Social Major study finds Gender Affirming Care has no significant effect on suicide rate

The suicidal tendencies of transgendered people comes from how they get shit on by society for being themselves, or how they have to hide how they feel all the time, which is also stressful. I know someone who went to prison for beating up a cop over nothing. I know someone who I think (don't know) shot someone over cocaine. It is well know in the town I grew up in in the 90s that the price for a murder was $300. There were lots of hitmen. People act like murder and suicide is like this huge jump, or insanity, and they just aren't. They are regular things regular people do when they are in a shitty situation. I would personally kill myself if I had to wear formal business clothing every day. I don't think I'd make it.

Mother fuckers who have never even seen a transgendered person in real life, and who couldn't name five women (cis and trans combined) who trust them, spend all day on the fucking internet cooking up arguements for why they should be allowed to bother, assault, harass, and use politics and the law against transgendered people and then wonder why their suicide rate is so high.

You fucking pussies had a meltdown when the Little Mermaid was black. You're still talking about Anita Sarkisian and worried that M&Ms are too woke. You're trash. And you're bullies and the reason strangers kill themselves. That the abusers don't see what the big deal is, is obvious. You can be abusive in passing. The lion doesn't remember every fucking rabbit.

Hahahaha....

What a meltdown... nice

The whole conversation on transgenderism is just so irreparably damaged. Both sides of this keep making these absolutist statements that we can't possibly have the answers to yet. Not enough studies have been done, and not enough time has passed.
The supporters and haters look at studies like this and say "See, doesn't work. Whole thing is bullshit", or, "See, this proves that it works, because less kids committed suicide this year".
That's not how science works. You can't just look at an individual study to completely dismiss or completely prove your point.

How can you really accurately test whether or not gender affirming care helps/doesn't help manage suicide rates when we don't even have a complete understanding of transgenderism? It's something that heavily relies on self-diagnosis.
Young people without gender dysphoria commit suicide. So how would you be able to isolate that one factor? What if someone that got gender affirming care was happy with themselves for 10 years, but then it all goes downhill when the realization finally sets in that they can't have children, or they never really 'pass' as a real man/woman in society? How do you measure things like this, and keep track of all of the variables in a study over years? There aren't that many trans people.
So much of the science/research involved in this topic seems to start with a lot of bad questions, bad assumptions, and bad solutions.
The idea that gender dysphoria is something that we can fix with cosmetic surgery and hormones sounds like it should be one of the last things on the list to try.

The whole conversation on transgenderism is just so irreparably damaged. Both sides of this keep making these absolutist statements that we can't possibly have the answers to yet. Not enough studies have been done, and not enough time has passed.
The supporters and haters look at studies like this and say "See, doesn't work. Whole thing is bullshit", or, "See, this proves that it works, because less kids committed suicide this year".
That's not how science works. You can't just look at an individual study to completely dismiss or completely prove your point.

How can you really accurately test whether or not gender affirming care helps/doesn't help manage suicide rates when we don't even have a complete understanding of transgenderism? It's something that heavily relies on self-diagnosis.
Young people without gender dysphoria commit suicide. So how would you be able to isolate that one factor? What if someone that got gender affirming care was happy with themselves for 10 years, but then it all goes downhill when the realization finally sets in that they can't have children, or they never really 'pass' as a real man/woman in society? How do you measure things like this, and keep track of all of the variables in a study over years? There aren't that many trans people.
So much of the science/research involved in this topic seems to start with a lot of bad questions, bad assumptions, and bad solutions.
The idea that gender dysphoria is something that we can fix with cosmetic surgery and hormones sounds like it should be one of the last things on the list to try.
The thing that makes it even more difficult is self-diagnosis is terribly inaccurate. Expecting someone with a mental illness to accurately diagnose themselves is preposterous.

I agree with every part of your post. What a level headed and logical position to take. Why are you in the war room?

