Game of Thrones-Should I watch?

Breaking Bad relied on suspense as a whole even more than Game of thrones.

Watch it and enjoy.

You're really going to ask a forum that has three active (now four cause of you) threads active about the show? Of course everyone will say yes.

it's boring as hell

You can ignore posts like the above. YOu have to remember that Hollywood puts out action packed brainless crap flicks over and over and over again because a significant part of the population doesn't like to have to deal with content or thought, they just want an adrenaline rush. That's why we get so many crap movies these days. If is isn't a constant car chase these people get bored.

I've never seen GoT or BB, and I'm not a fat geek.

Just sayin.

You may not be fat but you did start a thread about not getting your national geographic order correct, and how you bought a microscope.

Geeksville son.

You can ignore posts like the above. YOu have to remember that Hollywood puts out action packed brainless crap flicks over and over and over again because a significant part of the population doesn't like to have to deal with content or thought, they just want an adrenaline rush. That's why we get so many crap movies these days. If is isn't a constant car chase these people get bored.

Why the adamant defense to the point of insulting people for their tastes? I really enjoy GOT and the story but you're kidding yourself if you can't accept that this show has been overly convoluted and extremely slow in the story telling at times. It's an investment to get to know this show and truth be told not many investments are exciting.

Why the adamant defense to the point of insulting people for their tastes? I really enjoy GOT and the story but you're kidding yourself if you can't accept that this show has been overly convoluted and extremely slow in the story telling at times. It's an investment to get to know this show and truth be told not many investments are exciting.

People are free to like/dislike what they want. I am free to agree/disagree with their opinion.

My opinion is that Hollywood has been making crap movies for a long time catering to a large group of people who just like fast action thrill rides. These movies are a dime a dozen and offer cheap thrills devoid of much actual content.

Game of Thrones, in my opinion, is the opposite. It offers three dimension complex characters in a large world where real conflicts and dialogue exist, and it grants the series far more depth and quality than endless car chase scenes.

Calling it boring as the sole assessment of the show is directly related to a need for more action. Well there is plenty of that. A person can go watch Fast and the Furious 18 and Crank 7 for that. If that's what they want then that's their call. Criticizing GoT for being boring is a matter of taste - and a cheap one at that considering the show isn't about action, it's about drama and dialogue. You get more out of the show than action. You get 3 dimensional characters, a in depth world, conspiracies, and so on. It is not a show for adrenaline junkies. That's my point. Cheap thrill rides are somewhere else.

you're kidding yourself if you can't accept that this show has been overly convoluted and extremely slow in the story telling at times. It's an investment to get to know this show and truth be told not many investments are exciting.

yes, you need to invest and research a bit on the history of GOT. You can watch it just as you would any other show but then you may get a impression that its "convoluted" as you say.

Just don't make the mistake to have a favorite character. See sig for more details LOL

I've never started to watch it, either. Downloaded the first season for my ex to watch couple years ago, but never watched it myself, lol.

Yes.

It's a good show if you're into the genre.

Yes.

It's a good show if you're into the genre.

I think that's my problem. Tolkien got lucky and stole my heart with his hobbits, but I've never been one to enjoy medieval/fantasy genres, unless it involves actual history. Then I'm all about it.

I think that's my problem. Tolkien got lucky and stole my heart with his hobbits, but I've never been one to enjoy medieval/fantasy genres, unless it involves actual history. Then I'm all about it.

It's wayyyy better than lotr

TS, BB is my #1 series GOAT.

But if GoT keeps up the very high quality, it's going to surpass BB in a few more seasons.

It's a bit slow at first, though but well worth it.

I disagree completely! This really is the golden age of tv, compare the best tv series of the last 10 years and compare the best movies of the last 10 years and its not even close. Hollywood is out of good ideas outside of rehashed super hero movies.
This. TV has been kicking movie's ass for the last 10 - 15 years.

To me, TV dramas always feel like really good straight-to-video movies.

If the writing and acting was really good, they'd make a movie. There's probably a reason these concepts end up on TV. Not that they can't be enjoyable, but some people don't have the time to binge watch a new TV series, especially with so many good movies out there.

That may have been true in the past. But television series today beast all over movies.

I can't think of a movie that was better than True Detective, Game of Thrones or Boardwalk Empire during the same time period.

Back