Gifted programs continue to be destroyed because they aren't diverse enough

Finland is also 90%+ Finnish, and the plateau of their bell curve is surprisingly wide. With that sort of population, you don't need much "tracking".
within the context of Finnish students finishing amongst the best educated "a surprisingly wide bell curve plateau" says what exactly in your opinion?

within the context of Finnish students finishing amongst the best educated "a surprisingly wide bell curve plateau" says what exactly in your opinion?

It says you have no "diversity" complications.

That the plateau, in combination with the class structure (and society as a whole) it necessary builds, is high enough to yield that result.
You don't have enough outliers on the left side to fuck it up for everybody, therefore you need less "special" programs.

In Montgomery County Maryland it was modern busing. It put a bunch if white and Asian kids in a black school.
But hurray the left at dismantling everything in the name of anti racism. Just assume POC are retarded and treat them as such. Because that's what really counts.....

It's simple communism being enacted in America under the radar.

The ideology that everyone should be poor and trapped in the situation they are born into rather than having an upper or middle-class exist in the name of fairness.

With the government and it's minions of course being the only people with any degree of wealth and luxury. I guarantee this Department of Racial Equity Advancement officer is making far more than any city employees who actually does a useful job.

Eh don't blame Communism. In China their high school students are better than most US college students in math and science.

For a communist country competing with capitalist countries, it is in their interest to have really smart kids.

For a oligarchic corporatist system like the US has in place, the system only really needs a few smart kids to design the machines, a couple semi smart kids to run them, and an army of peons serving them food and shoveling shit. Hence, in such a system they'd want to cut public school funding.

Ahh the irony of non-gifted righties crying about how little funding exists for education programs
If you're defending it, it must be beyond awfuo. As your opinions are usually left of Trotsky and lower than dumb.

Only read the first page, but Lol at comparing Finland, which is one of the least diverse, industrialized countries with like 97% of the population being Finnish or Swedeish.

If anything, saying they have very high educational merits shows how a homogeneous classroom helps.

That, and/or it shows a severe lack of critical thinking and perhaps indicates that their educational system and way they measure it is lacking. Perhaps they need gifted programs

Derp

Last edited:
And this is exactly what is wrong with inclusive culture. No one can be left out. Someone may get sad.

Sadly, kids that are labeled TAG (talented and gifted ) have a higher suicide rate than kids not deemed TAG because they feel like outliers and struggle finding peers.

What will Seattle do if they start seeing an uptick in suicides within their district?

In fairness you could say that about a whole lot of regions in America that are a lot bigger population-wise than Finland. What has 90% of America outside of its hotbeds for innovations accomplished?

Anyway, yeah, we've got some spectacularly dumb people here who've been sheltered by living in one of the safest and most homogeneous countries in the world.

It seems like no matter how many random SJW women get raped and decapitated by their "Muhammed", there will always be more. One death cult meeting another.

As I said, I wasn't shitting on Finland, which is a model country these days in the West in many ways. It's this dude showing up and saying that Finland's classrooms are full of gifted students, as if this somehow makes an argument that there is no need for a a gifted program in other countries. Or maybe he just wanted to brag. I'm not sure what the point was.

Last edited:
* Free universal daycare, preschool, and kindergarten, not just babysitting but active play and guidance for social and cognitive development

* Reading for fun is heavily promoted. Every family is given 3 books when their baby is born and Finland publishes more children's books per capital than any other country.

* Academics don't start until 7 and there's only 9 years compulsory so you're done at 16. After that you can do 3 years non-compulsory vocational training or college prep, your choice.

* To qualify as a teacher you have to graduate top third of your university program. Teachers are highly respected and given a ton of training but also a ton of autonomy (they even choose their own textbooks). Collaborative work with other teachers is highly encouraged and the school admin has s lot of freedom as well.

* There's no tracking - all kids are mainstreamed together and get the same basic education. Gifted students are expected to help struggling students so everyone can succeed. They strive hard to ensure that every school is high-quality and gets comparable support.

* A lot of time is spent on non-academic activities like arts or trade skills and everyone is expected to learn two foreign languages in addition to their native language.

* Homework is kept to a minimum so kids have time for extracurricular activities.

* There is no high-stakes testing. The government does some random testing to ensure that the system as a whole is performing but only some students are tested at random and neither schools nor students are penalized for low scores.

* There are a few "private" schools but even those are funded by government grants. Private schools are barred from charging tuition and must accept every child who is eligible for the local public school.

* Finland regularly finishes top-ten in international PISA testing in both math and reading, sometimes placing #1.

Do you think a country the size of Austin, Dallas and Houston combined makes it easier?

By high school, I think the gifted designation is mostly useless. It's way more important for students to simply make time to study.

By high school, I think the gifted designation is mostly useless. It's way more important for students to simply make time to study.
I disagree.

Within the town I live in, TAG allows students to take college level courses. Plus, they are more encouraged to take AP and IB course work as a high schooler.

Walking out of high school with college credit already in your pocket will save money on college tuition.

Eh don't blame Communism. In China their high school students are better than most US college students in math and science.

I thought we have accepted that China skews those test scores by ensuring that the government gets to decide which city, district, schools, and students get to participate in those tests. Whereas, the US has a more broad approach to standardized testing when compared to countries overseas.

Lol, I love all the righties in here who think this is about Marxism, and not Marxism being used as cover for cost cutting.

I always thought the most evil union ever was government and private power.

It turns out the most evil union ever is bean counters using race warriors as cover to cut programs all sane people support.

Back