The suicidal tendencies of transgendered people comes from how they get shit on by society for being themselves, or how they have to hide how they feel all the time, which is also stressful.
Shouldn't we then observe countries with the most repressive transgender policies having the highest suicide rates?

Instead, it appears to be the inverse. Countries with the most progressive transgender policies (ie: America), seem to be the only ones struggling with this suicide problem.

Further, we can surely all agree that transgender policies in America are far more progressive today than say, 20 years ago. Shouldn't we have observed a massive decrease in suicide in that time period owing to the increased period of acceptance?

Here's a hypothesis: Suicide and suicidal ideation are self-fulfilling prophecies. Telling someone, "Hey, if you get denied hormones, you're more likely to kill yourself", you are increasing their likelihood of suicide.

Last edited:
The suicidal tendencies of transgendered people comes from how they get shit on by society for being themselves, or how they have to hide how they feel all the time, which is also stressful. I know someone who went to prison for beating up a cop over nothing. I know someone who I think (don't know) shot someone over cocaine. It is well know in the town I grew up in in the 90s that the price for a murder was $300. There were lots of hitmen. People act like murder and suicide is like this huge jump, or insanity, and they just aren't. They are regular things regular people do when they are in a shitty situation. I would personally kill myself if I had to wear formal business clothing every day. I don't think I'd make it.

Mother fuckers who have never even seen a transgendered person in real life, and who couldn't name five women (cis and trans combined) who trust them, spend all day on the fucking internet cooking up arguements for why they should be allowed to bother, assault, harass, and use politics and the law against transgendered people and then wonder why their suicide rate is so high.

You fucking pussies had a meltdown when the Little Mermaid was black. You're still talking about Anita Sarkisian and worried that M&Ms are too woke. You're trash. And you're bullies and the reason strangers kill themselves. That the abusers don't see what the big deal is, is obvious. You can be abusive in passing. The lion doesn't remember every fucking rabbit.
When you say "bother, assault, harass, and use politics and the law" against trans what do you mean? Could you provide some examples a trans person's experiences?

I assume you mean people don't want to kowtow to their mental illness and sexual fetishes. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:
But the actual dispute is whether its legitamite at all. I have conceded the issue being politicized has caused people seeking GAC who shouldn't. But that concession does not come hand and hand with the idea it should be depoliticized from right wingers they go on the offensive and say they want to end GAC all together. Which is where these discussions(on sherdog anyway) always break down. The left agrees to restrictions on it so it goes to only people who really need it and right wingers will not be satisfied by anything short of a total ban because they think all transpeople are mentally ill drag queens.
Certainly should be limited to adults only but the activists won't even accept that.

That not evenly remotely close to how academic institutions work, especially in science departments. That's hind brain conspiracy thinking.

Unless you mean the replication crisis, which had no political agenda apart from greed and hubris (and ivy league aholery). I'd argue clinical psychology etc barely classifies as a science anyway 😜

That’s exactly how studies at academic institutions work.
I don’t believe “studies” any more.

well with Trans it's clearly much harder to blend in. In the LGBQ if you aren't openly displaying what sexuality you are then people leave you alone. With T you are either hiding yourself inside and if you choose to display it outside everyone sees it. This puts them at an immediate increased likeliness of social stigma and also attacks. The mental health burden is just higher. Everyone in that group still walks around with some fear of abuse or fears of assault even in very liberal societies.
They address that. Suicides are higher, but they're due to a number of psychiatric issues, not gender related issues alone. It's why they're arguing that comprehensive care is a better method than focusing one one aspect that isn't shown to be an indicator in and of itself.

I think its absolutely the dominant thought process of conservatives in the US.

You are a religious conservative correct? Do you believe that homosexuality is a transgression against God or do you feel God made some men to pleasure and find pleasure in other men? Do you believe that altering your body by removing your penis, fashioning a "vagina", and assuming the identity of the opposite sex is natural in your God's eyes? Or, is it unnatural and the altering of the human form is a transgression against God?

