GlassJaw's OLD SCHOOL MADNESS (boxing)

LOL David. I hope to see it JUST to talk shit to glassjaw. unfortunately, I think Tony's gonna whoop that ass again...

You don't even come in your own log to gloat?

boo-man-animated-gif-e7d!l@.png

No need, My guy got that shit done!!!!! MARGARITOOOO!

The whole house full of PR's , and they shut the fuck up, and gave Margarito his props.

I'll edit the double post into yesterdays log.

Tick, tick, tick... a week from Friday and I'm smashin' face. I went down to the PAL today and noticed my opponent doesn't seem to care about his fighting weight *rolls eyes*

Apologies for slacking on the log, normally I post during work, and have been insane busy this month. Been heading up to the Tehachapi mountain's over the weekend for distance runs. I'm not close to where i'd like to be in my uphill runs, and the altitude difference is something I've never dealt with before. Still, that's the point eh?

Trying desperately still to eat my way up to 175, but I doubt I'll make it to even 170.

Warm Ups April 14th
5 mins aggressive stretch
1 round ring jacks
2 rounds shadow boxing
5 mins intense rope work, sky high knees and side to side.

Conditioning
Changed it up and did 2 rounds speed bag, still working on consistency.
2 rounds body work Heavy bag
1 round jab heavy bag (feeling great)
1 round combinations heavybag
2 sets DB drawing the gun
1 set BW dead lift
1 set inclined BW bench press.
1 gradual weight cycle on rgular bench to kill my arms off.
rop skip 5 minutes for cool down.

Running-
40 meter suicides,full rotation.
rest
1 mile jog to finish

Yesterday was totally unfocused as i started my routine yesterday. I decided the best way to get out of the funk was to throw on a hoodie, skip rope a minute, then hit the roadwork.

did a 3.25 run, and tried to sprint the final 3/4ths. Was fairly satisfying considering the situation. .

Godamn, managing my training around my career is fucking up my gig. I was out in the Mojave desert for most of the day, and didn't get back till late. It's obsessing my mind and hate fucking up my regular routine. LOL, before someone else says it, i know, quit bitching. :D!

Today i got all Ross on shit due to my time constraints.
GOTTA KEEP THE FUCKIN INTENSITY UP.
5 mins aggressive stretch. ( i been using my perfect push-up thingies to stretch out , least i use um for something.)
1 round intense rope
1 round shadow boxing
1 round ring jacks+shuffle (I'm working on a lateral C-walk into the ali shuffle, I might just bust it during the fight mwahaha, look for it when i post the vid.)

Wanna-be-Ross'in it up.

5 DB snatches both hands into 5 pull ups into 30 burpees X2

rest.

20 grab air, 10 balance dips, into 10 crunches X2

rested, was feelin great, so i must not be hittin it hard enough MWAHAHAH. GIMME DEM WEIGHTS!

3 sets BW Deadlift (I'd like to thank all the S&P guys for preaching the Dead lift inclusion in my weight routine, I could throw 300 right hooks on resistance bands and not see the same results. Resistance bands don't help you push guys around the ring, know what im saying zab judah?)
2 sets BW incline bench
1 set BW regular bench
2 sets drawing the gun
20 inclined medi-ball twist ups (I absolutely love and feed off the faces and comments i get when i do these at the gym. passer-bys stop at my station and say shit like "jesus, fuuuuuck that craziness" :icon_twis )
20 more inclined crunches
put the bench back and attempted to hit a few more BP's, but the Twist-ups pretty much wore me out and i almost dumped it before i reached a single set.
5 mins rope skip to cool my noodle ass down.
Snorted a line of Max greens, smoked a bowl of Flaxseeds , and lit myself a smoke ahhhhhhhhhhh, a days work. Everyday i'm hustlin"'

Godamn, managing my training around my career is fucking up my gig. .

I hear ya brotha. I hate it when work gets in the way of more important shit...

