Green Bay Packers: 2020-2021 - I'm still confused

Discussion in 'Sports Bar' started by Gregolian, Nov 3, 2020.

1. Gregolian .45 ACP Platinum Member

New thread.

Legit, Gute needs to be on the hot seat if he doesn't attempt a trade even.

2. Deffid Let's dance in style, let's dance for a while

3. Gregolian .45 ACP Platinum Member

Someone slap Pettine too.

GoGOPlata915 and Deffid like this.
  4. ralphc1 Steel Belt Platinum Member

Let's add the Gutekunst photo to this thread.
    [​IMG]

JackWhite and Gregolian like this.
  5. Deffid Let's dance in style, let's dance for a while

Gute needs all the picks to trade up for a boom or bust project

6. Gregolian .45 ACP Platinum Member

#FireGute

Straight up, fire him and Pettine both and bribe Wade Phillips to come to GB.

7. Deffid Let's dance in style, let's dance for a while

They were never, ever going to trade a second for a rental of Will Fuller. It was always about whether the Texans would lower their demand or not.

8. MassDistortion R E L A X

I fully expected them to do nothing. they made their intentions clear when threw away the first 2 picks last draft.

GoGOPlata915 likes this.
  9. ralphc1 Steel Belt Platinum Member

I've seen posters saying that Rashan Gary has been playing well. I hadn't noticed that he was even on the field so I looked up his stats. According to the link below, Gary played 44 snaps against Houston which was 65% of the defensive snaps. They also show him playing 28 snaps or 54% against Minnesota. They don't list any stats for him in either of those games and show a total of 4 solo tackles and 5 assists for the 2020 season. The NFL stats show him with 3 tackles and 5 assists in 2020. Is it a matter of his stats not being compiled for the last two games? Did he actually play or did they get that wrong? Maybe somebody who studies the TAPE knows. There are players with better stats than 3 tackles and 5 assists in one game.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/G/GaryRa00.htm

https://www.nfl.com/players/rashan-gary/stats/career

JackWhite likes this.
  10. JackWhite Silver Belt

Both sides should have settled on a 3rd rounder.

11. Rowntree This is disgusting

All I said in the last thread was that he played more good games than bad over the course of quarter of a season, an absolutely crazy take I know. His first couple games were really good, then he got injured. I like how you’re ignoring those 2 games but posting his most recent when he’s coming off an injury. I don’t even care about the Gary pick. I just don’t proclaim players as busts when they got drafted one year ago like some knee jerk morons do. It’s like people want our players to fail and say “I told you so” or if they do anything positive it was “lucky” for some weird reason

Using stats for especially defenders is pretty misleading anyway. Did you think Blake Martinez was an pro bowler because he was among the league leaders in tackles? Or Kyler Fackrell for having a 10 sack season? Is King better than Alexander because he has more interceptions despite playing less games over their careers? I’m pretty certain 32 nfl teams do not care how many tackles their lineman get

INeedARemedy likes this.
  12. Rowntree This is disgusting

Yeah it wasn’t happening and doing a 2nd for a injury prone rental is dumb. They still should have tried to get a run stopper though, to me that’s more important because Fuller or any other WR wouldn’t have mattered last game and won’t matter in the future if they’re not even on the field. One good lineman, Lowry is a rotation player who plays more than he should, Keke is green and Lancaster/Adams are garbage. The lack of initiative to improve the front 7 when its really clear how to beat this team puzzles me

Fugazy, Gregolian and Deffid like this.
  13. ralphc1 Steel Belt Platinum Member

I'm certain no team wants tackles made at the LOS. Much better to let them by so the linebackers and defensive backs can tackle them after they have the first down.
    <Dany07><YeahOKJen><Huh2>

14. Fugazy Aka Ferrari Houseshoes

Hey Boys,

Just saw a clip of the Ravens linebackers flying around on the NFL network and I legit got choked up.

Why can’t we have nice things on Defense?

That’s all.

15. Deffid Let's dance in style, let's dance for a while

I'm not sure if it was injury related, but all the "grading guys" who watch the All-22 said that Mont Adams showed some flashes and played decently in the past two games, then Pettine plays him a whopping 6-7 defensive snaps against the Vikings.

According to the Athletic the Packers never offered more than a 4th for Fuller, along with asking them to retain money.

I think they are doing a small rebuild for whenever they want Love to start and keep most picks due to that. If they don't restructure Rodgers it would be another sign for that.

16. JackWhite Silver Belt

Wait, I just realized something: Gute offered a 4th for Fuller, right? Maybe my wish comes true and we get OBJ next year for a 4th and Vikings fire Zimmer and he becomes the new DC for GB. Rodgers gets his second ring in his final year as a Packer.

Gute playing 3D chess out there.

17. JackWhite Silver Belt

But seriously, this team is fucked next year with all the impending FA's. This is really the last year to win with Rodgers. I might not even watch the draft next year. Gute and this FO has really lost me, fam.

Fugazy and ralphc1 like this.
  18. Fugazy Aka Ferrari Houseshoes

They are trash. Like trash-trash.

I mean that from an effort standpoint. They’ve picked some solid players here and there, and last years splurge on defense was a welcome sight, but overall when it comes to the draft the decision making is so baffling that is seems like they aren’t really trying to win, just trying to do enough to stay good.

JackWhite likes this.
  19. Gregolian .45 ACP Platinum Member

The years where they took Perry, Randall, Rollins and other such "huh?" picks is what set this team back.

Also, off topic of Packers and normally I'd throw this in the NFL thread but, JJ Watt today on Texans future:
    "I don't have 10 years left... I'm not looking to rebuild"

Who wants to bet he either gets released to let him hunt down a team this offseason or is a draft day trade in 2021?

20. Trotsky Banned Banned

IMO:

1. Jordy Nelson
    2. Davante Adams
    3. Greg Jennings
    4. Donald Driver
    5. James Jones
    6. Randall Cobb

Unfortunate that Javon Walker could have been better than all of them if it weren't for his injury. His yards per target in his breakout season were better than any of the guy's listed ever produced.

[​IMG]

INeedARemedy likes this.