GlassJaw's OLD SCHOOL MADNESS (boxing)

congrats on the whole expierence GJ!

Sounds like you've got the right plan. Looking forward to reading this log in the future.

lol...c-walkin!?!?!

C-walk shufflin! Video will be up on youtube as soon as my friend posts it :icon_twis

LOL! you had fun man! Thats the name of it. Like you said...3,000 on their feet. Pick your head up! Just think of whats going to happen after you learn from your mistakes...you'll be that much better!

I've never had 3,000 on their feet and can only dream about a moment like that.

I also dream of having that brunette ring girl on your right, next to me as well

see at least you made your dreams a reality. :)

Looking forward to the video.

I still don't know what jacks are.

Today was back at it, and feeling good. My fight taught me I need work.....SERIOUS WORK... on everything. My core's got to shape up, so it continues.

Warm-ups
10 mins stretch,
10 minutes rope
1 round ring jacks
1 round shadow boxing

Conditioning
20 push ups
30 medi ball twists ups
20 sledge swings each arm
2 rounds speed bag
2 rounds heavy bag - 1 combinations, 1 flurries
4 rounds focus mitts
10 mins rope skip to cool down.

LOL! you had fun man! Thats the name of it. Like you said...3,000 on their feet. Pick your head up! Just think of whats going to happen after you learn from your mistakes...you'll be that much better!

I've never had 3,000 on their feet and can only dream about a moment like that.

I also dream of having that brunette ring girl on your right, next to me as well

see at least you made your dreams a reality. :)

Absolutely, I've just going to use it as motivation. Got to get everything second nature as best i can, and try to BURY the horrible form i showed on Friday with it. :icon_chee

Looking forward to the video.

I still don't know what jacks are.

I'm sure it's entertaining in a "Watch GJ take alot of punishment" kinda way :icon_twis

Jacks = Position jacks. Instead of the conventional jumping jack, you stay on the balls of your feet and practicing jumping into stance then back.

My rubbing off on intensity has now turned half the guys i work out with into obsessive pain hungry madmen..... Gotta love it. We got into a "who can do the most medi ball inclined twist-ups competition today.... GUESS WHO WON?!? MWAHAHAA. I keep this up, and my 6 pack is around the corner.

Warm ups-
10 minutes stretch
10 minutes rope
2 rounds ring jacks
1 round shadow boxing

Conditioning
30 push-ups
3 rounds GREAT speed bag (I've got my rhythm back, gotta show these suckas what's up)
20 Sledge Swings both hands . (watched Henry do 50 each today, the guy is a fucking tank)
10 minutes intense rope
2 rounds heavybag flurries
2 sets Drawing the Gun , moved up to 45's from 35's on the DB.
3 sets Deadlift BW, I think i'm done with this BW DL thing, time to push it. I'll be working on 200lbs starting tomorrow.
65 Large Medi-ball INCLINE twist ups to win today's "I'm the shit" competition. Lil' bitches gave up on 40, so i had to drown um.
30 push ups on the perfect push up handles. (anyone got any info on these ? I picked up a set for 5$ at the ross dress for less discount store and they at least FEEL good)
3 more rounds good speed bag ,( I wanted to show off in front of the new guy LOL. )
I was nice and satisfied today, so a gym mate noticed and mockingly said "what no run today?" which pissed me off, so i tossed on my hoodie and said "Follow me kiddies" and sprinted off toward the track once everyone had finished up. Finished the first mile ahead of all those fuckers, but they trumped by by doing 2 miles on top of it.
hit the rope 5 minutes to cool down and mixed my shake.

I have to honestly say these guy are starting to push me harder than ever. Bammer just got back from 2 tours in Iraq and is raising the cardio bar at almost every corner. (not to mention his physique looks straight out of 300) I've got all these fuckers on fire about boxing, they seemed even more fired up after my fight last Friday. I plan on taking the whole team to the next competition in 6 months and just seeing how we do. ( I can't wait for my next fight ) i'm just in "Sponge" mode and am trying to absorb any and all boxing knowledge i can. My dad is coming over to work us tomorrow, and I can't wait to see what he says regarding our training. (the guy still trains daily at 50 years old)

Better late then never i suppose, as he wanted nothing to do with my last fight and now all the sudden is "here for whatever help he can give" *sigh*

I'm going to start recording our sparring sessions and posting them here for all to see. There's people 's input i want regarding moving forward with some of us, and as always, any comments will be appreciated.

Good work ethic, but one thing that's bugging me a bit is do you have an actual trainer? A lot of the guys like Jesse, Mike, Richie...well maybe not Richie, but they'd have heart-attacks if you were all over the Gym like that.

Your energy is awesome, but seems to be lacking overall focus, like your style, accentuating the things you do well and compensating for the things you don't. And structure for your workouts based on that.

I'm just curious, maybe there's more consistency than I'm realizing.

No, i'd agree with ya Liu. My structure is all over the place and is something I'm very unsatisfied with.