Snorted a line of Max greens, smoked a bowl of Flaxseeds , and lit myself a smoke ahhhhhhhhhhh, a days work. Everyday i'm hustlin"'

*Nods head*

Me too mang, me too.

Fuck work. Fighting!

Weighed in at 167 lbs today, *sigh*

Warm ups
10 minutes agressive stretching
2 rounds shadow boxing
1 round jacks
5 mins intense rope

Conditioning
2 rounds heavy bag jab, worked double and triples.
1 round heavy bag body work, worked my left mainly
1 round Heavybag combinations
1 round sloppy fucking speedbag. I'm not hitting it enough, and my rhythm is slippin'.
10 minutes mitt work, had my hands down too much towards the end, and got slapped around for it.
The PAL is a cluster fuck today, and the fuckin cops got on my nerves. Lucky, i live down the damn street.

Post Gym conditioning
2 sets drawing the gun
2 sets inclined BW bench
5 DB snatches into 5 pull ups, into 20 burpees X2.
15 sledge swings, tried keeping it below my wasit, but was pretty fucking out of it after my last set of burpess.
Jogged my neighbor hood for a cool down.

While i'd love to be able to throwdown full bore , i think one of my better assets is recovery from exhaustion. It normally only takes about 40 seconds to get back.

Anyone got any theories/advice on "second winds"? I'll wear out after about 10 minutes of intensity, and I almost prefer my energy levels after I catch my breath back. A gym mate took notice of my weird energy levels and asked me if i planned on warming myself up to that level before the fight. To me, that just doesn't really sound very smart ya know?

Anyone got any theories/advice on "second winds"? I'll wear out after about 10 minutes of intensity, and I almost prefer my energy levels after I catch my breath back. A gym mate took notice of my weird energy levels and asked me if i planned on warming myself up to that level before the fight. To me, that just doesn't really sound very smart ya know?

Slow down, and loosen your shoulders. I'd bet a paycheck you waste energy being tense. And slow down. Trust me, it helps. I used to be a flurrying speedster and my energy levels would be here-and-there, now that Mike has me more methodical, it's helped a lot and I can put in the rounds easy. And you seen I sparred a LHW and a Messican pressure Fighter in the same day.

Weighed in at 167 lbs today, *sigh*

lol Fat ass.

3 more days, 3 long and introverted days.

You spend all this time embedding this knowledge, you obsess for months on end about how you can improve your game, and when the wind down finally comes, it's all you can do to keep it out of your head and stay natural. Funny how that works.

Warm ups
10 minute stretch
4 rounds shadow boxing
10minutes dynamic rope

Conditioning
30 crunches
30 push ups
3 rounds speed bag
2 rounds heavy bag , all jabs

Sparring 6 rounds working my game plan.
things i did well- circling to my left while pumping and doubling up my jab. Backing away at angles, and using head movement to slip and get inside to position my right.
Also firing off the back foot and timing my shots as they came in were working for me today.

Things i didn't - Circling to my right why pumping the jab.
keeping my guard level after taking a shot to the head. (my guard wanted to spring up too often, and I got hit a couple times to the body when i shouldn't have)
Staying lose as the fight progresses.

Trying to keep sharp and feeling healthy, I'm as ready as I've ever been.

Yesterday was totally unfocused as i started my routine yesterday. I decided the best way to get out of the funk was to throw on a hoodie, skip rope a minute, then hit the roadwork.

did a 3.25 run, and tried to sprint the final 3/4ths. Was fairly satisfying considering the situation. .

im taking this and keeping it...i hate days like this. A good long run is clutch here.

cool log, when's the fight?

also whats a drawing the gun?

Keep up the good work!

cool log, when's the fight?

also whats a drawing the gun?

Keep up the good work!

Fight's this Friday night here in Bakersfield *tumble weed passes by as Glassjaw whistles the good the bad and the ugly* @ the Icardo center. :icon_chee

Drawing the Gun = hammer curls.

Back