GlassJaw's OLD SCHOOL MADNESS (boxing)

You look hawt in blue as well. So uhhh...I dont know how to use my powaz...

Break it up with the lovefest ya twats.

Last day of training before Friday, and I feel pretty damn good just breezing through the final motions. Went back to all my comfort exercises for the last day. Ya know," end with how you started" kinda superstitious mumbo-jumbo.

Warm-ups.
5 mins aggressive stretching
10 minutes rope
2 rounds shadow boxing
1 round jacks
1 round shadow boxing

Conditioning Gym
2 rounds heavy bag all jab, doubled/tripled
2 rounds heavy bag punch count
4 rounds speedbag
30 medi-ball twist ups
5 minutes rope skip to cool down before jog.
1.25 M. jog back to the house.

Home conditioning-
20 crunches
30 burpees,
20 sledge swings right
20 sledge swings left
1 set DB snatch left
1 set DB snatch right
1 set BW dead lifts
2 sets BW bench press.
5 minutes jump rope to cool down.

Everything is in order, and I'm ready to fight.

Fight's this Friday night here in Bakersfield *tumble weed passes by as Glassjaw whistles the good the bad and the ugly* @ the Icardo center. :icon_chee

Drawing the Gun = hammer curls.

Give him hell dude!!!

Sorry Gentlemen, I've let myself down. He outweighed me by 20 lbs, and caught me with a monster right when i was off balance. I got up, went on auto-pilot for the remainder of the fight, and scrapped a majority draw at the end. Disappointed , as all the hard work flew out the window and i just brawled it out. I dropped him with a right hook in the 2nd, and was told it was the fight of the night. Pictures and hopefully video coming soon.

I know you got a Fighter's heart, but you got in there with minimal and at-times distracted training, fresh off a long layoff, and had a draw with a guy 20lbs heavier.

If that's not good enough considering the circumstances, then you're going to become a Panzer Tank when you perform to your own standards.

In other words, chill out, you did fine.

Thanks Liu, to say last night was a learning experience would be an understatement.

I'm most disappointed with letting him dictate the night, he was a counter punching my left jab and after i got knocked down, I just went into swarmer mode and got countered for it. There's so many things in my head about what might have been, but I've got to just work my fuckin ass off, go back to the drawing board, and work to become the fighter i know i can be.... Still, FUCK did i have ALOT of fun, the place was packed to the gills with about 3000 people, and I had um on their feet.

I joked about doing my best "Margarito" impression, as last night i seemed to master the face block parry ahahah. It's cool, I'll use this as motivation and come back twice as strong.

I did bust the C-walk shuffle during my intro mwahah!

CIMG2820.jpg

faceblock.jpg

fIRSTKNOCKDOWN.jpg

distance.jpg

slipping.jpg

I could make those smaller.

I didn't know you were tatted-up like a Prison Inmate. lol

Damn GJ, you all tatted up. Looking forward to the vid. Congrats on getting in there, especially after the long layoff.

I could make those smaller.

I didn't know you were tatted-up like a Prison Inmate. lol

Absolutely, I've got no photo editing software at home, and any help would be great Liu.

As for my tattoos, yeah I got my share, LOL, Some of them where done with a guitar string and ink from broken writing pens, just a small portion of the idiot choices i made in my youth. Since then i've made sure to go to clean, sterile and professional tattoo artists.

I'm on fire about the fight though, can't wait to get back into the gym and work on making technique my second nature. So much to work on considering I went street fighter as soon as i got busted in my chops. I'll be damned if i let myself go Ponce De Leon again.

congrats on the whole expierence GJ!

Sounds like you've got the right plan. Looking forward to reading this log in the future.

lol...c-walkin!?!?!

Back