Are you of the belief that one should not speak out negatively against such matters even if their religion guides them to admonish those who participate in them?

I'm curious as to what your beliefs and stances are since every Muslim I've met is Conservative by today's, if not decade older, standards. I believe the same can be said of Christian fundamentalists FWIW. Thanks.

You are a religious conservative correct? Do you believe that homosexuality is a transgression against God or do you feel God made some men to pleasure and find pleasure in other men? Do you believe that altering your body by removing your penis, fashioning a "vagina", and assuming the identity of the opposite sex is natural in your God's eyes? Or, is it unnatural and the altering of the human form is a transgression against God?

Are you of the belief that one should not speak out negatively against such matters even if their religion guides them to admonish those who participate in them?

I'm curious as to what your beliefs and stances are since every Muslim I've met is Conservative by today's, if not decade older, standards. I believe the same can be said of Christian fundamentalists FWIW. Thanks.
Lots of things are sins like drinking alcohol and fornication but I wouldn't call those who engage in them abominations, just kinda rude if you ask me.

Lots of things are sins like drinking alcohol and fornication but I wouldn't call those who engage in them abominations, just kinda rude if you ask me.

Thank you for the response, it's truly appreciated. I understand your mindset, I'm not a follower of any particular religion though I do believe in a higher power and have a similar mindset to yours.

Thanks again for the well written and worded response. I was sincerely curious of your take regarding the matter.

Why do you think that is?
it's an unknown and humans tend to like the familiar. Science and society have identified LGBQT as normal and recessive parts of human function which have been here since inception. The most basic instinct still insists that what is different must be eliminated or protected against.

it's an unknown and humans tend to like the familiar. Science and society have identified LGBQT as normal and recessive parts of human function which have been here since inception. The most basic instinct still insists that what is different must be eliminated or protected against.

You don't think that maybe the news is trying to make you think that these people are under constant physical harm when they really aren't?

You need help. People like you are the people who pushed the dumb M&M narrative. The people so fragile that we have to have a lesbian candy character so you don't feel excluded. You're the type of person who just assumes people like me give a fuck about little mermaid. Everyone has seen a trans person. Its 2024. You're not a special person with special insight. No one cares about this shit other than people with borderline psychosis and extreme paranoia issues. I guarantee, just based on this tantrum, that you have spent far more time thinking about gay M&Ms than all the conservatives on this forum combined. I'm not sure what this mental condition is, but I think its a type of delusion. You see monsters all around you that are all in your head.

You don't think that maybe the news is trying to make you think that these people are under constant physical harm when they really aren't?
Not constant, but it's a no brainer what is different tends to get picked on more and targeted.

Not constant, but it's a no brainer what is different tends to get picked on more and targeted.

I don't doubt that they probably get picked on more than the average person, especially in high school or if they really draw attention to themselves but there's a big difference in physically assaulting someone and saying rude things to them. Neither is acceptable but I think this whole "trans people are in grave danger" thing is completely fabricated.

I'd say they're more in exponentially more danger of themselves due to having suicidal thoughts that they are of the general public physically attacking them for no reason other than being trans.

You need help. People like you are the people who pushed the dumb M&M narrative. The people so fragile that we have to have a lesbian candy character so you don't feel excluded. You're the type of person who just assumes people like me give a fuck about little mermaid. Everyone has seen a trans person. Its 2024. You're not a special person with special insight. No one cares about this shit other than people with borderline psychosis and extreme paranoia issues. I guarantee, just based on this tantrum, that you have spent far more time thinking about gay M&Ms than all the conservatives on this forum combined. I'm not sure what this mental condition is, but I think its a type of delusion. You see monsters all around you that are all in your head.

I don't normally reply to garbage posts but your "I'm rubber and you're glue" horseshit is goofy. Go fuck yourself you piece of shit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back