Social 'Gender-bending' chemical found in food and plastic bottles now linked to ADHD and autism

I expect that over the next 50 years we will constantly be faced with new evidence of how badly we've fucked ourselves up with chemicals and radiation, and how some of these changes may now be irreversible and implanted into our DNA, to be suffered by future generations of children who never really even had a choice on the matter.

Unfortunately, we really have no other choice than to use ourselves as test subjects because it takes decades to accumulate true data on which products might be harmful to us, and to what degree. The society is also geared in such a way that the potential economic gain in pushing out a product will outweigh the obvious risks to society, as we've seen for example with the opioids.

I look forward to the day the first article on how vaping is worse than smoking comes out. It seems to be the way these things go

Uh yeah.... no. Don't fucking encourage anyone to self-diagnose FFS. That's ridiculous.

I don't believe it happened, mind you. But if it did, that's pretty fucked up.

The training session? Oh, it 100% did. Dunno if anyone on my team bothered doing it, I certainly didn't. It's fucking weird, like. You don't just get to decide you have autism one day, because you answered a few fucking questions on an online tool or similar. It's something a medical doctor should be diagnosing - which does make me wonder actually if these increases in autism are inflated by self-diagnosed people and it's not as bad as we think.

This explains the tranny epidemic.

for all the ppl denying gender dismorphia/trans existence, there it is. Whether it's naturally occurring, or induced by plastics, it's there and gender dismorphic people should be respected.
So what’s happens if the body adapts and is able to counter the effects later on in one’s life, and they are then stuck with the wrong body? Maybe it’d be a better alternative to study this further. We already know plastics and chemicals are screwing us all, but exactly to what degree?

The training session? Oh, it 100% did. Dunno if anyone on my team bothered doing it, I certainly didn't. It's fucking weird, like. You don't just get to decide you have autism one day, because you answered a few fucking questions on an online tool or similar. It's something a medical doctor should be diagnosing - which does make me wonder actually if these increases in autism are inflated by self-diagnosed people and it's not as bad as we think.
There may be a bit of over-diagnosis of some conditions in general, but I think larger numbers of identified cases of ADHD and Autism are mainly down to better recognition they exist in the first place and better effort being made to care for such people. When I was a kid ADHD was thought of by adults as just an excuse for being a pain in the arse. By the time I got to high school it was a recognized condition but thought to only occur in young children who then grow out of it. By the time I was an adult there was better recognition of it in teenagers but still thought to be something they grow out of.

I was diagnosed with ADHD in middle age, not all that long ago.

Incidentally, going through most of my life with no idea I had it and not being able to understand the cause of my "issues" getting by in life was quite challenging. Still is, mind. So, I'm very glad to see the neuro-diverse getting the recognition and help they need much younger in life. In fact, I'm all for erring a little bit on the side of caution if there is any doubt, frankly, but FFS don't be telling people to "do their own research" on mental health issues. See a medical professional.

There was some real life basis to what he was saying but he said it in a ridiculous way and attached a conspiracy to it.

https://news.berkeley.edu/2010/03/01/frogs/

I think people just find it comforting to think that something like that ending up in our food must be the result of a conspiracy by a small group of evil people rather than facing the truth that it's due to complete disregard for our safety by an entire industry.

Conspiracy theories are essentially just a coping mechanism to make our problems seem smaller and more manageable than they really are.

I expect that over the next 50 years we will constantly be faced with new evidence of how badly we've fucked ourselves up with chemicals and radiation, and how some of these changes may now be irreversible and implanted into our DNA, to be suffered by future generations of children who never really even had a choice on the matter.

Unfortunately, we really have no other choice than to use ourselves as test subjects because it takes decades to accumulate true data on which products might be harmful to us, and to what degree. The society is also geared in such a way that the potential economic gain in pushing out a product will outweigh the obvious risks to society, as we've seen for example with the opioids.

Bro, in 50 years, we'll all have overeem's horsemeat mutation. We'll be fine.

We'll, probably knock ourselves out every time we bump our heads slightly too hard, but we'll be built like Greek gods at least

I look forward to the day the first article on how vaping is worse than smoking comes out. It seems to be the way these things go

Here in the UK, they're talking about eliminating smoking by having an ever-rising minimum age (ie, starting at 18, then increasing every year so that nobody under a certain age is ever legally able to buy them). I would suspect that if that happens and it's successful, they will look into heavily taxing vapes, in which case you might get your article.

I dunno how anyone can be convinced about vaping though.

The people I know that vape are absolutely insistent it's not that bad for them. Seems like cope to me. If something doesn't naturally belong in the lungs, probably better to not force it in there.

It's been known for what over a decade that these chemicals spike estrogen.

Never drink out of a plastic water bottle that's been sitting in the sun.

Even better, filter your own water or buy filtered water in 5 gallons and use a stainless steel water bottle.

It always drives me nuts seeing those big flats of plastic water bottles that people buy. So much waste.
I roll with a glass growler. Half gallon sized. I break them only about once a year and get a new one. Stainless steel is good also, it does leave a metallic taste sometimes. Don't know why people buy those water bottles.

The greatest threat to our environment right now, outside of a nuclear bomb, is pollution in our ground and water. Mostly by plastics and other chemicals. Mercury is getting in fish, farmers use poisons on their crops. plastics are getting into our oceans and water supplies. So every time you take a breath of air, drink some water, or eat something, you are getting carcinogenic substances in your body. This is dangerous. This is going to kill a lot of people over time.

Back