Green Bay Packers: 2020-2021 - I'm still confused

Status
Not open for further replies.
safe_image.php

It's funny watching Skip Bayless talking about Mike McCarthy not challenging that catch yesterday. He went on a rant asking what McCarthy does on the sidelines because he doesn't call plays. Apparently he hasn't noticed the Waffle House menu.

Last edited:
It's funny watching Skip Bayless talking about Make McCarthy not challenging that catch yesterday. He went on a rant asking what McCarthy does on the sidelines because he doesn't call plays. Apparently he hasn't noticed the Waffle House menu.
Can't wait to hear him try to pitch Brady being MVP over Rodgers that should be worth a fucking laugh.

Gawd I am fucking terrified. Every Packers fan knows this feeling.

I can’t wait for the playoffs, and I think we can do it. But man, oh man, I’m so nervous!!!!

<Rodgers1><Rodgers1><Rodgers1><Rodgers1><Rodgers1><Rodgers1><Rodgers1><Rodgers1><Rodgers1><Rodgers1><Rodgers1><Rodgers1><Rodgers1><Rodgers1><Rodgers1><Rodgers1><Rodgers1><Rodgers1><Rodgers1><Rodgers1><Rodgers1><Rodgers1><Rodgers1><Rodgers1><Rodgers1><Rodgers1><Rodgers1><Rodgers1><Rodgers1><Rodgers1><Rodgers1><Rodgers1><Rodgers1><Rodgers1><Rodgers1>

Next year's schedule is a murderers row. Playing the two best divisions in the league, NFC West and AFC North. Plus the Saints. 10 playoff teams.

135582571_10158580482650073_5593521806066653552_o.jpg

They should sweep the Bears and Lions, then split the Vikings. So that is 5 wins there. Most years 10-6 is normally good for a WC spot, definately 11-5, so they need to win 5 or 6 out of division games.

I've got the Steelers, Browns, Bengals and 'Skins as gimmes. If they play the Rams late in the season at Lambeau, that should be a win too. Away to the Saints, Ravens and 9ers are write offs.

So, the 'Hawks at home and the Cards away seem to be the coin flip games that they need to win one of, assuming the get the Rams in the snow.

I woke up this morning and mulled over this season and yesterdays victory. The thing that I keep coming back to is Jaire selling out to keep Jimmy G out of the endzone; in a game that was already decided. That really set the tone for this teams mentality, especially on the defensive side of the ball, going into the playoffs.

I woke up this morning and mulled over this season and yesterdays victory. The thing that I keep coming back to is Jaire selling out to keep Jimmy G out of the endzone; in a game that was already decided. That really set the tone for this teams mentality, especially on the defensive side of the ball, going into the playoffs.
Graham and Jaire got into it a bit I think in the 3rd or early 4th quarter. Or Graham got into it with King with Jaire there as some Packers DB ripped the arm sleeve off Graham after a reception as Graham like shoved him away.

I wonder if there's some leftover angst from Graham talking a big game and then being useless for the Packers.

Graham and Jaire got into it a bit I think in the 3rd or early 4th quarter. Or Graham got into it with King with Jaire there as some Packers DB ripped the arm sleeve off Graham after a reception as Graham like shoved him away.

I wonder if there's some leftover angst from Graham talking a big game and then being useless for the Packers.
Graham was very well-liked in GB

He is a beast a the field

Graham was very well-liked in GB
He might have been well liked but the guy didn't produce and I wonder if the "I am now on a team that cares about winning" pissed off some of the GB locker room after he left.

How do you say that if you go from the Packers to any other team barring like the Patriots?

Moving this so I can get wonkier.

Best team we've had since the last Super Bowl win imo. Maybe tied with 2014.

I really hope we win, because this offseason is going to SUCK. Look at Over the Cap: https://overthecap.com/calculator/green-bay-packers/.

We're already 21M over without Aaron Jones, Linsley, Kevin King, Lane Taylor, Marcedes, Tonyan, Allen Lazard, Raven Greene, or Jamaal Williams.

Best case scenario looks like we lose one of the RB's, Lane Taylor, Kevin King, Corey Linsley (which sucks because he's awesome), Tonyan, and probably cut Preston Smith, Billy Turner, and Dean Lowry as well. Could also see Adrian Amos, Kirksey, and Josh Jackson getting cut as well.

Moving this so I can get wonkier.

Best team we've had since the last Super Bowl win imo. Maybe tied with 2014.

I really hope we win, because this offseason is going to SUCK. Look at Over the Cap: https://overthecap.com/calculator/green-bay-packers/.

We're already 21M over without Aaron Jones, Linsley, Kevin King, Lane Taylor, Marcedes, Tonyan, Allen Lazard, Raven Greene, or Jamaal Williams.

Best case scenario looks like we lose one of the RB's, Lane Taylor, Kevin King, Corey Linsley (which sucks because he's awesome), Tonyan, and probably cut Preston Smith, Billy Turner, and Dean Lowry as well. Could also see Adrian Amos, Kirksey, and Josh Jackson getting cut as well.
I think there is going to be a lot of contract re-works. Look at the Chiefs, they were up against the cap with like $21 and still resigned Clark, Mahomes, and Tyreek to massive deals.

If the GM and front office want to find a way, and can get a couple guys like Taylor, Linsley, maybe Tonyan and Lewis to take discounts they can make it work.

I think there is going to be a lot of contract re-works. Look at the Chiefs, they were up against the cap with like $21 and still resigned Clark, Mahomes, and Tyreek to massive deals.

If the GM and front office want to find a way, and can get a couple guys like Taylor, Linsley, maybe Tonyan and Lewis to take discounts they can make it work.

Honestly, Linsley would be my ideal top priority, then Aaron Jones, then Taylor, then King. King looks like a classic example of a guy who will get overpaid, and I'd rather make room for Jaire's impending contract which will probably set the position record.

Honestly, Linsley would be my ideal top priority, then Aaron Jones, then Taylor, then King. King looks like a classic example of a guy who will get overpaid, and I'd rather make room for Jaire's impending contract which will probably set the position record.
King can't seem to stay healthy which is a huge issue for me. When he's there it's obvious he is getting the hang of it and is a great guy to pair with Jaire. He just can't stay healthy.

Keeping tha tline together is a big deal too. The way they have used Jenkins and Turner this year makes me hope they can keep Turner and Linsley.

Yeah they'll finangle some stuff. Kinda makes it clear that Jones probably isn't getting resigned though. Can only spend so much money
Agree with this. Jaire's getting monster money and deserves every penny of it

I wouldn't worry about it too much yet, we don't even know the exact cap number and lots of teams are in worse shape than the Packers. We will see how everything looks soon enough, tons of restructures, cuts and extensions (that will bring higher cap hits to later years) will happen all around the league.

There are tons of well known RB free agents this year + the shrinking cap + already drafted Dillon so no pressure... if these circumstances aren't enough for a reasonable RB deal for Jones then it simply wasn't meant to be.

I wouldn't worry about it too much yet, we don't even know the exact cap number and lots of teams are in worse shape than the Packers. We will see how everything looks soon enough, tons of restructures, cuts and extensions (that will bring higher cap hits to later years) will happen all around the league.

There are tons of well known RB free agents this year + the shrinking cap + already drafted Dillon so no pressure... if these circumstances aren't enough for a reasonable RB deal for Jones then it simply wasn't meant to be.
Jones having Rosenhaus as an agent is when my brain did the "welp.... let's go Williams and Dillon!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back