. I don't get Sharpe not getting in. I can understand Torry Holt ending up in because he was a member of the Greatest Show on Turf but I feel like Megatron is recency bias.

Look at baseball, it took them till his last year of eligibility to induct Edgar Martinez cause of a bias against Designated Hitters. Let's ignore the fact that Mariano Rivera, a unanimous selection in his first year... Edgar was the ONLY hitter to really have success against him. Let's ignore how the damn DH award is NAMED AFTER EDGAR...... the only reason they inducted him was cause if they didn't.... then everyone would tear them a new one for inducting Big Papi later.

I don't know shit about fuck when it comes to baseball, but I generally think the MLB tends to be better about appreciating its history than the NFL....which is why the owners aren't tinkering with the game and changing five rules every fucking season.

I don't think any of Megatron, Wayne, or Holt deserve consideration yet. When Steve Smith becomes eligible next year, I think he should be like a third-year inductee. Before any of those guys. Julius Peppers should be first ballot in 2 or 3 years.

I don't know shit about fuck when it comes to baseball, but I generally think the MLB tends to be better about appreciating its history than the NFL....which is why the owners aren't tinkering with the game and changing five rules every fucking season.

I don't think any of Megatron, Wayne, or Holt deserve consideration yet. When Steve Smith becomes eligible next year, I think he should be like a third-year inductee. Before any of those guys. Julius Peppers should be first ballot in 2 or 3 years.
Woodson is the one guy on the list this year that should be first ballot. He was one of if not the best DB for a long time at the pro level. His versatility as well as longevity at a position where guys fall off young also adds to it.

I have a pretty deeply held bias against Peyton Manning for several things and while I can admit he's a HoF caliber guy I don't want him to go first ballot. That 10head motherfucker is the reason Gase keeps getting jobs and his playoff record makes me laugh.

He might have been well liked but the guy didn't produce and I wonder if the "I am now on a team that cares about winning" pissed off some of the GB locker room after he left.

How do you say that if you go from the Packers to any other team barring like the Patriots?

Why does JimEE only work in the red zone? His Seattle stats are fucking bizarre. He essentially only caught TDs. He had shit yardage, didn't catch for first downs, and did nothing until threatening to score. Weird player

Why does JimEE only work in the red zone? His Seattle stats are fucking bizarre. He essentially only caught TDs. He had shit yardage, didn't catch for first downs, and did nothing until threatening to score. Weird player
He did have that PCL injury in Seattle and then his mobility tanked.

Oh. I feel old. I remember watching him. Absolute stud. 20 years! WtF?!

Not surprising. I think he definitely deserves a shot.

Apparently the 49ers can't block Mike LaFleur from leaving like they did in 2019 anymore, so that would be the obvious candidate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back