Law Watchdog calls on US to ban candy cancer chemicals as UK begins crackdown on American junk food that is linked to health issues and infertility

So the reason 'Muricans are obese and infertile, is because of too many BigMacs?

I don't even know what traditional British food is.

Like, roast lunches and baked potatoes?

I know everyone always pivots to fish 'n' chips, but that's just takeaway junk food.

Gordon Ramsey would have something to say about that statement.

Beef Wellington, every type of pie and pastry going, oysters, stews, dozens of species of fish and seafood, 1000s of different types of bread, tarts, puddings...the list goes on.

British food is amazing and doesn't rely on hiding the quality of the main with sauces and spices.

I don't even know what traditional British food is.

Like, roast lunches and baked potatoes?

I know everyone always pivots to fish 'n' chips, but that's just takeaway junk food.
Steak and Kidney pie come to mind. I think the running joke isn't the quality of the food so much as seasoning or lack thereof. However, I think that's mostly when compared to other cuisine such as Indian. If you compare Indian cooking with all of its varied spices against "traditional" English recipes its likely you'll think the English foods more bland.

It's kind of fascinating the stuff they'll choose to care about. The forced medical experiment that ran for 3 years and the subsequent elevated all cause mortality rates for no apparent reason? Naaah, not important. Red #3 in our candy? Woah, stop that right there. Wait... Is the plan to blame the candy? Climate change, naps, cold showers, gardening, shoveling snow, that fucking American candy... {<jordan}
<YeahOKJen>

Ahh, I love Swedish Fish.

I probably only actually have them 3-4 times a year though.

Import the swedish version.
They should be okay.

or just dont eat that shit. I mean, rat poison exists but people know better than to eat it.

Oh wow look guys the UK being a retarded shithole country again!! They should make a candy Angel like they did with all the knives they confiscated

Ok so some of the chemicals in these candies can cause bad things.

So at what levels? Nothing is said about levels which is very important to having an idea on to ban them completely.

Let's say in one case they did a study with rats or whatever. At what levels did it cause concern and how does that amount equate to human consumption.

Let's take Swedish fish. Does it equate to eating say 6 bags a day for 20 years to accumulate the amount and effect.

So is this a hell of a lot is bad for you so we are going to ban any type over reaction which is what it sounds like.

I'm not sure what's worse actually. British fast food or American. British fast food is delicious so probably that, and u get more.

Behind as usual a with additive stuff ina country with for profit healthcare. Shocking.
US and South America are still going to produce and consume this garbage.

Gordon Ramsey would have something to say about that statement.

Beef Wellington, every type of pie and pastry going, oysters, stews, dozens of species of fish and seafood, 1000s of different types of bread, tarts, puddings...the list goes on.

British food is amazing and doesn't rely on hiding the quality of the main with sauces and spices.

I've been in the UK for a couple of months now and say the terrible food meme is way overblown

Now the coffee though, the coffee is a fucking abomination

I've been in the UK for a couple of months now and say the terrible food meme is way overblown

Now the coffee though, the coffee is a fucking abomination

I've spent quite a few months in the US... You'd need teeth made of titanium to resist dissolving in the sugared milk known as coffee.

As for British coffee, up until 20 years ago it was instant or nothing. There's some world class artisan places about, you just need to avoid the chains and seek them out.

Funny how the FDA is sketchy about some peptides and stem cell therapy and treatment but all good with really bad food along with other harmful crap.

FDA is just a corrupt government tool used to stuff money in corporations and politicians pockets while masquerading as some sort of safety net for the American people.

Pardon me while I go eat 11 servings of bread, 5 servings of veggies, 4 servings of fruit, 3 servings of meat and 3 servings of cheese so I can follow the recommendations of the incredibly smart and scientific people in our government who would never be dishonest with us about our health.

I've spent quite a few months in the US... You'd need teeth made of titanium to resist dissolving in the sugared milk known as coffee.

As for British coffee, up until 20 years ago it was instant or nothing. There's some world class artisan places about, you just need to avoid the chains and seek them out.

I'm not American so won't defend their coffee but the British stuff is just always far too watered down. I made the mistake of buying one at the airport when I arrived and in came in a soup bowl sized cup and was watery shit. It's odd that everywhere I've been mainland Europe, even Germany, makes good coffee but your guys just don't want to learn it seems.

In nz the coffee market is dominated by small owner operator artisan places sonive probably been spoilt for choice which doesn't help.

Back