Social Gallup: What If There Were 42 Million at the Border?

What if those cultures/religions disagree with each other? Humans are tribalistic and this can be seen at even the smallest levels.

Doesn't matter , people should be able to travel the earth freely. A thousand years from now, our ancestor's will laugh that we had borders. Especially if we are traveling the cosmos.

Wait, people said "Yes, I would move somewhere else if I could." and we're supposed to treat that as an indication about illegal immigrant behavior.

Panamaican, would you like to move to England if you could?

Yes, it's a nice place from the times I've visited.

Ha, gotcha, Panamaican would illegally enter the UK...that bastard.

I can't be the only one who sees the absurdity in that leap of logic?
Manipulative propaganda at its finest.

Last edited:
No you missed the point big guy, likely intentionally because you have a habit of doing that conveniently. Read the questions again.

He does has a point, wanting to do shit, and actually doing it are pretty different things.

How many people do you think would respond positively to "Do you want to lose weight".

If you went to Syria, North Africa or Iraq or wherever they are coming from (I hear Bangladesh of all places) and asked how many like to migrate, likely a large chunk who say yes, will attempt to be like the refugees who do so via sinking ship rescue

Likely in poor Latin America, many who say they want to immigrant will attempt to enter this country illegally. Not everyone does it, but is not too out of the ordinary. Many people will know, or have heard of people seeking that option.

Latin America, (outside of Venezuela) is nowhere near the shithole status of said countries, even in the shitholiest places of Latin America (outside of Venezuela) you can easily migrate internally to another place before thinking about moving further away.

Latin America, (outside of Venezuela) is nowhere near the shithole status of said countries, even in the shitholiest places of Latin America (outside of Venezuela) you can easily migrate internally to another place before thinking about moving further away.

I am not one of those people that thinks Latin America is not safe even for tourists. Clearly, though, there are still people that want to come here for the economic opportunity if nothing else. I just giving examples of places where many people who say they want to go somewhere, will actually follow through as there is a history of it.

2014111141057772194_8.jpg

Implement Sharon Law. Build The Wall.

Funny you say this. I am wondering if the reason we talk of a wall instead of E-verify, other then the fact that the chamber of commerce doesn't actually want to solve illegal immigration, is that it throws shade for Israel's internationally recognized illegal walls.

How many immigrants am I willing to accept?

'bout tree fiddy.

What if tomorrow I woke up tomorrow with a 12 inch dick? Did you consider that? No? That is what I thought.

Then why wasn't your response related to that, at all? You just posited that the idea of 42 million immigrants was lunacy and complained about that. It's hypothetical; the internal logic of "how many there are" is irrelevant to "how many are you willing to take?"

Again, your first post was missing the point of the thread.
No. I lambasted the TS taking the poll as an indication about illegal immigrant anything. See, when you read the link he included, it's not about 42 million people wanting to illegally enter the country (it's not even about 5 million wanting to enter illegally). It's not about illegal immigration at all. But the TS's writing is about illegal immigration.

The point of the thread is to take a Gallup poll about immigration policy and messaging and reduce it to a conversation about illegal immigration. Mocking the thread doesn't mean I missed the point - it means I think the point is stupid.

Extrapolated based on the ongoing issues with the amount we have now and in the past. Now I am counting the ones that come and overstay, and not just the ones that cross undetected. There is great enough number for MSM to be reporting on this ongoing phenomenon for many, many years now.

So basically make pretend?

I am not one of those people that thinks Latin America is not safe even for tourists. Clearly, though, there are still people that want to come here for the economic opportunity if nothing else. I just giving examples of places where many people who say they want to go somewhere, will actually follow through as there is a history of it.

You are giving examples of people with nothing to lose who are fleeing sectarian violence, state repression and war.

Economic migrants move elsewhere to improve their lot in life, but its a big chance that not always pays off, so its not as easy.

If someone asked me "Would you like to move elsewhere?" i would probably say yes and i would probably say the States (Canada is too cold, plus the US has guns). But that would only really happen if someone offered me a great fucking job out of nowhere, something that its not going to happen.

Why are there still people left in Alabama or Mississipi? why are people still left on rural America? if it was all about economic opportunity then everyone would had left already isnt?

The thing is that people are not really fond on change until its forced on them, like how the dust bowl forced farmers to migrate.

Extrapolated based on the ongoing issues with the amount we have now and in the past. Now I am counting the ones that come and overstay, and not just the ones that cross undetected. There is great enough number for MSM to be reporting on this ongoing phenomenon for many, many years now.
That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying the claim that many of the 42 million Latin Americans who would move if they could would enter the US illegally is not supported by anything. We estimate that we have ~400k people entering the country illegally annually. That's 1% of the 42 million Latin Americans who would move if they could, that is not many of them. It's a miniscule percentage of them (and that 400k isn't even all Latin Americans).

The thing that makes me laugh is the fact that someone can say they're an asylum seeker and they end up with a little ticket that tells them to turn up to court in 3yrs time.[or something like that amount of time.]
Who on earth came up with that and how was it passed? It's ludicrous and that needs to be changed.

That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying the claim that many of the 42 million Latin Americans who would move if they could would enter the US illegally is not supported by anything. We estimate that we have ~400k people entering the country illegally annually. That's 1% of the 42 million Latin Americans who would move if they could, that is not many of them. It's a miniscule percentage of them (and that 400k isn't even all Latin Americans).

Then you also have to figure around half of that 400K figure are visa overstays and at least some of the remaining illegal entries enter through areas that already have walls or through a regular port of entry.

So maybe 100K are entering through areas that have no walls or any kind of enhanced security.

Then you also have to figure around half of that 400K figure are visa overstays and at least some of the remaining illegal entries enter through areas that already have walls or through a regular port of entry.

So maybe 100K are entering through areas that have no walls or any kind of enhanced security.
Exactly.

The Gallup CEO makes the relevant point that we need to decide what our immigration policy and goals are and then make that message clear both to U.S. citizens and to foreigners who are considering coming here. But of course, you can't have that conversation without the usual reductionist conversation to some variant of "OMG illegal immigrants are going to overrun the borders".

It's hilarious how you guys have to keep dolling up your white anxiety fantasies in ever more garish dresses. This one's just fabulous.

2te8s0.jpg

Can someone shoop them to make them brown so its more applicable

Exactly. Venezuela has lost something like 10% of its total population in the last few years.

But I don't see millions of poor Venezuelans just pouring into the US. Instead, they're going to Colombia, Peru, Ecuador, Brazil by the millions. This should be shocking news to the bigoted crowd that assumes that the US is the default destination of anyone that so much as has a bad day at work in their native country and wants a change.

Furthermore, crossing into the US through various means is so easy for Mexicans that any of the ones that want to migrate have already done so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back