Game of Thrones-Should I watch?

It's well done, each episode has a lot going on (for the most part) and they don't rely on stupid cliff hangers each show to get you to watch the next one (like say, The Walking Dead, which is ok, but nothing great imo).

Someone with a Breaking Bad av said this.

Wow.

Tits, ass, threesomes, beheadings, dragons, battles, shit exploding, heads being melted, assassinations, plotting and scheming, the bad guys die, the good guys die, everyone meets a gruesome end, a comedic dwarf, a 'you rage you lose' prostitute murdering king, mystery, axes, spears, swords, archery, zombies, more threesomes and more people dieing.

Just a few short reasons to watch.

If you do start watching id suggest avoiding all GoT threads and groups on this site, and avoid any other GoT related sites until you are caught up. Also avoid social media on Sundays

Started it andddd I'm hooked

Advice, AVOID the internet like the plague!!!

Book-readers are c**ts that love to throw in spoilers with their posts. Enjoy!! if you are hooked now, you will LOVE it.

Watch it and read the books. Also read it's spiritual predecessor, DUNE :D.

I seriously envy you for being able to start GoT anew.

When someone tells me they dont watch GOT I know that there`s something wrong with them. I basically divide people into 2 groups, those who watch and those who dont.

When someone tells me they dont watch GOT I know that there`s something wrong with them. I basically divide people into 2 groups, those who watch and those who dont.

To me, TV dramas always feel like really good straight-to-video movies.

If the writing and acting was really good, they'd make a movie. There's probably a reason these concepts end up on TV. Not that they can't be enjoyable, but some people don't have the time to binge watch a new TV series, especially with so many good movies out there.

If you do start watching id suggest avoiding all GoT threads and groups on this site, and avoid any other GoT related sites until you are caught up. Also avoid social media on Sundays

This, too the extreme!

I checked my page at 3 in the morning, and a spoiler was the first thing I saw.

If the writing and acting was really good, they'd make a movie. There's probably a reason these concepts end up on TV. Not that they can't be enjoyable, but some people don't have the time to binge watch a new TV series, especially with so many good movies out there.

I disagree completely! This really is the golden age of tv, compare the best tv series of the last 10 years and compare the best movies of the last 10 years and its not even close. Hollywood is out of good ideas outside of rehashed super hero movies.

Lol, no.

I'd agree w/ you if we were talking about shit like Burn Notice or ER, but HBO has really surpassed film the last few years, as well as AMC. Most of these shows have film actors in them.

Once upon a time I would have agreed but its no longer the case.

"What's happening the past nine to 10 years, particularly at HBO, is what we had hoped for in the mid-'60s with films being made for television at first. We'd hoped there would be this kind of freedom and also the ability to create another world and create long-form characters and story. That didn't happen in the 1970s, 1980s and in the 1990s I think". - Scorsese

You can tell alot more in 10+ hours of tv than in a 2 hr movie. Shows like Breaking bad and GOT are phenomenally successful. Alot of creative people are gravitating towards television.

David Fincher was behind House of Cards. Guys like Fincher and Spacey don't make shows for the hell of it.

There is also money in it. GOT even has a cookbook.

I watched a GoT episode once.

My wife left me and the bank repossessed my home.

Someone with a Breaking Bad av said this.

Wow.

That was one of the things that bothered me with the last season of BB. GoT does it as well, it just doesn't seem to be the only thing they use to get you to watch again. The storylines are much richer, imo.

it depends, do you like to see your favourite characters failing and brutally killed time and time again?

Back