Game of Thrones-Should I watch?

Gave the first season's first episode a try. Just not for me.

It takes some time to get attached to the characters. You didn't want to know what happened with the boy who got pushed out the tower?

Gave the first season's first episode a try. Just not for me.

That's exactly how I felt. Then I watched 3 more episodes, and felt like I wanted to see more.... now it is my fav show by far.

This isn't the type of show that you can judge off of one episode, there's too many characters and too much ground work that needs to be laid before you get a pay off... but it makes the pay offs worth a lot more when they do happen.

It takes some time to get attached to the characters. You didn't want to know what happened with the boy who got pushed out the tower?
My guess is he survived, grew up and continued to watch people having sex.

That's exactly how I felt. Then I watched 3 more episodes, and felt like I wanted to see more.... now it is my fav show by far.

This isn't the type of show that you can judge off of one episode, there's too many characters and too much ground work that needs to be laid before you get a pay off... but it makes the pay offs worth a lot more when they do happen.
I don't like LOTR. If GOT was like Spartacus, which is close to reality, then I probably kept watching.

I don't like LOTR. If GOT was like Spartacus, which is close to reality, then I probably kept watching.

I'm not a big LOTR fan either. I thought LOTR was ok, but very long, drawn out, and hard to watch again. GoT has supernatural elements, but unlike LOTR they are not what drives the story. The majority of the characters on the show don't have interactions with supernatural stuff, and the plots are mostly driven by the medieval life/feudal society aspect of the show.

I'm not a big LOTR fan either. I thought LOTR was ok, but very long, drawn out, and hard to watch again. GoT has supernatural elements, but unlike LOTR they are not what drives the story. The majority of the characters on the show don't have interactions with supernatural stuff, and the plots are mostly driven by the medieval life/feudal society aspect of the show.
Okay. I'll watch the first episode again with no fast forwarding, then I'll get the whole first season. Let's see if it can get me hooked.

To me, TV dramas always feel like really good straight-to-video movies.

If the writing and acting was really good, they'd make a movie. There's probably a reason these concepts end up on TV. Not that they can't be enjoyable, but some people don't have the time to binge watch a new TV series, especially with so many good movies out there.

The plots of modern tv series are so intricate now, 2 hours is not enough to tell these stories. The medium is in its prime right now, thats why McConaughey & Harrelson did true detective and the Coens helped produce fargo this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back