GlassJaw's OLD SCHOOL MADNESS (boxing)

Watching Cotto/Margarito HLs on the MGM Big Screen today from the strip got me so fired up. It also almost got me rear ended.... damn Cali drivers.

It's all coming back to me know :)

Warm ups-
10 minutes aggressive stretch
1 round Shadow boxing
2 rounds jacks (still felt a little dry)
10 minutes rope skip

Conditioning
50 incline rotations
50 incline twist ups
50 push ups
1 set grip pull ups ( i still suck at this)
1 set pull ups
3 rope climbs
3 sets pushup cycle
1 round heavy bag combinations
1 round jab, triples only
4 rounds on the focus mitts, hooks, hookercuts, uppercuts, slipping jabs
50 sledge swings right
50 sledge swings right
25 40 m suicides, strained something, and am feeling tight in the left thigh area.... gunna be working to loosen up and stretch/stretch/stretch

Hey GJ, if its actually a strain, I dont know if further stretching it is the best idea...

Shit man really, better to lay off it for a minute? It's not killing me or anything, it's just tense and feels like when you get a muscle cramp and work it out, just all the time.

Leg is feeling muuuuch better today and not nearly as tight or cramped. Gunna still lay off it as much as i can and work around it. Today i was feeling it totally, and got that euphoric *relaxed* feeling right now *thumbs up!*

10 minutes stretching
50 pushup cycles
1 set pull ups
1 set rope grip pull ups
1 set rope grip pull ups
3 set barbell thrust ups left
3 sets barbell thrust-ups right
3 sets BW shoulder shrug
2 sets DB bench press right
2 sets DB bench press left
50 plate rotations
2 good rounds on the speed bag to cool down

Wasn't having much luck with the heat outside, so i stuck to basic cardio exercises to keep sharp yesterday.

Warm-ups/conditioning
Aggressive stretching 15 minutes
50 push up cycles
50 crunches
50 situps into standing 1-2-3's.
30 inverted sit-ups
40 burpees.

Yesterday sucked starting off. I couldn't find my rythm on the speed bag, and the first right hand i threw on the Heavybag jacked my wrist the hell up. So as always, when working out gives you lemon, you gotta squeeze that shit into your Mojito!

Ran 4 miles in a full sweatsuit and about died of heatstroke in the process, but my lungs are feeling better than ever, and I'm somewhat satisfied with it.

Quick update. I've been laboring as my primary workout routine. Building a ring in my back yard. Pics will be coming shortly of the project and it's multiple stages.

damn man...that sounds like a tough project.

how hot is it getting down there these days?

btw...drove to san diego a month ago from SF...nothing like coalinga during a heatwave.

Been around 100 degrees all week. I've got the 5 guys i train with coming over to help out with the project everyday, so it's not too bad.

Foundations not a issue, and i'm buying almost everything else from ringside/everlast.

Building a ring? Damnnnn.....

I have 4 Budweiser ringposts in my apt, does that count?

Oh, and my poker log on BWBS > you. :icon_twis

Been around 100 degrees all week. I've got the 5 guys i train with coming over to help out with the project everyday, so it's not too bad.

Foundations not a issue, and i'm buying almost everything else from ringside/everlast.

looking forward to the pictures man. sounds like a good set up.

Ran 4 miles in a full sweatsuit and about died of heatstroke in the process, but my lungs are feeling better than ever, and I'm somewhat satisfied with it.

Pfff. Pussy. I've gone 8 or so rounds in a sauna suit and full sweats with a Messican volume puncher who doesn't have a "light" setting, a backwards gear, or a sense of pain.

Back