I was being trained by George Anderson down at the local PAL leading up to last Friday. Unfortunately he doesn't have the time to train anyone full time, and since my fight I've been looking elsewhere for a consistent trainer . As stands I'm lucky to get 2 days a week of 1 on 1 time, which sincerly isn't helping with my consistency in what I want to work on. I'm trying to coax Mike Dallas (who's probably the best trainer I've seen round these parts) my way and am hoping he agree's.

I understand dude, but you know what? You're not an antsy little 16 year-old. You know a lot of what you should be doing and you have a Boxing mind.

When Richie practically ignored Diego and I, we at least had some basic format to our workouts. Take some initiative and formulate one for yourself. Your tentative trainer will admire the idea. Mike built off of a lot of what we were already doing.

You're smart enough to pull it off.

I understand dude, but you know what? You're not an antsy little 16 year-old. You know a lot of what you should be doing and you have a Boxing mind.

When Richie practically ignored Diego and I, we at least had some basic format to our workouts. Take some initiative and formulate one for yourself. Your tentative trainer will admire the idea. Mike built off of a lot of what we were already doing.

Your right, I'm going to schedule out a weekly routine. I'll post it and see what you guys think :)

As for the log -

Spent the weekend camping up in the Sequoia national forest, Insane primitive area with equally insane hiking conditions . Johnsondale was beautiful and the workout chopping down a tree was something else. Took 2 fellow Gym-mates with me and we all took turns chopping at the damn thing for 3 hours. Drug the bastard back to our camping site and went to work turning it into usable sized portions.

So basically, Warm-ups/Conditioning/strength training = thousands of lunges , hundreds of axe swings LOL.

Wind down = drank a 6 pack LOL.

Sequioa is supposed to be some of the most beautiful country in the US, along with Kings and the Yosemite area. Went on a 40 mile hiking/camping trip through Mammoth and on up to Toulomne meadows last year. Incredible...

1000islandlake.jpg

Sequioa is supposed to be some of the most beautiful country in the US, along with Kings and the Yosemite area. Went on a 40 mile hiking/camping trip through Mammoth and on up to Toulomne meadows last year. Incredible...

1000islandlake.jpg

Holy shit man, that's a beautiful pic.

Went into the dentist and ended up having 3 root canals done in an attempt to save my lower left side teeth. Going to be laid out for a minute, but hope to get back in there by Thursday.

I had a Mother who worked in dentistry for 11 years, so I brush 3 times a day and floss at least once every other day or so. All she said when I said I was going to Box was "you better not lose any teeth"...

I had a Mother who worked in dentistry for 11 years, so I brush 3 times a day and floss at least once every other day or so. All she said when I said I was going to Box was "you better not lose any teeth"...

I try my best to keep up good oral hygiene, unfortunately bad teeth run in my family.

If all is well, I'll be back at it tomorrow and hopefully have the godamn video of my fight up on youtube. (my friend is slacking like a mother fucker) so you guys can get a little entertainment from my ridiculous technique and getting my face punched LOL. :icon_twis

Yesterdays more focused workouts began.

Warm-ups.
10 mins aggressive stretching
5 mins skip rope
2 rounds ring jacks
1 round shadow boxing

Conditioning
30 push-ups
40 crunches
10 pull ups
50 sledge swings right
50 sledge swings left
2 rounds speed bag
4 rounds focus mitts, triple jab, and triple jab into combinations
2 rounds shadow boxing on bob/weave bungee
1 mile run, sprinted the last 1/4th.
10 minutes rope skip to cool down.

todays workout was probably my best in awhile... Thanks goes out to Liu for the added focus. I'm learning on the job with everything, and i appreciate and take heed to the advice of anyone with more experience in training.

Watched I.I. and work capacity 101 with the guys before we hit it today. I'm going to try and keep a routine of watching examples of whatever the days focus point is.
I've added quite a few new concepts, so please let me know if there's any input on other ideas we might have.

Warm-ups.
10 minutes aggressive stretch
5 minutes rope skip
1 round ring jacks

Conditioning/strength training.( I'm now attempting to break everything into intervals, and I've killed myself today and feel great for it so far. :D )

5 minutes on my new heavy rope (which is fucking awesome)
20 large medi-ball sit-ups
25 large medi-ball twist ups
25 crunches
break
20 pull ups
20 pull ups
20 pull ups
break
20 bar thrusts right (where ross anchors one end of the olympic bar and thrusts upward with the weighted end in a upward punch motion)
20 bar thrusts left
20 BW deadlifts
10 BW incline benches
15 incline benches @ 125lbs
20 just the bar incline benches
rest
50 sledge swings right hand
50 sledge swings left hand
ended the day with a 1 mile run, sprinting the end.

Got a new greens formula called Green Vibrance from Vitamin shoppe, JESUS FUCKIN CHRIST it's nasty LOL. Nothing seems to lessen the "greens"flavor ahhaha.

Ahhh, structure. Now it all makes sense.

Back